“Wonderful hotel!”

Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westbury
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Brand new clean and comfortable rooms. It was a little annoying to see how many people park their SUV's in the hybrid only spots though. Other than that my stay was perfect. I was there for a business trip, however would love to return with my wife someday.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank travelrncs

Reviewed 28 August 2012

We recently stayed at the Viana as part of a "wedding partyl" - the bride, groom and guests stayed there.Everyone at the hotel was professional, friendly, and very accommodating. They made us as guests feel very wlecome and went above and beyond the call of duty, in that the Manager, on hearing that we wanted to hire a taxi to take us to a rented appartment in Manhatton, offered to kindly take ourselves and luggage to their sister hotel in Queens, thus saving on taxi fare. We tried to reimburse him but he would not hear of it. How many Managers or staff would go to these lengths to help guests? We were really impressed and would definitely stay at the Viana again and would certainly recommend this hotel and its staff to anyone.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

We recently used the Viana as "wedding central" - the bride, groom, both sets of parents, and guests stayed there. We had a large room block and many of the guests remarked about how pleased they were with the hotel. Everyone at the hotel was professional, friendly, and accommodating. They made our guests feel very welcomed. A special thanks to the bellman, Luis. What a wonderful welcoming smile and attitude. Brunch in the "ballroom" on Sunday was delicious and a wonderful way to say goodbye to our guests. I would highly recommend the Viana. To all the staff there - well done!

• Stayed: July 2012
Viana1, Manager at Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Thank you for choosing the Viana Hotel and Spa for your "wedding central" location on Long Island and Congratulations on your wedding. We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to serve you. To that end, we are grateful you took the time to post a trip advisor review regarding your recent stay. We value our guests; their opinions and concerns mean a great deal to us and we thank you for your feedback.
Not every guest takes the time to share their positive experience with other travelers so we really appreciate the fact that you did. We believe our future travelers will appreciate it too!
Our daily search for excellence is ongoing and we thank you for your assistance in trying to achieve it. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back. Until then, please feel free to contact us if we can assist you in any way.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

I used this hotel to for my wedding block and bridal party. My husband and I also stayed there the night before our wedding in different room. The staff was nice and the rooms were great especially my bridal suite. I went to the spa and the massage was awesome as well as my mani and pedi and they were so accomodating as I was runnig late and they stayed late for me and I know they didn't have to. My guests who stayed thee mentioned they enjoyed as well. My sons loved the breakfast at Marco Polo and they are picky so that says alot again we got there late an they were accomodating to us.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing the Viana Hotel and Spa for your wedding block and Congratulations on your wedding. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our Spa as well as our Restaurant. We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to serve you. To that end, we are grateful you took the time to post a trip advisor review regarding your recent stay. We value our guests; their opinions and concerns mean a great deal to us and we thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

You would expect a small luxury hotel with a spa would want to create a nice first impression? Not so at the Viana. As I got out of my car directly in the front of the hotel were people sitting on bench smoking. As a former smoker I don't have issues with people smoking however, I do take issue with a bench and ashtray so close to the front entrance. Oh and did I mention this is a spa. I was not impressed find a better location. The restaurant food was also not very good, it was limited, fried and I had to seat my family and myself. As for family, this is not a kid friendly hotel. The pool is for athletics not children and the game room is for adults not children.

I guess if you live close by and are having a wedding this would be considered a nice place to stay. But when you are well traveled and have stayed at different types of hotels you know what luxury should be.

I suggest you get a good price, eat off premises and do not bring any children with you if you’re thinking of staying at the Viana.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Dakotaboy2012

