“Great hotel and great service!”

Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westbury
GreenLeadersGold level
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Great hotel and great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

I recently got married and stayed at this hotel and couldn't ask for anything better. We had blocked a number of rooms for guests at a discounted rate and also recieved a small discount on our own suite. This place was amazing and the staff is incredibily helpful. They worked with us to block a certain number of rooms up until a month before the wedding, and helped us decide whether to plan a dinner the night before or a brunch the day after. I was also emailed all the menus to make my decision easier along with information regarding gift bags. Although you have the ability to purchase gift bags through them, I wanted it to be more personal and was able to bring my in anytime before the wedding to drop them off. They were provided upon check-in to my guests with no problem. The suite itself was amazing. We had a living room with a separate bedroom, a patio, and a great big bathroom, with separate shower stall and bathtub with jucuzzi jets (which unfortunately I did not get to use). The closet space was ample, since I had a couple of girls staying with me the night before and there was also a mini-fridge and microwave for food. The robes were also very helpful when I had to get my makeup done and they even sent up a steamer for our clothes when we asked for it (unfortunately though they only had one steamer in the hotel and other guests had to use it too). We were also provided with a bridal package in which we were provided with a bottle of prosecco, chocolate covered strawberries, and rose petals sprinkled in the room. Very nice touch! Also, since we had so many gifts and packages to take down during check out and brign in during check-in, we had Louis (wonderful man) help us take things down and he made multiple trips, was very patient, and accomadating. I felt bad that we seemed to have overworked him as well as other staff while we were there, but they were all pleasant and willing to provide us with anything we called for. We chose to have a dinner the night before the wedding at the hotel resturant and we were provided a separate room for ourselves,which offered a nice private feel. The food was decent and the service again was good. Also, the hotel bar was great for guests to lounge and get a drink in between events. The bar usually closes around midnight unless you proivde a fee to have it remain open later. Luckily there was another wedding on the same day as ours and had access to the hotel bar after the reception, so that the party could continue! Lastly, my friends and I wanted to book spa treatments o the day we arrived. We recieved a 15% discount since we were staying at the hotel. This was the perfect addition to this amazing experience. I had the best massage of my life!! Afterwards we were able to lounge in the steam room and relax. Def. a great place to stay. Only complaint I have was that I wasn't informed that I needed to add my husband to the room list, so he wasn't provided information to the room number by the front desk since his name needed to be added, causing a slight issue with the florist, but all in all....I LOVE THIS PLACE! And couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. It made my wedding weekend even more perfect than it already was.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wish6

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

I stayed in this hotel twice. The first time was fine, the second time was an absolute disaster. The hotel staff is friendly and accommodating. However, this is not a hotel for business travelers. I stayed here over a weekend and on Friday evening at 2:00 AM a wedding party came into the hotel and filled the halls with shouting, partying and banging doors. I had a 5:00 AM wake up call, so after repeated calls to the front desk to control the situation, I finally requested to be moved to another floor at 3:00 AM. The front desk person said to me “sometimes when we have wedding parties, we tell them to calm down but it’s just out of our control”. When the hotel staff person came up with my new room key, he handed it to me and headed to the elevator. I was left to move myself to my new room wading my way through a hall way of drunk out of control people. The next day when I awoke (at 5:00 AM) to take a shower, there was no hot water in my room. When I called the front desk to complain, I was told "That does happen sometimes. We turn off the hot water late at night to conserve energy” When I checked out that morning I barely got an apology let alone any kind of adjustment on my bill. This hotel is not cheap and claims they are "the best spa hotel in Long Island". Never again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
8 Thank Sue R
, General Manager at Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Dear Ms. Sue R,
Thank you for your feedback; praise and criticism are equally important to us and we take our guests concerns very seriously. I want to apologize for your unfortunate experience here at the Viana Hotel and Spa; it is truly disappointing to hear any guest have a less than memorable experience.
In regards to the noise you experienced at the hotel we do try very hard to maintain a quiet and comfortable environment for all its guests to enjoy. Unfortunately when large groups stay at the hotel it can be difficult to control the noise and as such we try to keep the group in one area of the hotel, so as not to disturb everyone. I am glad that the Front Desk agents were able to move you to another room, but I am sorry you were not offered any assistance during your room move; I have discussed this issue with the Front Office Manager and it will be addressed accordingly.
As far as your lack of hot water in the morning all I can do is apologize, our water system is on a closed loop system which makes it energy efficient but we certainly do not turn the system off, we will however inform the maintenance department so that the issue can be addressed properly.
I would like to take the opportunity to sincerely apologize and hope that you will give us another chance to make things right, please feel free to contact me to discuss this further, and please accept my apologies once again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012 via mobile

