“comfortable night”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barrhead
Scotland
“comfortable night”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

stayed here whilst visiting relatives locally,so didnt spend huge amount of time in hotel but found bed comfortable,agree with others,wee bit dated, staff were very pleasant,good breakfast choice,however my son and partner had problems with a blocked sink in their room, which was not fixed in the short time we were there, meaning they had to use our room to brush teeth etc.Not ideal.Another big no no was finding someone elses knickers under the bed.....someone didnt look? Only reason I was there I kicked a shoe under,dont normally check under beds but maybe I should....

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank madame-m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We booked this hotel in time for Valentine's and stayed the following weekend. We had booked this and received an email confirmation about what was included within the price. It said:

Junior Suite Double Room sleeps 2 Breakfast included
Room Notes: KING size bed / Double Jacuzzi / full Breakfast. Tea/Coffee/Biscuits - Fruit- Chocs- Flower Vase- Bottled Water.Bathrobes.Hairdryer Flat Screen Digital TV. FREE WIFI. 2 course meal & coffee with bottle of wine for two with free parking.

However when arriving for dinner we asked if there was a set menu we had to pick from for the deal they told us it wasn't included as it was an advertisement for an additional purchase. We decided to take the offer of 2 courses for 2 people for £39.00. That to me means we get 2 courses each and a bottle of wine for £39 however it actually meant 2 main courses (1each) and a bottle of wine between us. A starter or dessert was another additional cost. So we picked the steak and asked just 2 steaks please...~that is literally what we were given on a plate just one slab of meat with nothing else. Half way through we were approached by the waiter who put down a bowl of chips and said: "Oh I do apologise I forgot your french fries." They weren't french fries they were chunky chips and very plain ones at that! The room was very cluttered with furniture- the furniture was over size compared to the size of the room it was in. The "jacuzzi" for 2 offered was infact a bath with jet spray function built for one even though the pictures showed a jacuzzi built into the floor big enough for at least 2 people. The bed was very uncomfortable and seemed to dip in the middle so we couldnt lie flat and the pillows were lumpy. The frame constantly rattled during the night and I was kept awake through out. The blind couldn't pull down due to a mock draw string at the side. The cherry ontop of this experience was checking out only to be handed a bill of £180 for the night as the amount apparently wasn't fully paid online when booking. Really spoiled our week off together for Valentines, too much money when all we got was a room. At least we had Ant and Dec on TV to keep us entertained.

We stayed to check the place out for our wedding reception, think we will be looking elsewhere after that!

Room Tip: Rooms overpriced and crammed no value for money.
2 Thank See-shaw102011
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Stayed here recently wanted to sample some luxury , the hotel was lovely looking externally, but inside something is wrong. The staff are attentive and polite the food was hot and delicious. There was not any sort of atmosphere and the restaurant was out of bounds due to a private party taking place so we had a bar meal in the lounge. The window behind me was blowing a gale in. I think it's a listed building hence old sash windows that have been painted shut and no elevator to upper floor. The condensation was pretty bad in the bedroom .It was a bit cold too, although as an extra, there was a "plug in radiator" style heater, and the dial was broken on it, one of the lightbulbs was out in the bedside table. The bed was a 4 poster bed but it was a very creaky bed and the mattress was so flat and lumpy and sunken it was the most uncomfy sleep I ever had. The mattress is needing replaced . The decor in the room was very gloomy and dated, giving a bad vibe all mahogony and burgundy. I also heard every time the couple next door used their toilet (terrible) and the man next door sneezed and it sounded like he was in the room with me. Zero soundproofing, very tired furniture in the hotel , creaky floors no disabled access as far as I know. No air conditioning, or modern things in the room, NO secure deadlocks, a traditional mortice lock fitted on the door. Clean surroundings though, the domestics had left nice bathrobes folded, fresh clean towels, chocolate mints, bottled mineral water and a fruit bowl and those little touches were nice. You really cannot do anything much. The tv was ok, the kettle was a travel one it took about 15mins to boil . I worried about the windows not opening as an escape route for fire . Just me I know, but you never know, I am a bit claustrophobic and like air in my bedroom. The breakfast was cooked fast and was delicious. If you like home comforts this is not 100% modern, and ever so overpriced esp their weddings brochure prices, pfffttt , they try and cater for weddings but I would think it looks nice in pics, but when you are there , it's not that great just something not right , like someone died in the place, there is a heavy ,oppressive feeling and I wouldnt wait to leave, just didnt feel at home for all the reasons above. It's not the staff its the building, sick building syndrome, or "something" wrong get a sage smudging kit, an interior designer, an architect in and it will be fine. And a locksmiths. And a glazer!

Room Tip: take ear plugs
3 Thank 290Glasgow
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Initial impressions were good. There was a strange almost damp smell you notice when you first walk in but that quickly disappeared and wasn't off putting.

Large spacious rooms. Relatively clean, although the toilet sink was blocked, and although one of the staff came straight up to look at it, it wasn't fixed within our 1 night stay. The floorboards in the corridor were also very creaky and woke me up in the early morning.

The staff were very helpful, my mum thought she lost her car keys as we were leaving and the staff tried their best to look for them. (Turned out my mum had them in her bag).

The complimentary breakfast looked nice enough, I only had some toast and coffee, but had no complaints.

Overall I enjoyed my short stay here, and if I was ever visiting Barrhead again I would choose the Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel again.

I stayed here with my Girlfriend and my Parents in February 2014.

Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

I visited the Dalmeny back December for a Robbie Williams Christmas party night (I always love going back there as it is where my husband and I got married). The food was really nice with plenty of choice, which is a great thing to find as usually function food especially at Christmas nights can feel massed produced but this was anything but, everyone at our table loved it.

The staff always seem happy to be there and are always on hand to help. As for the Manager Richard, he welcomed us on arrival and made us feel like we were the only ones there and not just a number in a party of 100 people. I have attended various functions here over the years, including our wedding which was by far the best day ever.

The Dalmeny is a very special place to me and I would have no hesitation reccommending the place to others.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We received a very warm welcome when we arrived at the hotel. The service and standard of food was second too none. The staff could not have been more helpful and we were treated like royalty. Although there was a large function on and the place was busy the level of service we received did not reflect this. In this climate where every penny counts I would certainly recommend this hotel too friends and family as it was exceptional value for money. The staff and management are a credit to this establishment.

• Stayed January 2014
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel following an evening out with friends at Hogmany and can honestly say I couldn't fault a thing. Value for money was great. My meal was great and definitely substantial amount. Reason for review was that I have just stayed at another hotel following another evening out and the standards were quite low compared to Dalmeny yet cost more. Therefore I felt it appropriate to leave review complimenting the Dalmeny for both great staff and great standards. Thanks a lot for a warm welcome and hopefully see you again soon.

• Stayed December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barrhead
Uplawmoor Hotel
Lynnhurst Hotel
#1 of 1 in Johnstone
Burnhouse Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Burnhouse

Been to Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!