“Brilliant Mid-Week Value”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barrhead
Rochdale, England
“Brilliant Mid-Week Value”
Reviewed 7 October 2010

As a business traveller, I'm more than impressed with this place when staying in Glasgow.
I paid £60 for a double room bed and breakfast, and although the bed was a small double, as I was on my own, it didn't matter.
The bathroom was lovely, and had a jacuzzi bath. The bedroom tv was a large plasma with loads of channels.
The cooked breakfast is excellent, and my only gripe would be the wonky wi-fi signal which they really need to get sorted.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank wroughtironron

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Mill town
Reviewed 26 August 2010

This was our second stay at The Dalmeny Park and once again we were impressed with the place. The staff are friendly and attentive, the room (104) clean and well presented and breakfast (full Scottish) first class!!
We paid £75pn for the four poster room with lovely views of the gardens (rack rate advertised at £250??) and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Minor niggles are the mattress is rather firm and the shower head needs replacing however we will definitely return there the next time we visit Paisley.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Warrington, Cheshire
Reviewed 12 August 2010

I stayed at the Dalmeny park for business on 3rd & 4th August and unfortunatly I had already booked again for the 10th &11th August and there were no other hotels nearby free.
I cannot fault the staff they were very friendly and helpful, and both the rooms I stayed in were really nice and clean, (105 &121). The only downfall to the rooms was the showers, it was just a trickle and only luke warm.
The WORST part about staying at the Dalmeny (and for that reason would not stay again) was the food, it was terrible.
The first night I stayed I ordered the chicken ceaser salad as room service, when it was delivered it was just a bowl of Chicken and Bacon mayonaise, there was no lettuce, 2 baby tomatos and a few slices of cucumber, it was covered with crutons and had slices of orange....to say the least it was disgusting.
The next night I went tesco on my way home. The following week, I thought I would try the restuarant.....wish I hadn't. I ordered the mixed grill with chips and peppercorn sauce, the chips and peppercorn sauce was lovely, however the meat was vile. The bacon and sausage I didnt even try as it looked like it had been warmed up from breakfast, the lamb tasted of liver, the gamon didnt taste of gammon at all it had a very weird spicy taste, and the steak was a thin slices of grey meat with a big grissly vein through it.
Breakfast - I cannot comment on the cooked breakfast as I never had one, but the continetal breakfast was terrible, the food was out on a table with no cooler round it, so the cheese, ham & fruit would have been out since 7am when breakfast started, the only thing that was cooled by ice was the yoghurts, even the milk for the cereal wasnt cooled and was room temperature, and so were the juices.

Overall if you are staying at the Dalmeny do not eat there.

Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank kellyjames7
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2010

As a solo traveller this is a perfect night stay, after a long day on the road I found this hotel doing a quick search on Google, and I had such a relaxing evening, lovely drink in the large gardens, then down to the restaurant for a meal which was good, the room was spacious a nice large flat screen tv, large bath room, clean sheets, towels - Excellent staff, very polite and very reasonably priced!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank JBrown17York
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2010

We paid £125 for a small double room overlooking the kitchens and outbuildings, with noise coming from refrigeration units outside all night. One of the windows wouldn't stay open and the shower was a trickle. The continental buffet comprised a plate of sliced ham and a bowl of grated cheese. The gardens are beautiful. We got a special wedding guest rate - I would have hated to pay the rack rate of £175.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aberdeen2010
St Neots, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2010

I needed a hotel for one night whilst on a business trip to Glasgow and got a double room at the Dalmeny Park for £59 b&b via Laterooms.

What a pleasant surprise! My room was nice and large with a huge four-poster bed (Room 105), flat screen tv, complimentary bowl of fruit together with mineral water and the usual tea & coffee making facilities. Free wi-fi was a very welcome bonus. The room overlooks the gardens surrounding the hotel and the only noise was that of the local birdlife. I slept very well.

The bathroom was plenty big enough and certainly clean. If I have one minor niggle it is the lack of a decent shower in the bathroom.

I had dinner in the restaurant, a lovely fresh shellfish cocktail followed by an excellent fillet steak.

Breakfast was plentiful and the service was as fast as could be desired. All of the staff were pleasant and efficient.

At £59 this hotel is an absolute bargain and I'd hope to use it again. I'd baulk at paying the full rate which appeared to be £255 for my room!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Timelord1212
Glasgow
Reviewed 17 March 2010

My fiancee and I booked two nights at Dalmeny and after reading a few reviews on here we were a bit worried about what to expect. However, after the trip I have nothing but good words for the place, staff and overall experience.
The grounds are absolutely stunning, even in a damp March, and it is easy to see why this place is popular for weddings. The food was thoroughly enjoyable if a little expensive, the room was very romantic and although a little worn in places it only added to the charm and character of this wonderful mini-castle building! The area is perhaps not the most desirable but I have seen a lot worse and Glasgow city centre is only 20mins away. In any case, the magnificent grounds make you instantly forget where you are.
The staff were excellent - very personal, accomodating and attentive and overall the stay was well worth the money.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone considering it, its a hidden gem and I honestly can't understand the negative reviews.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank maci7807
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barrhead
Parklands Hotel & Country Club
Burnhouse Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Burnhouse
Lynnhurst Hotel
#1 of 1 in Johnstone

Been to Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!