As soon as I took a tour of the Viana, I knew it would be perfect for my guests at my wedding. The rooms are immaculate, the beds are comfortable, and the linen and pillows are soooo soft. Because its a new hotel, you don't get that "I wonder how many people slept in this bed before me?" feeling. They were so helpful with suggesting what rooms would be best for my pre-ceremony pictures with my family and bridesmaids (the 07's cuz of the larger living room area and larger bathroom with a built in tv in the mirror!), and the restaurant's options for food for the pictures was delicious (their assortment of wraps, thumbsupski!) The sales representative (Kim) that handled my block of 30 rooms was so easy to get in contact with and was patient with my delayed responses. I was given direction cards for invitations and had welcome bags which were stored and distributed without a hitch. My mother in law reserved the the banquet room for brunch the next day and the food, once again, was exactly what was needed for the morning-after! Some of my guests who didn't initially book rooms decided to stay and they were able to continue to party/get a good nights rest. I was told the robes were super soft too. when my groom and I got back to our room, they covered our floor, bed, jaccuzzi! With rose petals, had a bottle of champagne on ice by the bed, and put chocolate covered strawberries on a dish on the bed!
Erica, the make-up artist that works at the spa is a doll. I did my own make-up but she was super helpful during the trial. I wish I was able to stay another night to get some of the spa amenities, which were 20% off cuz of the block.
Be aware though: 1) because it's Eco-friendly, the ac I believe works off of a censor or you gotta set it to be on while you're out of the room. 2) do not count on their shuttle service. They warned me, I didn't listen. Most of my friends missed our ceremony because they were waiting for the shuttle. 3) checking in took a lil longer than expected...once you get past the slooowww (yet thorough?) front desk you are in for a treat
Im considering going back just because!

Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Floral Park, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

I booked a hotel room block for my wedding. I had nothing but trouble from the minute I submitted my contract. I had been promised that they would let me know when my block was 80% full so I would have the option to add rooms. (not that they gave such a significant discount anyway) Well no one called and I had to find out from my guests that it was fully booked and they had sold the rest of the hotel to another wedding party. It took me 2 weeks of calling 3 times a day and I still hadn't gotten anyone on the phone. I went into the hotel and still couldn't see a manager. I ended up writing directly to the general manager to finally get some answers and I was told, no one would agree to tell you that and that was it. I ended up sending the rest of my guests to the hotel down the block and if it hadn't been so close to the wedding I would have cancelled all my rooms and stayed at the other hotel and well.

I also paid extra for the late night bar, which was supposed to be specific for my party. However about a week before I found out that they had charged the other bride the same amount and that it would not be a private party anymore. The only way I found out was because I wanted to leave a credit card for my party and they told me they wouldn't be able to tell who was in my party. Now I was charged and told that money was going to pay for additional hours for the bartender and security. When I confronted whoever answered the phone that day, I was told I should have paid less since it was going to be split with me and the other bride.

The day before the wedding when we checked in, the rooms weren't ready and I had to sit in the lobby with my wedding dress for about an hour. Besides that I had no interaction with other people at the hotel. The location is convenient but with another hotel right down the block, I would use the other hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank Cait H
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

I had a very positive experience at the Viana from the courteous checkin, a very nice and clean room, comfortable workout facility, and good dining. I would highly recommend staying at the Viana. I also appreciated the qualities of an upscale hotel chain but on a more intimate and unique scale.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Streator, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

The Viana seemed to be just a few years old. The room was nice, but housekeeping missed some clothing from the previous visitor. I did not find it until late night, while looking for an electrical outlet. I reported it the next morning when I checked out. The person that handled my check out was very apologetic. The only other issue was how often the air conditioning unit ran. It would just run way to often.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Chuckiepoo
Dear Chuckiepoo
Thank you for your feedback. We certainly appreciate hearing from our guests whether it be praise or criticism, as it allows us to improve our products and services when guests take the time to let us know.
I’m sorry to hear that you found clothing in your room from a previous guest, our housekeepers work exceptionally hard to clean and maintain our rooms, but on rare occasions things are missed. I do apologize and I have alerted the appropriate departments to this issue.
As far as the air conditioning system, make every attempt to ensure that all our guests are as comfortable as possible during their stay. I encourage you to contact a hotel manager right away if you are ever disappointed by any aspect of your stay so that we may immediately address your concerns and find an amenable solution. That being said our system keeps an even temperature and in an attempt to keep the room cool it will continue to run.
Again, thank you for your comments we certainly appreciate all feedback and we hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Cape May Court House, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

The Viana -- it's as if someone took a large luxurey hotel and re-created it in miniature. the rooms are surprising big, the service is always bright and friendly. the restaurant and bar are stylish and comfortable, and the food is quite good. There was a very accommodating exercise room, but the pool is quite small. Everything, everywhere in this place is spotless.Lots of little extra touches, too. For instance, you'll love the free friut and lemonade in the lobby, Definitely recommended.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbury
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel
Glen Cove Mansion and Conference Center
Hyatt Place Garden City
Hyatt Place Garden City
#1 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!