“Nice venue ”

Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barrhead
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

We attended a wedding reception here and it was lovely. Great venue and the staff were all friendly and efficient. We had a great night. There is a certain air if charm around the hotel and lovely gardens to stroll around. All in all we would recommend this hotel ;)

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BBOSE
There are newer reviews for Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend booked a weekend away here, the hotel is beautiful. We stayed in the Balmoral Suite. It had a Jacuzzi bath in the bathroom which was amazing! Definitley worth paying more for a junior suite to have one. The rooms also came with a fruit bowl, chocolates, dressing gowns, bottled water and tea and coffee making facilities.
As breakfast was included I had a scottish breakfast one morning and really enjoyed it! We didn't have lunch or tea at the hotel but I am sure it was just as good as breakfast!
Its about a ten minute walk from the local station which goes straight to Glasgow.
Overall really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely return!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My wife and I together with my uncle and cousin called in here after a funeral to have a tea.The young lady who served us was very pleasant and brought us a pot of tea and four cups together with two small packets of shortbread (type usually found in hotel bed rooms) , we had roughly about one and a half cups each from this pot.On leaving I went to reception to pay, where I was £14.00----the only thing missing on the young man at reception was a black mask and horse.
This was a total rip off for what was provided.Cannot recommend it .

Room Tip: If you go half a mile into town you can get a tea or coffee for half this price
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Malcolm M
Reviewed 6 October 2013

All the staff were very friendly Had an evening meal which was very good and great value .The bedroom was so great with everything one would need. Breakfast
great selection can't waiting to go back and stay longer so we sample some more great food we only stayed on night due to other commitments.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank smith12Thurso
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Was at a wedding here and the day was fantastic, the evening was also great and the bar staff at the reception were great and very keen to help! The night bar was open for guests and had a very rude man behind moaning at being on the minimum wage. This brought the overall experience down for my rating. The venue was slightly dated.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Kevhislop
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Large parking area, nice grand looking hotel & gardens, very friendly welcome upon check in, room good size with all frills, good free wireless connection, stairs and furniture a little creaky and rickety like an old manor house, some will see as character and others will see as dated, didn’t really bother me either way. Food looked pricey (£6-£8 for a starter, £15-£21 for a main) so decided to eat out instead. Good full Scottish breakfast in the morning, I do love tatty scones! Probably a little pricey at their standard advertised £125.00 a night but at £50 inc breakfast I would stay again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Stayed here for one night whilst on business. Arrived late so, after a quick check in, headed to my room to get ready for bed.
Whilst cleaning my teeth, could hear what I though was someone in my room, it turned out that my room used to be joined with the one next door, with the original door being strategically hidden with a chest of drawers. What I could hear was the couple next door getting ready for bed - from them getting their water for the bedside, to them having a 30 minute argument about how one had had an affair with an ex. I could even hear them sighing the wall was so thin!
Given the hotel was quite quiet, it was a little awkward the next morning at breakfast as I could recognise their voices.
My colleague and I had two rooms in the hotel and neither of us could find a hair dryer.
Breakfast felt very formal.
Not an ideal hotel for business travellers.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank fifilat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barrhead
Parklands Hotel & Country Club
Burnhouse Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Burnhouse
Lynnhurst Hotel
#1 of 1 in Johnstone

Been to Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!