“Nice clean Spa but could be better”

Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westbury
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I went to Viana for a massage at the spa.

It started out frustrating that the parking lot was full and the valet didn't come out, so I had to drive around and finally park in an industrial park a few blocks away. However, I was greeted very warmly by several smiling employees as I entered the lobby. The lobby was very pretty and the little I saw of the hotel looked very nice.

The spa receptionist was very friendly, sweet, and professional. My treatment room was great and the actual massage wonderful. I also liked the technician, Allison, very much. THe whole spa seemed very clean.

My biggest complaint is the locker room size which is tiny. It seems like it is basically made for one person at a time. I went in to get something from my locker and there were 2 women in there, and I had to wait to get in. It's almost impossible for two people to change at the same time and not bump into each other. I also prefer that the toilets be in the locker room. The rest room was in the salon portion, and things were stored in the shower stall to get them out of the way, like mops and cleaning supplies. That looked unprofessional. Plus, it is odd to sort of walk around in a towel and or robe from the locker room to the salon and back.

There was a shower stall in the locker room, though, and I thought that was odd since If someone is showering when you are getting dressed I would imagine the whole room getting steamed up.

The sauna and steam room are nice, but very small as well, and co-ed. I found the slippers kinda cheap, and the towels a bit too small to stay on you when you wrap them around your body.

I was wished a good day by yet another smiling staff member as I left the hotel lobby.

I feel bad about the negatives because the staff was so great but think Viana could tweek a few things and this spa would be great.

If you was staying at the hotel and didn't really need the locker room the spa is wonderful.

I would go back for the treatments since they were so good and the staff so friendly.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank havesuitcase153

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Although the primary reason for my travel to Long Island is work, being able to stay at the Viana Hotel and Spa makes my weekly trip a bit more rewarding.

I expect to be staying at this hotel for next few months, so that certainly will prove interesting.

Great Spa, workout center, excellent breakfast with eggs & omelettes cooked to order.
Thoroughly enjoyable.

Nancy is very welcoming as is Natalie, Joe, and the rest of the team.
Thanks,
John K.

Room Tip: The handicapped rooms with a tub are slightly less desireable than than standard rooms with larger s...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2012

The Viana Hotel was unfortunately just a stop-over for us traveling from Conn., to get us close enough to JFK for a morning flight without being too close or hit traffic, so we didn't get a chance to use the spa or really even settle in. The staff was extremely courteous and more helpful than I've experienced at even the 5-star hotels we've visited. I can't say enough about what a wonderful experience it was. As for the location, it has good freeway access if you have a need to spend a night or a few in the area. While the area around the hotel may seem either too residential and/or industrial, (it is an odd mix), the hotel itself more than makes up for it. Did I mention the staff was great? My family isn't the easiest to travel with, but I didn't hear one complaint, and that says a great deal.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Stayed for two nights with a party of 6 and initially had a dissapointing experience with the taxi service recommended by the hotel.
However, after sending an email explaining what had happened and how it affected us, the manager called me and made a very appropriate adjustment to our charges. He could not have been more interested in our experience and anxious to "make things right."
The staff at this hotel had been very helpful, including the front desk and especially the doorman, but the manager really made us believe that they do want the travelers who stay with them to have a totally good experience.
We had a great coffee machine, free water, a microwave, refrigerator, and a very clean and spacious room at the Viana.
Would definitely recommend this as a place to stay in this area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2012

My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary with a show at the westbury music hotel in New York.The hotel is in the middle of a commercial area so we were not very excited when we arrived.When we went inside it was a different experience!!The first thing we did after the super fast check in was marvel at the beautiful room.We then ordered some room service to snack on and it was delightful!I then soaked in the lovely deep whirlpool bath enjoying the cocktails sent up by room service.Which I might add was so fast everything warm and drinks cold.The next morning we enjoyed the spa.We shared a his and her massage that was as good as any four star hotel could offer.We can not wait to go there again!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We spent one night at this hotel because we were attending a wedding nearby. The entire experience was enjoyable. The decor is lovely, the room was spacious and beautifully appointed, including the bathroom which is so important. I wish I could have that shower in my house, fully tiled walk-in shower with heavy glass doors. We enjoyed the bar after the wedding and the restaurant for breakfast the morning after. People working there couldn't have been more pleasant or helpful. A terrific experience from start to finish, only wish we could have had time to sample the spa which I expect also would have lived up to the rest of the place.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Viana because it was the hotel selected by the bridal couple for their guests for their wedding reception at the Sandcastle in Franklin Square. It was not the closest hotel but I can easily understand why it was chosen. We loved the fact that it was a ‘green hotel’, with a lovely room plus all the staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. We enjoyed our short stay a great deal and considered it an excellent choice. If I were local to this area I would definitely go back to enjoy their spa services.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank FLStarfish
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbury
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel
Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island
Hyatt Place Garden City
Hyatt Place Garden City
#2 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!