Open today: 10:00 - 16:00

28HelenK2018
Deer Park, New York
Birthday cruise on Priscilla

timothycM4975AH

All reviews great south bay oysters snapper inn long island worth a visit walk around volunteer crew maritime museum hour sail sloop priscilla vessel boats history sails captain shore
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We a wonderful experience on the Priscilla. We had to reschedule several times because of bad weather but Mary was always so accommodating and pleasant to deal with. The crew on the Priscilla were very knowledgeable and made the trip that much more enjoyable. I'm not really a water loving person but this trip was great. I plan on getting a trip on the Priscilla as a gift for my son and daughter in law. Well worth the trip.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We took my father on Priscilla for his 86th birthday and had a great day. Three generations all got a chance to sit at the helm and experience the bay at best!

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Sailing on the Priscilla was an incredible trip. I've lived on the south shore for many years and didn't know you could take a sail on the beautiful Priscilla. It sails out os Oakdale into The Great South Bay and is a wonderful way to spend the afternoon. Hands on if you like to sail!The captain and volunteer crew were amazing, learned a lot about the south shore history including The Bourne Mansion!You're not going to want to missit!

Reviewed 19 September 2018

The 2 hour trip was great. My wife and I had a great time sitting back and enjoying the trip. I volunteered to assist in raising the sails and spend time playing captain. The crew was fun, and Captain Bob was the best.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

We took advantage of the 2-hour public sail on PRISCILLA, the historic NY Oyster Sloop. The weather was beautiful, the crew was great, and the captain was knowledgable about the history of the 130 year old boat and the local oyster fishery.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

I book a dine & sail at the Snapper Inn & sail on the historical national landmarked oyster sloop Pricilla every year for my birthday. It is always different weather with interesting people & always a wonderful time. They encourage you to take the wheel & sail the ship once you are out in the Great South Bay when the motor goes off & the sails are heaved-ho up. It is indeed a thrilling, memorable time you won't soon forget. Besides giving you a tour of the great South Bay & educating you on the local area including Fire Island, they will give you a history lesson on this fantastic, ancient sailing vessel & all of its transformations. All the crew are volunteers that love the ship & it shows. You will learn how important oysters were to our area & Manhattan. This beautiful oyster sloop worked year round hauling in oysters, you won't have to work hard to enjoy the wind in your hair or the smile on your face as you watch the crew work around you. Sit back & enjoy the ride!

Reviewed 20 August 2018

The main building has a few exhibits and some pictures. There is what I guess you could call a boat house that houses a decent amount of smaller vessels. There are some story boards to see the history of some of the boats. There was a good deal of construction going on which took away from the experience.

1  Thank DesertCreatures
Reviewed 19 August 2018

For our 60th wedding anniversary, my wife and I wanted to sail on the Oyster Sloop Priscilla once again. It was a beautiful late afternoon, with plenty of wind. We spent 2 hours sailing around the Great South Bay. The Captain and the all volunteer crew were wonderful. We will, for sure do this sail again, in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

My two cousins and I enjoyed an excellent lunch with good service and delicious food at the Snapper Inn followed by and exciting sail on the Priscilla. It was a windy day and perfect for a brisk sail. The crew was friendly, informative and helpful. They shared their knowledge of the vessel, the history, and the shoreline and exhibited tremendous expertise in handling the sailboat. An enjoyable day that I would definitely recommend.

As far as the Museum itself, there was no time today, but I had been there on an earlier visit in the spring and as a scuba diver and lifetime Long Island resident I thoroughly enjoyed the shipwreck exhibit on local shipwreck history with fascinating recovered artfacts on display. The interactive part of the LI Island Map exhiibit was also quite interesting. Visiting the museum and the sailing are both wonderful things to do with appropriately aged children.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

My husband chose the perfect evening for a birthday cruise on the Priscilla. The staff is very knowledgeable and really interact with each guest on the boat.
Thank you for a memorable evening.