Thank you for choosing the Viana Hotel and Spa for your stay on Long Island. We sincerely appreciate having the opportunity to serve you. We are gratefully that you took the time to post a trip advisor review regarding your recent stay. We value our guests; their opinions and concerns mean a great deal to us. Constructive criticism always helps us to praise those who have done well and the negative helps us to evaluate situations and make any necessary changes to improve our service.
Although, it is always unfortunate to hear of our shortcomings, guest comments and survey responses are extremely valuable in guiding us toward complete guest satisfaction. I'm distraught to hear that your first impression of us was of a guest smoking right outside the building. Although we are a non-smoking property with signs stating that there is no smoking allowed within 25 feet of the hotel it is sometimes difficult to control who is smoking outside. Our restaurant Marco Polo's features Italian food with Asian influences with a wide variety of menu options. While we do have some fried food on the menu we do also feature healthy options such as salads, wraps, and fish. I do apologize that you were not greeted in the proper way upon your arrival to the restaurant and can assure you that this will be addressed to our restaurant manager. We are sorry you were not satisfied with our restaurant and hope that after further review you will come back.
We have an indoor pool as well as game room and encourage families to take advantage of these amenities. Even though the pool has a sign saying adults only, children are allowed as long as they are accompanied by an adult.
We welcome any additional feedback from you in regards to anything else that might help improve or enhance our property and/or our restaurant based on some of the ratings you gave us.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

We reserved a large block of rooms (44 rooms) for guests attending my daughter's wedding this past weekend. All of my guests were very impressed with the Viana Hotel and particularly the welcoming staff. Every staff member I and my guests encountered were pleasant, friendly and always greeted us with a lovely smile. I also had breakfast catered for all of my guests the morning after the wedding. The food was delicious and very fresh. We were very pleased with the breakfast. All areas of the hotel as well as my room were immaculately clean. I would highly recommend the Viana Hotel to friends and family. I live in the area and a friend of mine also just had her son's wedding guests stay at the Viana and she loved the hotel and staff as well. Thank you for a wonderful experience. I will definitely be recommending my friends and family to your hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing the Viana Hotel and Spa for your wedding block and Congratulations on your daughters wedding! I am so pleased to hear that you and your guests had an enjoyable time with us. We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to serve you. To that end, we are grateful you took the time to post a trip advisor review regarding your recent stay. We value our guests; their opinions and concerns mean a great deal to us and we thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

A couple of weeks ago we stayed for 2 nights. Please find my opinions:

1) Staff very nice. ( EXCEPT THE RESTAURANT ON PREMISES, WHICH SEEMS TO BE OWNED BY SOMEONE ELSE).

2) The hotel restaurant is awful at best. Im surprise Zagat did not give it a big fat ZERO.
a) The menu does not many healthy choice options. We expected a menu that reflected a Hotel/Spa.
b) The staff DID NOT even seat us or say "hello" at the restaurant. We basically walked in and had to seat ourselves. RUDE!
c) Seriously how do you run out of parmesan cheese?
d) Food was fatty and greasy. Quality of ingredients way below average.
e) Coffee is the WORST we had ever had in our life at breakfast buffet.
d) Go to Ruth Chris approx 15 minutes away if you want an awesome salad.

3) Spa treatments expensive but A+++ for quality and level of service.
a)

4) Not kid friendly.

5) The pool is a joke, so small.

6) Rooms very nice BUT my feet were hanging off the queen bed and I'm 5'6". What's with length of their beds???

7) Location in an ugly industrial area.

8) The spa, hotel and restaurant are all different entities, seems like 3 different owners.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank itsaboutthejourney

Thank you for choosing the Viana Hotel and Spa for your stay on Long Island. We sincerely appreciate having the opportunity to serve you. We are grateful that you took the time to post a trip advisor review regarding your recent say. We value our guests; their opinions and concerns mean a great deal to us. Constructive criticism always helps us to praise those who have done well and the negative helps us to evaluate situations and make any necessary changes to improve our service.
I do apologize for your experience with our restaurant. Our restaurant,Marco Polo's, features Italian food with Asian influences with a wide variety of menu options using the freshest ingredients. We do have many healthy food options on the menu such as salads, wraps and fish. I am saddened to hear that you were not greeted in the proper way upon your arrival to our restaurant and can assure you this will be addressed with our restaurant manager. In regards to the missing food item we have addressed this with our chef to make sure that we never run out of food items in the future. Since your last stay with us we have replaced the coffee that we were previously using and have received many guest compliments on the new coffee.
We do encourage our guests to bring their children and take advantage of our on site amenities such as our game room and indoor pool. Even though the pool has a sign saying adults only, children are allowed we just ask they be accompanied by an adult.
Our Queen beds are of normal sizing. I do apologize you were not comfortable.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbury
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel
The Roslyn Hotel
#2 of 3 in Roslyn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carle Place - Garden City
Glen Cove Mansion and Conference Center

Been to Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!