“Excellent”
Review of Benny's

Benny's
Reserve with OpenTable
Benny's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 104 Restaurants in Westbury
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Maple Ave.
Transit: Long Island railroad one block south of restaurant.
Reviewed 26 January 2014

First time visit to Benny's. Four of us before a comedy show at Govenor's. Nice bar area as soon as you go in for a drink before dining. Seating area was comfortable and elegent.

I have the veal chop as my entrée which was outstanding. One of those dishes that you want to savour as you devour it. Three others in my group felt same way as I did. Others had the scallops over risotto and the salmon.

The owner, Benny, walks around the dining area greeting diners and thanked us for visiting his establishment. Nicely done without being intrusive. You definitely see his presence in the dining area. Elderly gentleman.

Highly recommended and thoroughly enjoyable experience.

1  Thank On Edge R

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Wonderful, wonderful italian restaurant, with old-world classy service and atmosphere. Food is exquisite and arrived piping hot. I wish there were more restaurants of this caliber still around.

1  Thank Neil B
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Benny's is a well established restaurant with a loyal following on Post Ave. The menu is ever changing with seasonal specialties that delight the palate. We really appreciate the old world feel with waiters that serve you wearing tuxedos and Benny always stopping by to chat and ensure that all is well with your meal. The ingredients are always fresh and the presentation is always impressive. It has become a tradition in our home to visit Benny's for every special occasion including our traditional Christmas Eve dinner as well as birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Give it a try and see for yourself. You will not be disappointed.

2  Thank Cathy B
Reviewed 8 December 2013

After reading all the reviews and hearing all the good news, they made it sound like this place was the best thing since the invention of the wheel. They did what they were supposed to do. The waiters had no personality and the service was average. The interior needed updating, it looked like something out or the '70's.
I went there in December and it wasn't decorated nicely for Christmas. Unless you are a regular, you don't get any preferential treatment. The food was good, no better than other Italian Restaurants I've been to. I've been other Italian eateries where the service and food is better. In conclusion, Benny's Restaurant is good if you have nothing to compare it to.

2  Thank Davey H
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Old regime Italian but a bit more upscale. Convivial Benny makes the rounds and my friends who spoke Italian with him enjoyed the banter. After the meal his daughter gives complimentary Limoncello her and her brother make. Very nice touch; homey. I had a sicilian pasta prepared with anchovies that I, as an Italian, never tasted because I am not from Sicily. I asked my dining companion how it was because she has had it many times, makes it, and is from Sicily. She thought it was very good. Bravo Benny! My other friend and I had a veal chop which was very tender. We LOVE fresh prepared zabaglione and my wife makes the best, so here is where our dining experience faltered. No sugar was used, an essential ingredient. To make mine palatable I had to add two teaspoons. A bit hectic on a Saturday night, I would go again.