“Home away from home”

Hampton Inn Buffalo South/I-90
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in West Seneca
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I recently spent over a week at the Hampton in West Seneca. It's close to my mom's house, so it's perfectly convenient for me when I visit and also provides a much needed escape from family! At first I was apprehensive about the proximity to I-90, but the rooms are completely sound proof- you hear nothing!!! It's very quiet and peaceful. The rooms are perfectly spacious with really good lighting options. The beds are fantastic!!! The bathrooms are very spacious with nice and tall showers!!! So many hotel showers seem designed for short people, but the showers here are super tall with great water pressure (in fact, I am now disappointed in my home shower!).
The front desk and housekeeping staff are so nice and friendly. They do everything they can to make every guest feel welcome and at home. The breakfast is always nice, and I was delighted to find afternoon treats!!! Sometimes, it's nice just to hang out in the lobby on the couches and really have a home feel.
I VERY HIGHLY recommend this Hampton Inn. It's a great convenient location, spacious comfortable rooms and a great staff!
Thank you!
Jennifer C.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Hampton Inn Buffalo South/I-90, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Buffalo South and posting your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted that your stay exceeded your expectations and it is always nice to hear such compliments about our hotel and team.

Again, thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Convenient location (just off I-90 exit 55, can easily get on 219 if you don't want to take the toll road), friendly service, good breakfast (we stayed two nights, and the hot breakfast offered were different) , good sized room, clean, water pressure slightly on the weak side if you are on the top floor.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We did some shopping in the Buffalo area on our way to a conference in Akron, OH. There is a closer Hampton Inn next to the Buffalo Galleria Mall. But we wanted to be close to the I-90 for the next days drive to Akron.

The staff were very pleasant and they quickly got us checked in to our room. The rooms seem over sized compared to other rooms we stayed in over the past few months. The room had a microwave and fridge in this particular unit. The beds are my first checkpoint and they met the grade for comfort. It was quiet in the room for sleeping, despite quite a few guests.

The breakfast had a good selection and the seating area was better than most. Lots of people there for breakfast but it didn't seem crowded. A good stay overall.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert C
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Hampton Inn Buffalo South/I-90, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Thank you for staying with us recently at the Hampton Inn Buffalo South and posting your experience on TripAdvisor.

We strive everyday to adhere to the bedrock of our Hampton Brand Promise and it always nice to hear that we have once again exceeded our own strict standards for quality and service.

I hope to see you on your next visit. Again Thank you.

Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed 17 November 2011

I stayed at this Hampton Inn for two nights while traveling on business in November 2011.

The good: front desk and housekeeping staff is very welcoming and friendly. Fresh fruit was constantly available in the lobby, and the complimentary breakfast and evening snacks were a nice touch. I also appreciated the complimentary bottled water in the fitness center (more on the fitness center later). Room was reasonably but not spotlessly clean, and the bed was comfortable enough. I liked that there were cards on the beds indicating that the duvets are freshly washed for each guest. The free wireless internet worked well and was fast.

The not-so-good: this hotel is right off the highway and feels really isolated. As a solo traveler, I would have preferred to have been in a more populated area, and I felt a little confined when I was in the hotel, as going outside for a walk or a quick run was not really an option given the location. The parking lot was dark, which made me a little uneasy when I came in at night. There was no desk or adequate work space in the room. Although there was one very small table on which I could have set up my laptop (although not very comfortably), there was no light bulb in the fixture by the table, so it was too dark to work. Fitness center was very small (two ellipticals, two treadmills, and one stationary bike crammed in a tiny room) and had one communal TV set, which means that everyone in the fitness center is stuck watching whatever show the first person to get there put on.

Conclusion: not the best Hampton Inn I've stayed in. Its close proximity to the expressway would make it a good option for travelers who are just looking for a clean, comfortable place to spend the night, but I did not find it to be very well-suited to business travel. Although I felt there were some shortcomings, the friendliness of the staff definitely made up for some of them.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Hampton Inn Buffalo South/I-90, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2011

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Buffalo South and posting your experience on TripAdvisor.

I appreciate your kind comments regarding our team and look forward to addressing our shortcomings. I am also pleased to announce that we are on the front side of anticipated development to include shopping and restaurants nearby. We also have one of Buffalo's most beautiful and largest parks which is ideal for jogging just down the street. We would be happy to assist with directions if desired.

Again, Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed 12 September 2011

We checked in late afternoon after dropping our son at the buffalo airport. It is very close to the Mulberry Cafe (lackawanna) restaurant so we were delighted to go back to visit the restaurant without having to drive back to Toronto. The only room available was accessible which was really large and spacious. It had a seperate bedroom with two doors to the bathroom. We sat on the bed and it was like sitting on cotton balls. We both burst out laughing and called the desk to request another room. We were told none were available. We moved to the brand new Courtyard across the street from the airport with a bed like heaven. We have stayed at countless Hamptons/ Homewood suites, and Hiltons. We have never encountered a bed like this one.
Would I come back? ....NO

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Stopped here on my way home and probably the first time I had not had time to read Tripadvisor reviews. Saw it from the highway and just pulled off. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Price was more than I wanted to pay but the front desk girl was so friendly and the lobby was so inviting I figured it would be worth it. We had been driving for 10 hours. She asked my preferences for room location and actually seemed to care. There were cookies and water in the lobby which my son appreciated.

I later found out that many hotels in the area were sold out so I am glad we stayed.

Room was clean and comfortable. I like hotels that have the washable duvets.

Breakfast was great and included waffles, sausages, omelets, french toast, toast, bagels, cereal, fruit, boiled eggs, yogurt. Plenty of seating and easy to get to food and coffee.

Free wifi was stable.

Pool and Fitness areas looked clean.

Great hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed here for a friend's wedding and had a wonderful time. The hotel was clean, the staff were friendly, the lobby and outdoor patio were excellent places to mingle with our friends and family, the breakfast was great for a hotel breakfast. We had the room by the ice maker and the back door, so we expected to be woken up at night, but we were never disturbed by it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Comfort Inn Cheektowaga
Comfort Inn Cheektowaga
#10 of 22 in Cheektowaga
Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Buffalo South/I-90? Share your experiences!