“Romantic Night away”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barrhead
Saltcoats, United Kingdom
“Romantic Night away”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed in a suite at the Dalmeny House and have no complaints at all lovely room just what we were looking for as a quiet night away peaceful surroundings and staff really helpful, would love to saty there again in the near future. Ordered room service and the food was really good and excellent value

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

From the photographs I expected a half decent room with half decent breakfast…
But was pleasantly surprised at how helpful all the staff were, how lovely and comfortable and warm the room was and how tasty my dinner was too!
Unfortunately, my breakfast was a tale of quantity over quality - the scrambled eggs were tasteless and plentiful and the fish was such a large portion for just breakfast - I was seated at a dirty table (how could the waitress not have noticed?!?!) and then moved to a clean table by another member of waitstaff.
The wifi was absolutely miserable - if this is important to you then do NOT stay here - you will be unhappy!
Otherwise, the hotel itself is very attractive, nice layout, nice decor, choice of two restaurants and extremely well-priced.
Thank you Dalmeny - for all my criticisms, it is the people that make a place what it is and you are all an exemplary example of really great staff!

Room Tip: Just ask for what you need - it's always the best way!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jo E
Reviewed 28 May 2014

i had my wedding here on 9th may and i have to say it was the best day of my life. from start to finish it was faultless and this was made so by the most amazing staff! Bill the MC for the day kept everything running smoothly and was able to calm me down before the ceremony and helped me enjoy my day.
i stayed in room 103 the night before, very comfortable, spa bath, lovely. i had dinner there in the bar and lunch beofre the ceremony and i would rate the food highly and i am looking forward to going back fr a meal sometime.
the meal on the day was gorgeous, both th eroom we got married in and the reception room wre well furnished and looked amazing. the grounds are breathtaking and i am looking forward to seeing my photos!
i would recommend the dalmeny park to anyone for their wedding
BUT
there are 2 points that i have to point out as they almost spoiled the day!
1- we had been told that people could book in from 2pm (this was June 2013 when we booked the wedding) and given this we arranged for the wedding to start at 3pm to give people time to settle in. IN the run up to the wedding the people who had booked rooms were phoning the hotel to ask what time to book in etc and were being told 3pm then phoning us asking why we had told them wrong! many phone calls from us to the Dalmeny Park and to Richard (wedding co-ordinator???) only to be told it WAS 2pm and that he would let the reception staff know- this went on for weeks and the 2 weeks before a wedding it is the last thing a bride needs. I had sppoken to Richard and was quite irrate. nothing changed still the same info. Phoned the next day and he told me he had spoken to my fiance the day before about it and it was sorted......he had spoken to ME and nothing changed! it was eventually sorted but the lack of communication was a great source of stress to me in the days before the wedding- it was as if they did not talk to each other!!!!!
2- when we went to pay the deposit the week prior to the big day i remembered it was £108? to be paid. My then fiance paid by card and i noticed it was £119?. if i hadnt checked our numbers that morning then glanced at the card machine we would have been charged over £100 extra. On booking out the morning after the wedding we were to settle our room bill. Again we were charged more. Turns out they were charging us for 2 more guests at a total of £105. I questionned Richard about this and he said there were 2 extra guests than i said there were- he had the seating plan, i counted the names in front of him but he kept saying i was wrong- IT WAS THERE IN BLACK AND WHITE. by that point i left as i was so angry and my husband dealt with it. The money was refunded. I am not for ainute suggesting that it was deliberate BUT its a big mistake to make- twice and could have cost us over £200. PLease check everything on your blill.
all in all despite the fawlty towers methods of communication and arithmetic i would do it all again as it was an amazing day- thansk Bill and all the waiting and bar staff.

1 Thank gratefulgraft
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My partner and i found this place on the internet while looking for a night away. We are so happy we did full of character gardens are gorgeous staff are first class food superb. Going back to the kintyre suite in november. Highly recommend.x

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank ladyblue3
UK
Reviewed 15 May 2014

A totally brilliant way to take advantage of a last minute deal for a business trip.
I booked this hotel on the spur of the moment as I needed a room, I was I little worried about all the other reviewers comments on creaking floorboards as I'm a light sleeper, I can honestly say it's the best place to relax and unwind in Scotland.
The rooms are beautifully appointed, and the whole place reflects a relaxing, professional and elegant operation.
Don't hesitate in considering it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2014

On the 12th April 2014, my Husband and I had the Wedding of our Dreams here. From morning to night, everyone at Dalmeny Park worked so hard to ensure our day was perfect. The Hotel has a Mansion House where we had our ceremony, which was stunning & beautifully decorated. Then we moved onto the Reception Suite, equally as stunning. The Grounds & Gardens are breathtaking, and very well maintained, perfect for photographs. All the bedrooms are comfy and charismatic.
Dalmeny Park is a hidden gem near Glasgow, perfect for any wedding or occasion. It has a lovely relaxed atmosphere, all my guests felt totally at ease and really enjoyed their experience. My guests are still commenting on the gorgeous food that was served, how nice the staff were and genuinely how lovely the venue was.
There is nothing we would change about our experience at Dalmeny, it was totally perfect for us and our guests. Richard the Manager was so lovely and catered for our every need and had great advice and ideas. Margaret was Front of House and was so friendly and welcoming. Bill was our Master Of Ceremony and did an awesome job getting everyone in the right place and right time. And all the other staff i have every met are brilliant. Suzanne the owner is lovely, you can tell she loves the place as much as we did and it shows in the service she and her Team deliver. I would recommend everyone to experience the Magic at Dalmeny Park at least once.

Sincerely Written by
Sarah & Jamie Russell ( Glasgow )

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sarah r
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I've just recommended this hotel to a friend and her family. They are there this week and after me telling them all about this I hope they enjoy it as much as we I'd. Well there is one thing I will not be worrying about but I'm not hey will love it x

Room Tip: They all look amazing
1 Thank christine c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barrhead
Uplawmoor Hotel
Lynnhurst Hotel
#1 of 1 in Johnstone
Burnhouse Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Burnhouse

Been to Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!