“False Expectations”
Review of Benny's

Benny's
Reserve with OpenTable
Benny's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 103 Restaurants in Westbury
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Maple Ave.
Transit: Long Island railroad one block south of restaurant.
Reviewed 8 December 2013

After reading all the reviews and hearing all the good news, they made it sound like this place was the best thing since the invention of the wheel. They did what they were supposed to do. The waiters had no personality and the service was average. The interior needed updating, it looked like something out or the '70's.
I went there in December and it wasn't decorated nicely for Christmas. Unless you are a regular, you don't get any preferential treatment. The food was good, no better than other Italian Restaurants I've been to. I've been other Italian eateries where the service and food is better. In conclusion, Benny's Restaurant is good if you have nothing to compare it to.

2  Thank Davey H
There are newer reviews for Benny's

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Old regime Italian but a bit more upscale. Convivial Benny makes the rounds and my friends who spoke Italian with him enjoyed the banter. After the meal his daughter gives complimentary Limoncello her and her brother make. Very nice touch; homey. I had a sicilian pasta prepared with anchovies that I, as an Italian, never tasted because I am not from Sicily. I asked my dining companion how it was because she has had it many times, makes it, and is from Sicily. She thought it was very good. Bravo Benny! My other friend and I had a veal chop which was very tender. We LOVE fresh prepared zabaglione and my wife makes the best, so here is where our dining experience faltered. No sugar was used, an essential ingredient. To make mine palatable I had to add two teaspoons. A bit hectic on a Saturday night, I would go again.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I hadn't been back to Benny's in awhile and now I know what I've been missing. We decided to go during Long Island restaurant week and ordered from the prix fixe menu at the waiter's suggestion. The choices were all very good. We ordered eggplant Benny as an appetizer which was very good with a piece of eggplant wrapped around cappellini pasta and ricotta cheese. I then had the pasta bolognese which was very good. All 4 of us raved about the food. The service has always been and still is top shelf.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

For fine food and fine service this place is hard to beat. It primarily Italian cuisine. They are very customer focused, and the quality of the food is superb.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

My wife and I were in town for a concert. We found Bennys on TripAdvisor and enjoyed the experience. Benny was on duty and worked the Dining Room stopping at all the tables. There seemed to be many "regulars" there. The service was very good. They used a front / back waiter system and it worked well. There was one server who could have used a good cleaning of his uniform as it was soiled and when he poured our bottle of wine he used his hand to wipe the drip from the bottle, they did have nice cotton napkins? The food was served hot and was prepared nicely. They were closing for two weeks so were out of Carpaccio , which we were looking forward to and Mussels were also out. We had a Cannoli for dessert and it was average. Next time I would have had the fresh strawberries with Sabayon made in the dining room however not table side??? The service would have rated 5 star but for the server with a soiled uniform and wiping drips from my $70 bottle of wine with his hand.