“Lovely hotel, even better food.”

Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barrhead
“Lovely hotel, even better food.”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Despite being surrounded by houses the hotel feels secluded and looks absolutely stunning set in some lovely grounds which I would recommend walking around and listening to the sheep and birds in the distance.

I stayed for two nights while in the area on business in a twin room on the first floor; there is no lift but the receptionist did offer to help me with my bags.

The room was a little on the small side with en-suite toilet and shower with a desk and small draw unit but was sufficient for my stay. The shower was underpowered and did could not be positioned high enough to wash anyone over 5'8" but did the job eventually.

I prefer a firm bed so I found the beds too soft; they also moved on the floor with the slightest movement making me feel a little sea sick. For my own sanity and the people below me I pushed the beds apart and slept with the mattress on the floor.

Wireless internet is available but did have some connectivity issues that I was made aware of on my arrival and told that the access points in the restaurant and bar was still working. I connected fine and had sufficient bandwidth for general internet surfing without lag.

The bar stocked a fairly good selection of wines across a number of price points and matched well with the menu. I ate both evenings at the hotel in the bar and then the restaurant and had breakfast on my last day. The quality, quantity and presentation of every meal was exceptional and very good value for money. Be warned though if you have the haggis, neeps and tatties for starter you better have a side salad for mains, you will be unable to move otherwise. I didn't and couldn't face breakfast the next day.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 110 with easy access to the business desk with internet and printer access.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Irvine, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My son and new daughter in law had their wedding at the Dalmeny Park hotel with the ceremony being held in the grounds of the hotel. Everything was perfect, the staff could not have been more helpful in making this a really special day for them. The hotel and gardens are very well maintained. I had relatives who stayed a few nights and they commented how friendly the staff were and that breakfast and the evening meal were excellent.
If you are staying in the area this has to be one of the best hotels to use.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Looking for a quick stay prior to a business meeting in Glasgow I searched for a bargain late booking. The Dalmeny Hotel popped up and I glanced quickly through the reviews, which were mixed. The negative reviews should not influence a stay here. I suggest a quick call to ensure there is not a wedding or event on, book a larger room and enjoy the beautiful grounds. The hotel is in need of a few pounds spent sure but the staff really keep it in good order and certainly looked after us. Great hotel to explore the area or relax in the grounds.

Room Tip: Ask for the honeymoon rooms if possible
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Law, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Having previously stayed in this hotel I was delighted when my husband had arranged an overnight stay there for my 50th birthday. The disappointment began when we arrived at reception to be 'welcomed' by a man who uttered an enquiring 'yes?' Which suggested our arrival was a bit of an inconvenience to him. On receipt of the key to the Balmoral suite we went to our room.....what a drab, tired suite it was....a mixture of oversized furniture for the small bedroom including a wardrobe that it is not possible to fully open both doors on due to its position in the room, a cupboard promising a mini bar that was empty, Windows that could do with a clean, threadbare carpet Leamington large bathroom which I believe is supposed to be luxurious!! Broken marble around the sink area, mismatched bulbs about twin sinks, one of which didn't work, rusty radiator that would benefit from a clean and coat of paint, dirty Windows, blackened grout between tiles surrounding the double Jacuzzi which had a very worn,dirty looking plug hole. I believe this room is normally charged at £225, it was bad enough that we had paid £150 through a booking.com deal. Breakfast was fine although the staff leave much to be desired - we arrived in the restaurant at 0720hrs to be met by an older lady just arriving to work, still in her jacket, who didn't even say good morning. Overall this hotel doesn't appear to be worthy of the four star status and the staff are not very friendly. We did have a lovely meal in Snooks steakhouse and enjoyed the novelty of being away for the night but we won't be returning to the Dalmeny Park Hotel anytime soon, in our opinion its standards have slipped.

Room Tip: Don't choose the Balmoral suite...we have previously stayed in the lomond suite which we found t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sam-Annette T
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here for one night, stayed in the four poster room which was beautiful. The bed was very comfortable, the room was a lovely size and clean. Fruit and chocolates in the room was a nice touch. Breakfast was very good with plenty to choose. The hotel has beautiful surroundings. Very quiet and relaxing. The staff were very friendly and made you feel very welcome.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Johnstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Visited with my work for an award night this month we received a 3 course meal with drinks my first time visiting the hotel and I must say I very much enjoyed the experience couldn't fault the hotel one bit. Dinner was delicious and the service Perfect the hotel is beautiful especially at night with all the lights illuminating outside it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Saltcoats, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed in a suite at the Dalmeny House and have no complaints at all lovely room just what we were looking for as a quiet night away peaceful surroundings and staff really helpful, would love to saty there again in the near future. Ordered room service and the food was really good and excellent value

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barrhead
Uplawmoor Hotel
Burnhouse Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Burnhouse
Ashtree House Hotel
#4 of 9 in Paisley

Been to Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!