“Cut backs!”

Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in West Seneca
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here many times.
After the first few years and having our room changed without notification on one visit we stayed at a different staybridge.
We decided this year to give it another go for a weekend away from our business.
We were disappointed to say the least.
NO HOUSKEEPING!!!
Not even to see if we needed towels or toiletries.
The most we saw of houskeeping was a laundry cart, empty of course.
My wife and I got the feeling the property was on the verge of closing.
OR
Trying not to close.
I have to say the one girl we dealt with was very accomodating when we had to get a new remote for one of TV's. and towels / toilet paper.
What gets me is we paid full price for a room without houskeeping service as a person arriving to a room that has been serviced. No discount offered for lack of service.
I believe in second chances and this property didn't deliver once again!
I would give this staybridge a 1* only because we got the room we booked.!

• Stayed: June 2013
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Thank you for staying at the Staybridge Suites Buffalo South and providing us with such valuable feedback.

Clearly we have a training opportunity with our Guest Service staff as they did not relay to you how a Staybridge Suites operates. We are not a hotel in the traditional sense. As an extended stay hotel 81% of our guests last year stayed seven nights or longer. Staybridge Suites brand- wide do not do housekeeping service on weekends unless it is specifically requested by our guests. In that case, we do what is considered a "Light Touch" which includes replacement of towels and removal of trash. The housekeeping cart you saw was likely for someone that requested the light touch service which unless requested is normally only done Monday-Friday. I am sorry that this was not explained to you at check-in by our Front Office team member. I assure you that our brand-wide procedures are for the convenience of the majority of our guests that are staying on an extended stay basis and do not wish to be bothered on the weekends. As mentioned for any of our guests that do request service, we do accommodate those requests. We are certainly not cutting back and our hotel is one of the busiest extended stay hotels in Western New York.

Again, I apologize and we will take measures to make sure that our team is informing our guests that are staying for on the weekend how are cleaning procedures work at Staybridge Suites.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stay at the Staybridge every time I come to Buffalo (if they aren't sold out). The price is great, the staff is above and beyond great, the free soda is awesome, the free meals with beer and wine on Tues-Thurs nights is amazing, and the free laundry is a great bonus. My son loves the pool area and it's usually very quiet with not very many guests in it. It's always super disappointing when I travel to Buffalo and can't get a room at the Staybridge.

Room Tip: Check their website for room layout. The couches are pull outs as well!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank HornIT_Ames
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Thank you for such nice comments regarding our Staybridge Suites Buffalo South.

We appreciate your continued confidence and I encourage you to make your next reservation upon departure (If you know your travel dates) as we do fill up fast with many guests staying one week, one month and we even have one guest that has been with us well over one year!

Thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 17 May 2013

We had a group doing extended work in the area and we stayed at this location. The hotel was very acomodating and went above and beyond to enhance our folks experience during their stay. Its clean, food is good, staff is friendly, what else can I say. If we had to do it all over again - this is where we would reserve.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Staybridge Suites Buffalo South. I sincerely appreciate your business and taking the time to share your experience on the World's Largest Travel Review Site, Tripadvisor.

The best compliment to receive is the endorsement of our guests. I will be sure to share your review with our entire team.

I hope to see you on your next visit.

Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed 7 May 2013

My wife and I had been trying to get away for even one night. We finally we able to plan it and wound up at Staybridge Suites in West Seneca. I had emailed the manager of the hotel the morning of our arrival to ask if they could get a dozen roses for me in the room just to surprise my wife. And I have to tell you that the staff here was truly amazing they even had 2 cupcakes for us (my wife ate both, but that's ok)! The room, hotel grounds were neat and clean, and the staff was professional, friendly, fun, and actually enjoyed what they were doing (an emotion you dont see much of any more).
I want to thank Kevin for all he and his staff did to make our stay one of the best in quite some time.
Thank you!
A. Keegan, Cicero, NY

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Andrew,

Thank you for sharing such kind words regarding your stay at the Staybridge Suites Buffalo South.

I am glad that we were able to be part of such a special occasion.

Thanks again and we hope to see you on your next visit to Buffalo.

Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed 26 April 2013

We were planning a vacation to Niagara Falls. I found a deal online and boy was I sceptical. For less than $150 a night, I found accomodations for a family of 6 that were absolutely spectacular. The two bedroom suite was large and comfortable, complete with all of the amenities that one could ask for. The staff was helpful and friendly from the moment we walked in the door. We were less than 30 minutes from Niagara Falls and it was so easy to travel to the areas we wanted to visit in Canada via Buffalo. The facility was clean and quiet. It was my first visit with Staybridge and I would recommend them over and over again.

Room Tip: Even though the facility is close to the freeway, I never heard any road noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

Thank you for staying at Staybridge Suites Buffalo South and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We value your opinion and appreciate the compliments regarding our quality, service and value. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team.

Thanks again and I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Stayed @ Candlewood Suites last night in W.Sececa NY. NEVER again!
A pipe burst and water was shut off. OK it happens. Staff did NOTHING to inform guests. When I asked why the front desk got belligerent. NOT OK. Then hard nerve to charge full price for room.
EPIC FAIL. Tuning in Priorty Club card and going to Marriott..... You should too

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JerzzzyJim
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

I sincerely apologize for the main water pipe that we had break at 6am on April 25. In addition we are reviewing how we could have better communicated the issue to our guests so that they could have made alternate plans for showering etc.

We did make arrangements for you and all of our guests to walk across the parking lot and use a room at a neighboring hotel for no charge. The problem was that we did not offer that option until guests called down to the front desk to make us aware that they needed water. We certainly did not want to call all of our guests at 6am to tell them that we didnt have water, as not everyone may have needed to be awakened. Regardless, if the situation were to occurr in the future we now have a communication process in place that will alert our guests to the issue without disturbing them at hours that is not convenient.

Again, I apologize for the problem, our response to the problem and the lack of hospitality that you feel we displayed. I have reviewed the situation with our team and we have taken corrective action.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Well booked a 2 bdr suite for one night last week. Check in went smooth upon entering our room I always check the room out for cleanliness. In the room with the one king bed in between the nightstand and bed was clearly visible that someone spilled something it was all over the bed skirt and on the floor. Did not even look like it had been attempted to be clean. Did not want to stay in that room so the front desk did apologize and offered another 2 bdr suite to us everything seem to be clean in this room that was until I was just about to get into the bed to sleep noticed there was a bug crawling on the sheet called my husband in from the living area and he confirmed it was a bed bug I was totally disgusted and had to pack up my 4 kids around 1am and leave the hotel and cut our family getaway short do to in clean conditions at this hotel.the next day was spent at the laundromat cleaning and disposing of clothes that the kids were wearing that day. For such a newer hotel was expecting a very clean atmosphere for me and my children. Will never stay again

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Luckygirl22
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

I want to extend our apologies on behalf of myself and our team. There is no excuse for the experience that you had while staying with us and I accept full responsibility.

We took immediate corrective action and we can only attempt to make up for our shortcomings by learning from them. I apologize that we ruined your weekend getaway.
I am proud of our hotel and our dedicated team and this happens to be a time that I am embarrassed as is the rest of our team.

The experience you had is not indicative of the thousands of people that have stayed with us but our goal is to satisfy every guest every time.

Again, my sincerest apologies and we do hope that you will reconsider and stay with us again as our guest.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Seneca
3 mi away
Best Western Plus The Inn of Lackawanna
Holiday Inn Express Suites Hamburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Airport

Been to Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca? Share your experiences!