“a really lovely hogmanay”

Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barrhead
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“a really lovely hogmanay”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

we just booked the Hogmanay dance and overnight stay 2 days before we were due to go. The bedroom was fine - bit old and in need of some touch up, but then, so are me and my husband! The staff were great, the dinner good, the drink not to expensive and the live band and the piper for the bells were fabulous. The DJ gave the impression that he was too cool for most of the folk in the room but did eventually play the 2 songs we requested (Tainted Love & The Wonder of You). There were some nice wee touches like dishes of chocolates in the room and at the bar. All in all it was a really lovely night and very competitively priced for a Hogmanay overnight stay. Would recommend it

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

I went to view this hotel yesterday with a view to booking it for my daughters Communion. On arrival all looked lovely. I had arranged to meet with Richard the hotels Manager to go over the details and to view room etc. Richard had to go and attend to another function taking place within hotel however before he left I told him u would be back tomorrow to pay my deposit.he seemed happy at this. I sat and had a cup of tea and had another look around before leaving i spoke to the receptionist to confirm if Richard was in the following day and that I would be paying my deposit. She didn't know if he was going to be there or not but assured me someone else would take the deposit.
I phoned the hotel twice today and also had to email before I got a phone call back from Richard telling me that he had a appointment last night and that someone had booked the date I wanted and the room I wanted. Richard had my contact details and knew full well that I was paying my deposit today and never mentioned a word when going through all the details that he had another appointment that evening for the same date I was looking for. It's true if your not fast your last but in my opinion this was just Richard being sneaky my booking was brushed to the side to make way for the big bucks a Wedding ! The place was lovely but having been treated this way I couldn't possibly recommend it! The managers just a snake !

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Coletteb24
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My husband and I stayed with our two kids for 2 nights for a wedding. The staff where brilliant so helpful and kind. My kids loved the grounds and breakfast was a real hit. Who doesn't love a full breakfast in the morning. The hotel as a wedding venue was perfect, the rooms are beautiful four poster beds and plenty of room. We had a fantastic time and I would happily recommend to future brides or couples who fancy a getaway. Next time we are leaving the kids at home.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Liverpool
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed for just one night whilst on business in the area, The room was well equipped and the bed was very comfortable. Very good value for money and the breakfast was really good served by friendly staff.
I did not eat at the hotel and the bar area was deathly quiet so I went out to eat rather than being the sole diner in the hotel! I think I just stayed on a very quiet night.
I would certainly stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed here for a work Christmas night out. I've never before stayed in a hotel by myself and was a bit apprehensive about doing so. The staff at check in were brilliant and really friendly. My room was above average for the price I paid (£45) with robes, choccies, fruit and water and breakfast was excellent! The staff even directed my work colleagues to my room for a pre party drink!!! I'm thinking of staying at this hotel with my husband for the weekend even though I live in Glasgow!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with my partner lastnight for my birthday !! It's quite far from town center . First impressions on this hotel , we thought it was beautiful . Hotel had a Robbie tribute on but there's no info of this on their site do iwas left feeling uncomfortable as I was underdressed ! When we went back to hotel room , we decided to try the jacuzzi as you do but there was some things coming oot don't know what ! As if that wasn't bad enough we put some music on but as the room walls are paper thin another resident complained " so we were told " it wasn't that loud !!! And treated shocking from the member of staff . Room was frozing ! Next morning we complained to manager he wasn't helpful at all ! No apology or refund !!!Brilliant stay for £110 for a night. !

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Lm4cp
Aberdeen
Reviewed 10 December 2013

On arrival at this hotel, we were pleasantly surprised. My colleagues were pleased with their rooms & we found out that a Take That tribute band was playing in the function suite that night (which was right up my street and very enjoyable!). Unfortunately, the website for this hotel is poor, meaning that we didn't know this band was playing & there are no food menus on the site. When I called to ask for a menu by email, I was told that they don't really have one & just choose what to cook as they go! We were all pleased with our stay until morning. Being away on business, we'd hoped for the normal quick buffet breakfast that you get in most hotels. However, the service was extremely slow & our waitress was unfriendly. Also, be aware that the walls in the hotel rooms are very thin meaning that I could hear my workmate's every move!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barrhead
Uplawmoor Hotel
Lynnhurst Hotel
#1 of 1 in Johnstone
Burnhouse Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Burnhouse

Been to Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!