“another visit and great experience again”
Review of The Harvest Diner

The Harvest Diner
Ranked #44 of 103 Restaurants in Westbury
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, American, Greek, Diner
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
New York City, New York
“another visit and great experience again”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

came here today (3/30) after a day well spent on North Fork doing wine tasting.
this time we were with our friends and a couple of teenage kids and a baby in a stroller - 8 people in total. very welcoming staff. everything was great. almost all of us had different dishes and all were quite happy with our choices. couldn't finish it all because portions are humongous so we had like 7 or 8 boxes to go home.
in total we had broiled salmon, shrimp scampi, heavenly moussaka and something else. I had lamb chops again and it was delicious.
by the way their specials for dinner include a beverage and a dessert for something like $2 more than a regular price.
I didn't like my Manhattan clam chowder (but it's probably my personal preference - I like New England calm chowder best of all), but wife had soup they call chicken tortillas or something and that was quite original and really tasty, would take it again.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank NYC_photography

Westbury, New York
“bad experience with the lamb chops”
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Me and my husband stopped by for dinner in December 2012. I was very happy to see lamb chop on the menu and most of all, it's available. Usually, they are not available at the other diners. When the food arrived, it smelled DIFFERENT but I thought it was just cooked. As the food was getting cold, I noticed the smell was changing and so was the taste. I gave my husband to taste and he agreed that the meat was spoiled. We were very unhappy, paid the bill and left. I was going away on vacation and could not write this review, but I never forget the EXTREMELY BAD EXPERIENCE.

• Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“great food, affordable, freindly”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

came here after visiting Old Westbury Gardens ad really enjoyed it. Staff is welcoming and attentive, HUGE selection of food, full bar. The only my regret is limited selection of beer, no ales at all, just 5 light beers...
My lamb chops were absolutely delicious, highly recommend. Brought half of them home. Monte Christo sandwich is quite interesting and really big, my wife made just 1/3 of it.
And they have something like 'budget lunch' options: my son chose grilled salmon with vegetables, salad, ice-cream and a beverage and all that was just $14! And it was really good.
Chili soup was average, as everywhere else though.
I had a couple of cocktails, nicely done.
All in all I wish it was closer to our home ;) so we would go there occasionally.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank NYC_photography
Bronx, New York
“I found a black short hair in my food-”
Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

I ordered a BLT which was served promptly, the bacon was perfectly cooked to my liking, the tomatoes and lettuce were fresh and it started out very delicious... Until I went to have the second half and discovered a short black hair on my plate?

When I told the waiter he grabbed my plate starring down at the hair as he hauled it away. (He was bald so I know that it wasn't his) He offered no apologies about the experience, took the charge of the sandwich off the bill and that was that. If your going out for breakfast here ask them to "hold the hair".

Staten Island, New York
“A Diner Like No Other”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

With little time to spare before a concert at Westbury, we decided to eat here. I can't remember the last time I ate at a diner since my diner experiences have not been very good. Well, this place surpassed all my expectations and we walked away very satisfied. The all inclusive dinners were inexpensive. The salads were fresh, salmon and tilapia deliciously flavored, shrimp & broccoli penne so good (no little shrimps here). Even the burgers were cooked perfectly -- not undercooked or overcooked, so juicy, too. Whatever you do, don't miss out on their rice pudding! We all made room for this dessert, yum!!!!

• Visited September 2012