“My third week at the Viana Hotel in Westbury, NY”

Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westbury
GreenLeadersGold level
Cowpens, SC
“My third week at the Viana Hotel in Westbury, NY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

Although the primary reason for my travel to Long Island is work, being able to stay at the Viana Hotel and Spa makes my weekly trip a bit more rewarding.

I expect to be staying at this hotel for next few months, so that certainly will prove interesting.

Great Spa, workout center, excellent breakfast with eggs & omelettes cooked to order.
Thoroughly enjoyable.

Nancy is very welcoming as is Natalie, Joe, and the rest of the team.
Thanks,
John K.

Room Tip: The handicapped rooms with a tub are slightly less desireable than than standard rooms with larger s...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Santa Barbara
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

The Viana Hotel was unfortunately just a stop-over for us traveling from Conn., to get us close enough to JFK for a morning flight without being too close or hit traffic, so we didn't get a chance to use the spa or really even settle in. The staff was extremely courteous and more helpful than I've experienced at even the 5-star hotels we've visited. I can't say enough about what a wonderful experience it was. As for the location, it has good freeway access if you have a need to spend a night or a few in the area. While the area around the hotel may seem either too residential and/or industrial, (it is an odd mix), the hotel itself more than makes up for it. Did I mention the staff was great? My family isn't the easiest to travel with, but I didn't hear one complaint, and that says a great deal.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
hockessin, de
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Stayed for two nights with a party of 6 and initially had a dissapointing experience with the taxi service recommended by the hotel.
However, after sending an email explaining what had happened and how it affected us, the manager called me and made a very appropriate adjustment to our charges. He could not have been more interested in our experience and anxious to "make things right."
The staff at this hotel had been very helpful, including the front desk and especially the doorman, but the manager really made us believe that they do want the travelers who stay with them to have a totally good experience.
We had a great coffee machine, free water, a microwave, refrigerator, and a very clean and spacious room at the Viana.
Would definitely recommend this as a place to stay in this area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary with a show at the westbury music hotel in New York.The hotel is in the middle of a commercial area so we were not very excited when we arrived.When we went inside it was a different experience!!The first thing we did after the super fast check in was marvel at the beautiful room.We then ordered some room service to snack on and it was delightful!I then soaked in the lovely deep whirlpool bath enjoying the cocktails sent up by room service.Which I might add was so fast everything warm and drinks cold.The next morning we enjoyed the spa.We shared a his and her massage that was as good as any four star hotel could offer.We can not wait to go there again!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Pawling
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

We spent one night at this hotel because we were attending a wedding nearby. The entire experience was enjoyable. The decor is lovely, the room was spacious and beautifully appointed, including the bathroom which is so important. I wish I could have that shower in my house, fully tiled walk-in shower with heavy glass doors. We enjoyed the bar after the wedding and the restaurant for breakfast the morning after. People working there couldn't have been more pleasant or helpful. A terrific experience from start to finish, only wish we could have had time to sample the spa which I expect also would have lived up to the rest of the place.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Viana because it was the hotel selected by the bridal couple for their guests for their wedding reception at the Sandcastle in Franklin Square. It was not the closest hotel but I can easily understand why it was chosen. We loved the fact that it was a ‘green hotel’, with a lovely room plus all the staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. We enjoyed our short stay a great deal and considered it an excellent choice. If I were local to this area I would definitely go back to enjoy their spa services.

Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank FLStarfish
East Islip, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

My boyfriend and I recently celebrated our 7 year anniversary together, and originally had a mini ski trip planned, but due to the fact that I obtained a new job, I wasnt able to take the time off. I was aware of this hotel and figured why not?? well it far exceeded my expectations from the friendliness of the staff, to how clean every aspect of the hotel was, to the fact that they impliment a 'green' environment including paperless menus at the bar, and privacy buttons, rather than paper signs. The decor was modern and sleek, very desirable to a younger crowd. We also got to experience and were over thrilled with their spa with a 50 minutes couples massage! ( pool was a bit small, hot tub was perfect size, so I'll take that over a pool! ) though there are not many sights to see locally, and the view from the room isnt amazing ... our favorite steakhouse, Ruth Chris is approximately 5 minutes away and was also another incredible experience! somewhere I would most certainly visit again if your looking for a mini stay-cation!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbury
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel
Glen Cove Mansion and Conference Center
Hyatt Place Garden City
Hyatt Place Garden City
#1 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!