“No Complaints Here!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in West Seneca
Pickering, Canada
“No Complaints Here!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My family and I attended my son's basketball tournament on the weekend of April 4-6. Our coach pre-selected this hotel and we are so glad he did! Upon arrival, there was a plate of freshly baked Chocolate chip cookies which our three teens gladly helped themselves to. The front desk staff were very pleasant and we were really quite pleased when we entered our 1 bedroom suite. It was very spacious. The room had a sitting room with desk upon entering, a little kitchenette area, a large bathroom with a pretty decent shower head and a separate bedroom with two queen size beds. This was fantastic because each area also had a TV and we were able to give my son his own space when it was time for him to sleep and we were still able to stay up without bothering him. The hotel had a great complimentary breakfast with eggs and waffles and an excellent selection of breads, fresh fruit, yogurt, hot and cold cereal along with hot and cold drinks. The dining room was very spacious and we were able to enjoy the space anytime during the day or night. We ended up watching an NCAA game in this room one night. The hotel is located just off the highway and across the street from a Wegman's which has a great selection of take out (or eat-in) food and is approx. 15 from The Walden Galleria Mall (excellent shopping)... another BIG plus!!!

Room Tip: If you want a little more space (and privacy as times), upgrade to a suite. It's worth it!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager- Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo and sharing your Five (5) Star experience on TripAdvisor.

It is nice to read that you enjoyed our freshly baked chocolate chip cookies upon arrival complimented by our friendly efficient service on our front desk. Our suites are ideal for families attending events such as the basketball tournament you attended. I am also glad that you were able to watch one of the NCCA games on our big screen in our multi-functional breakfast room.

Thanks again for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Best Wishes,

Vice President & General Manager-Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed in a suite with a living room and a bedroom with two queen beds. The suite was spacious and had two tv's a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker and a big bathroom. Having the bedroom made it quiet while you slept as the hotel had children staying who were a little loud. The suites here were comparable to the Staybridge Suites next door and at a much more affordable rate. The breakfast room was very large and said they offered hot entrees along with cold. We did not eat here but it seemed like a lot of people were taking advantage of the free breakfast. They have a much larger breakfast room than many other hotels do.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and upgrade to the suites they are worth the small increase in price over a stan...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

It is always nice to hear when our guests compliment the quality, cleanliness and design of our Country Inn. We went to great lengths in our design to make sure that all of our guests are comfortable enjoying our complimentary breakfast and it is nice of you to notice.

Thanks again for your nice comments and we hope you come back and stay with us again soon.

Yours In Hospitality,

Keswick, Canada
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My wife and I booked this hotel for a quick shopping trip to the Walden Galleria and a few other places. All the shopping was relatively close by. When we checked-in, there were fresh baked cookies at the desk. The staff was also very helpful with advice for places to eat. Because we were Club Carlson members, we received a free upgrade to a King Suite. It was very nice to have the extra room, even though it was just the two of us. The hotel is relatively new so everything is clean. Nice seating area and furniture. Very comfortable bed and pillows. The breakfast in the morning was better than most continental breakfasts. If you have the patience, you could make yourself up something tasty. I ended up with a toasted everything bagel, with egg, cheese, and bacon. Nice coffee too. There was some fruit, baked goods, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, and a few other choices. If you need anything, there is a K-Mart and Tops market right across the street. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Become a Club Carlson member for a free upgrade!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mikekris
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Thank you for your business and your kind review of the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South.

It is nice when our guests are 100% satisfied with our accommodations and service. The best advertising any business can receive is the confidence of their customers and we are grateful that you took the time to share your guest experience.

Our location is ideal for shopping at a variety of the "Big Box" stores such as Walmart, Target, and Best Buy. In addition we are located between the Walden Galleria Mall and the McKinley Mall.

Thanks Again,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed overnight during a business trip. Booked through hotwire and had little expectations (except that it had quite high reviews).

During check-in the girl at the front desk was delightful. She was very welcoming and helpful when it came to helping me find dinner choices etc. Overall genuinely happy and happiness is infectious!

The room was a fair size (king bed) and the washroom shower was HUGE!

I would definitely stay there again. I also think the 3 stars is a little low.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your Five (5) Star Review of the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South.

Your business and confidence to write such nice comments regarding our people and hotel is sincerely appreciated.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Best Regards,

Wellsboro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I recently stay in this hotel and let me tell you, by far the best experience I've had with any place I've stayed. Very friendly and helpful staff. The breakfast was great with more options than most places I've been, with a very big dining area for breakfast. Very clean rooms with comfortable beds. The pool and hot tub was very refreshing. Wish we would have stayed more than one night so I could have tried out the fitness room as that looked nice also.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for staying at the Buffalo South Country Inn and Suites and sharing your FIVE (5) STAR experience on TripAdvisor. The biggest compliment that we can receive is the public endorsement of our guests.

I am sorry to hear that you could not stay longer and experience our fitness center although hopefully next time you can.

We hope to see you on your next visit real soon.

Thank you for your comments.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 April 2014

A nice welcome from the front desk staff who were very helpful. Not very busy on a Monday/Tuesday night in late March and we appreciated an upgrade to a suite. Breakfast room was spacious and the food was what one would expect; fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, waffles, cold cereals, bread and buns. Room very clean and over night there was some noise from the trucks on the highway, but a good stay. Also within walking distant of Tops and K-Mart.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South.

I am glad that you found our hotel to be welcoming and a nice break from Toronto. Our location offers convenient access to I-90, the Peace Bridge into Canada and shopping malls including Walden Galleria and McKinley Mall.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again when escaping the City of Toronto.

Yours In Hospitality,

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel is an oasis in the Interstate desert; just off I-80 adjacent to the charming small town of W Seneca it is an ideal place for the midway east- or west- bound traveler. The hotel is fairly new with sizeable well appointed rooms and free WiFi. It has a good sized swimming pool and serves an excellent breakfast exceptional for this class of hotel (sausages were fabulous) . The staff could not have been more pleasant or accommodating and their restaurant recommendation was top notch. As transients we stayed only one night but would have pleasantly stayed a week.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank podge747
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South and sharing your Five (5) Star experience on TripAdvisor.

Your review is very kind and I will be sure to share your compliments with our entire team.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you on your next visit.

Best Regards,

Comfort Inn Cheektowaga
#10 of 22 in Cheektowaga
Best Western Plus The Inn of Lackawanna
Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90? Share your experiences!