“Nice, inexpensive place for extended stays”

Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in West Seneca
Buffalo NY
“Nice, inexpensive place for extended stays”
Reviewed 30 December 2009

I stayed here for about a month. It is better than I had expected - the rooms are really very livable. Beds are comfortable, AC/Heat works very well.

I did not eat the dinners - food quality seems just OK. Breakfast was passable.

I will stay there again in a heartbeat though. Front desk team was very nice and helpful. Great highway access.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager at Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca, responded to this review, 1 January 2010
Thank you for posting on TripAdvisor.

Its always nice to know that we have delivered on our promise to keep our guests 100% satisfied.

I will be certain to share your post with all of the members of our team.

Again, Thank You and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Yours In Hospitality,
Kevin Verrall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Boston
Reviewed 14 December 2009

I stayed here with my extended family while we attended a funeral in Buffalo. We had a very bad customer service experience. We had booked one room with a King and two double beds with an adjoining suite. We wanted this larger room to host extended family in between the wake and mass that weekend. When we arrived we were told we had two rooms each with two double beds. We told the front desk that this is not what we booked, but they told us this is all they had. They said that they are an extended stay hotel and sometimes their guests stay longer than anticipated and that someone was staying in the room we booked and that they couldn't kick them out. What a way to run a hotel! I guess this means that they can never guarantee the rooms that you actually book. After about 20 minutes at the front desk, we realized that we were going to be late for the wake, so we asked for keys to one of the rooms with the two double beds so that we could get dressed. They gave us the keys and as soon as we entered the room we realized that there was only one bed in the room, so we had to go back to the front desk. The woman asked us if we were sure there was only one bed. Seriously? Yes, we're sure. About 30 minutes later we were in two separate rooms, one with a king size bed and one with two double beds. Not the end of the world, but not what we booked.

The worst part of our stay happened in the middle of the night when three women entered our room in the middle of the night with keys they had been given by the front desk. Needless to say all parties were terrified as the women found two of us sleeping in the room that they were just given keys to. We all had to go to the front desk in the middle of the night to sort out the mess. What a disaster. We were told by the woman at the front desk that she would discount our trip because of our trouble, but in the end we were not compensated at all.

Huge disappointment. The rooms themselves are nice, but the hotel is clearly disorganized and has a lot to learn in terms of customer service.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager at Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca, responded to this review, 19 December 2009
Thank you for posting on TripAdvisor.

I apologize that your experience while staying with us was not the up to your expectations and certainly not mine or any member of our team.

I encourage you to contact me directly at the hotel or on my cell phone at 716-553-7556 so that I can apologize personally and hopefully make amends that will restore your trust in our hotel.

Regards,
Kevin
Florida
Reviewed 5 November 2009

I am staying here long term and find the management to be very cheep. Most hotels furnish soap and shampoo everyday if needed. This hotel does not unless you beg. My furnace quit working and was not fixed when promised. They did let me move to a similar room. Both rooms ice maker did not work on the refrigerator and had to be fixed. Also evening meal is served 3 nights a week. It could be so much better with just a little effort. Mostly the food has been fair to poor at best. Many long time customers are fed up and may be moving out due to hotel being so cheep with little things. If we are served that crap beef stew one more time they may have a vacant hotel. Rooms are nice and beds are comfortable. LED TV's are very nice.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager at Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca, responded to this review, 6 February 2010
Thank you for posting on TripAdvisor.

I apologize that we didn't meet your expectations at the Staybridge Suites Buffalo South.

After reviewing your comments with our team we agreed with your observations and immediately took corrective action on all items.

In closing I want to once extend my apologies as well my gratitude. Thanks to you, we are now delivering a guest experience we can all be proud of.

Kevin Verrall
Toronto
Reviewed 4 September 2009

Stayed at the Staybridge beginning of August to attend the DCI show.

Location of the hotel is a bit stranded. However, you can see it right off the highway which is a plus. It was conveniently located in between the Ralph Wilson stadium and Galleria mall (the 2 places which we wanted/needed to go to). However, there wasn't very many places to eat in the nearby area. Luckily, they had a delicious breakfast.

We arrived at the hotel at 3 (check-in time). However, apparently the hotel was full the night before, therefore none of the rooms had been cleaned. We had originally reserved a one bedroom suite (which is the same price as a studio??). We decided to go out and look for food since we were starving... they recommended a place, but we couldn't find it. So we ended up in some scary KFC where all the food was burnt! Gross =P
We ended up bringing it back about 1/2 hour later so that we could eat in our room (thinking our room would be ready by then...). By 4, our room still wasn't ready! The hostess that was helping us had to go around to find the cleaning team to see which rooms were available. After about 15 minutes of walking around, she finally upgraded us into a 2 bedroom suite. Luckily, we had friends meeting us there as well. So I guess it all worked out in the end.

We got upstairs and the place was really beautiful. The bedsheets were nice. I wish I could live there =).

We were comparing it to the Staybridge in Pennsylvania where the decor was sort of out of date.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
Comfort Inn Cheektowaga
#10 of 22 in Cheektowaga
Home2 Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport/Galleria Mall
Holiday Inn Express Suites Hamburg

Been to Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca? Share your experiences!