“Our wedding and return visit”

Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barrhead
“Our wedding and return visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had our wedding here in June 2013. We had an excellent day as did all our family and friends. The food was lovely and all the staff were extremely helpful and very polite; they could not do enough for us. Our honeymoon suite was lovely and all the rooms our wedding party had were of a high standard. We received many compliments from our guests regarding the hotel. We returned for our 1st anniversary and again the food was lovely and the service from the staff was excellent. We would like to thank Richard, Bill and all the staff for everything they did for us, we would highly recommend this hotel .

Jennifer & Michael

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Dumfries, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Was at hotel for 1 night and got rate of expedia. Room was actually a suite and was huge and bathroom even larger. Fresh fruit, flowers, chocolates etc... Way more than I expected and paid for. Lovely hotel in nice area and staff very helpful. Also huge car park +++++

Stayed July 2014
Borders
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Upgraded without even asking, chocolates, dressing gown.. and a massive room all for me... love love this place...a real Scottish welcome... can't fault it :) Would be an amazing romantic getaway.

Georgia G

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ninecatz
Amersham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

The billing is 4* so expectations are quite high and small bad things count more heavily on the disappointment scale.

But starting with positives. Location is quiet, standard double bedroom is comfortable, staff are friendly and, er ... Positives stop there.

There is no lift and the walk to some rooms is quite a long way up and down stairs, reception will help with luggage. People with mobility problems should avoid this hotel.

The bathroom was tired and the stained shower curtain unpleasant. Management needs to replace the sad, hack, fading prints in the common areas which add nothing to any atmosphere or feeling of quality. And why a Tartan carpet!

Breakfast is nothing more than ordinary. The scrambled egg had been through at least half-a-dozen processes since it left the chicken's bum - quite unpalatable. Don't ask for decaf unless you expect a Nescafé sachet.

So all in all with a reasonable price it is just above average.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank hazy_amersham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Despite being surrounded by houses the hotel feels secluded and looks absolutely stunning set in some lovely grounds which I would recommend walking around and listening to the sheep and birds in the distance.

I stayed for two nights while in the area on business in a twin room on the first floor; there is no lift but the receptionist did offer to help me with my bags.

The room was a little on the small side with en-suite toilet and shower with a desk and small draw unit but was sufficient for my stay. The shower was underpowered and did could not be positioned high enough to wash anyone over 5'8" but did the job eventually.

I prefer a firm bed so I found the beds too soft; they also moved on the floor with the slightest movement making me feel a little sea sick. For my own sanity and the people below me I pushed the beds apart and slept with the mattress on the floor.

Wireless internet is available but did have some connectivity issues that I was made aware of on my arrival and told that the access points in the restaurant and bar was still working. I connected fine and had sufficient bandwidth for general internet surfing without lag.

The bar stocked a fairly good selection of wines across a number of price points and matched well with the menu. I ate both evenings at the hotel in the bar and then the restaurant and had breakfast on my last day. The quality, quantity and presentation of every meal was exceptional and very good value for money. Be warned though if you have the haggis, neeps and tatties for starter you better have a side salad for mains, you will be unable to move otherwise. I didn't and couldn't face breakfast the next day.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 110 with easy access to the business desk with internet and printer access.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Irvine, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

My son and new daughter in law had their wedding at the Dalmeny Park hotel with the ceremony being held in the grounds of the hotel. Everything was perfect, the staff could not have been more helpful in making this a really special day for them. The hotel and gardens are very well maintained. I had relatives who stayed a few nights and they commented how friendly the staff were and that breakfast and the evening meal were excellent.
If you are staying in the area this has to be one of the best hotels to use.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Darlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Looking for a quick stay prior to a business meeting in Glasgow I searched for a bargain late booking. The Dalmeny Hotel popped up and I glanced quickly through the reviews, which were mixed. The negative reviews should not influence a stay here. I suggest a quick call to ensure there is not a wedding or event on, book a larger room and enjoy the beautiful grounds. The hotel is in need of a few pounds spent sure but the staff really keep it in good order and certainly looked after us. Great hotel to explore the area or relax in the grounds.

Room Tip: Ask for the honeymoon rooms if possible
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barrhead
South Side
Bruce Hotel
#7 of 7 in East Kilbride
Uplawmoor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Uplawmoor

Been to Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!