“Four nights, great stay!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in West Seneca
Chester, Virginia
“Four nights, great stay!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed four nights after Christmas while visiting family in the area. We chose this hotel because it gave us the space and floor plan that would accommodate my husband and I , plus our 2 older teenagers...the suite had 2 queen beds, and a separate living area with a full size pull out sofa. That gave each kid their own bed, and provided my college age son with a little space of his own. That is essential if you are spending more than a night or two!! Everything was clean and comfortable, the staff was sincerely friendly and helpful. Any time we had a request it was met promptly and politely. The breakfast area was big and the selection was satisfying, cute lobby, too. This was our first stay at a Country Inn and Suites, and I will not hesitate to check out the chain when staying elsewhere. We will def stay here again! Also, saved quite a bit by booking early!

Room Tip: We were in rm 415, the floodlight from the front of the hotel shined right in our room!!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for staying at the Buffalo South Country Inn and Suites and sharing your Five (5) Star experience on TripAdvisor. The biggest compliment that we can receive is the public endorsement of our guests.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the extra space afforded by our suites.

I do hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you on your next visit to Buffalo.

Vice President & General Manager-Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Halton Hills, Canada
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We were looking for a nice comfortable, affordable hotel for one night and that is what we got.
Everything was new, very nice and the staff were very friendly.
It is right off I90 so it is easy to go anywhere.
We upgraded for very little to a suite and it was perfect for us.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the suite!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

It is always nice to hear compliments from our guests and I am glad to hear that you were able to upgrade to one of our suites. Our spacious suites are ideal when staying for business or pleasure. In addition our indoor pool, hot tub, fitness center, free hot breakfast, Wi-Fi and outside recreation patio make our Country Inn and Suites the best value in Western New York.

Again, thank you for your complimentary review, I will be sure to share it with our entire team.

Best Regards,

New York City
Reviewed 7 February 2014

En route east or west on I-90, if West Senaca (Buffalo basically) is situated conveniently for your timetable and travel schedule, absolutely do book this place. Even drive farther (or less far) if it is only 15 or 20 minutes one way or the other to stay here.

Also, do upgrade! The long-term stay rooms are spacious and liveable (full size refrigerator, large living room/dining room, large bedroom, large bathroom). The business upgrade is just as good, and you can probably get it for a very low/decent additional price.

There is a Wegman's grocery store very close by. It is as good or better than a Whole Foods or Trader Joes, and sells lots and lots of meals. So you can go there and buy dinners of all sorts, and heat them up on your microwavein the room. You'll save lots vs. dining out, and the food will be 2,500x better.

This motel is a keeper. Cozy lounge opposite the reception area. Breakfast food options are nothing to crow about, but they are acceptable enough, and the dining area is fine, too.

You won't be disappointed, I don't think. Good staff. Mine was named Megan (I believe). She checked us in late on a Sunday night, and was very good with help and upgrades and so on. Place felt as relax and at "home" as you could expect for a nowhere night's stay.

P.S. Good if you don't have to depart during Buffalo rush hour, because otherwise you might have to battle somewhat with early morning commuter traffic on the way out.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fifth (top) floor, which was quiet. Some road noise, but nothing at all to complai...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South and sharing your Five (5) Star TripAdvisor experience. In addition your feedback is very important to us as we are always trying to enhance the guest experience.

Our I-90 location is ideal for shopping, sporting events, concerts and theatre performances. We are minutes from Walden Galleria Mall, Boulevard Mall, McKinley Mall, Target, Walmart and minutes from downtown Buffalo.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

NY State
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We spent one night here while attending a wedding. The staff was extremely friendly at check in and they upgraded our room to a King suite because of our Carlson membership. The suite was fantastic: a front room with a pull out sofa and upholstered chair, a desk with 2 chairs, and a counter area with a microwave, small fridge, coffee maker, and small cabinet. There also was a closet. The separate bedroom had an extremely comfortable king bed and this room also had a small closet. We requested a feather free room due to allergies and the room was ready for us when we checked in mid-afternoon, with a hand written note on the bed indicating that there were additional synthetic pillows in the closet and they hoped we enjoy our stay. The linens were perfect-fresh and no allergy issues! I have to say that the room and hotel have an upscale feel: we loved the black and white photos of Buffalo in the room and the lobby. The bathroom in the king suite was very nice; if the towels were fluffier I would have thought we were staying at a higher rated hotel.

There were a couple of things that were just so-so: My husband used the work out room and said it was adequate, although it could use some mats for stretching out-he had to stretch on the hard floor. There is a breakfast on premises, with some hot items, but the choices were uninspiring. However, the coffee was delicious. And in heating/cooling system that was in a locked closet in the bedroom was noisy. Glad I brought earplugs.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South and providing the traveling public with your TripAdvisor review.

The best compliment we can receive is the endorsement of our guests and you clearly provided that. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team.

Thanks Again,

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed here 2 nights visiting relatives. Great pool, the kids loved it! The whole building was immaculate. The highlight, though, was breakfast: not just the usual muffins and juice, but a really nice spread. I think the Inn lost money on us (our kids are teenagers). Speaking of money, the rates are very low. In the past we have paid twice as much for half the quality.
Very highly recommended!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for staying at the Buffalo South Country Inn and Suites and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. The biggest compliment that we can receive is the public endorsement of our guests.

I am glad that you found it convenient to enjoy our saltwater pool and spa. In addition we are very proud of our breakfast and the compliments we receive from our guests, I am glad you enjoyed it.

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

I have visited this hotel three times since Christmas. It has become a holiday tradition and my "go to" hotel for the Buffalo/Niagara region. The staff are always pleasant, facilities welcoming, and rooms spotless.

Don't forget to use the library in the lobby!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying at the Buffalo South Country Inn and Suites and sharing your FIVE (5) STAR experience on TripAdvisor. The biggest compliment that we can receive is the public endorsement of our guests.

I am especially glad to hear that you enjoyed using our library.

Rome, Georgia
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Our hotel stay was wonderful. We stayed one night with our daughters hockey team. The day staff and was very very friendly and helpful. Our rooms were very nice, If I had to find something wrong with the room it would be that there is no darkening shade so the light from the streetlight can be annoying. The pool was open late which is a huge plus. The breakfast was about average, more selections then most places. The girls loved the waffle makers. Fresh cookies and coffee were available at the front desk which was great. The only complaint we had was the night person working the desk. He was less then friendly, and did not treat us like we were guest. It was more like we were a bother. That would be the only reason I wouldn't rate this place a 5.. I

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, 26 January 2014

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and I assure you that I will share your comments with our entire team.

Again, thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Yours In Hospitality,

Best Western Plus The Inn of Lackawanna
Comfort Inn Cheektowaga
Comfort Inn Cheektowaga
#10 of 22 in Cheektowaga

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90? Share your experiences!