“An amazing establishment with an amazing staff!”

Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westbury
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Hurricane Sandy challenged us a well, and despite being only inconvenienced (no power) we were very lucky to find this gem of a hotel not too far from where we live. We stayed there for five nights, third floor PH30 (penthouse floor).
First let me say how diligent the housekeeping staff was. Rooms were done promptly, every day before noon. All toiletries and drinks replenished whether we used it or not. Plenty of towels and even lovely flower petals in the bathroom!
The hotel is beautifully decorated and the rooms a meticulously appointed. There’s a bar on the upper level as well as a restaurant and a game room for the kids equipped with pool table, Xbox with games, board games and books.
Spa - My daughter used the Spa’s services and was very pleased with the treatments, prices are average compared to other spas and the staff again was exceptional.

Marco Polo restaurant - The only restaurant on premises but what service! They were inundated with families trying to overcome the hurricane's aftermath and never did we see any staff member lose their temper or neglect their duties. If service was slow, it was due to the sheer number of people waiting to be seated and served. The place is small but they always accommodated everyone and the food was extremely delicious. Room service never took more than 20 minutes to arrive and they were even kind enough to serve us very late at night during the snow storm when no deliveries were available from the Pizzeria or Chinese take out.
Front desk staff – I really do not have enough words to thank them. Mike, Chris and Kim consistently tried to assist all guests attempting to extend their stay due to lack of power at their homes and all that while two weddings were supposed to take place at the hotel. Our kids (a gang of around 12 boys and girls from Roslyn, Wheatley and Syosset) were roaming the hotel and the staff not only allowed them to occupy certain areas of the hotel without chastising them, they made sure the game room was cleaned three times a day and the Xbox games were always available. We’re truly in awe of their professionalism and kindness.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

We stayed here for several nights after the hurricane and the entire staff was wonderful.
The hotel is clean with comfy beds flat screens and nice bathrooms.the restaurant was super busy due to the hotel bing oversold and they got out the food which happened to be good . One of the nights the owner had an entire tray of homemade chocalate baked for us.
I will recommend this to anyone who needs lodging on the north shore.
If they could handle the cranky brookville group without power they can handle anything!

Reviewed 9 November 2012

We are staying here in the wake of Hurricane Sandy. Lipa can't seem to get our power back on - and, despite a 6 page wait list, we were lucky enough to get into The Viana. The hotel is nice and new. Rooms, while not exactly spacious, are clean, comfortable and nicely appointed with. flat screen tv, marble bathroom, refrig and microwave. The hotel is eco-conscious - which is great - but I will say the toilets can be a problem - because they don't always flush well.

But that's not why I'm writing this. This hotel has been PACKED for at least two weeks - and i have to admire the fact that the staff - while trying to accommodate very very picky (and i'm sure quite annoying) local long islanders - have maintained great attitudes and kept smiles on their faces. I'm sure they are absolutely exhausted from this crowd - and i truly admire and appreciate their grace under pressure!

In fact, as I was writing this, I got a call allowing me to extend my stay yet again. Thank you Viana Hotel for being there when we needed you.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

I stayed here to attend a wedding and for a mini getaway. In my experience I have not found many adequate hotels on Long Island. I chose this hotel after reading reviews and for the location and I was very satisfied with the condition of the rooms and the friendliness of the staff. I did not eat here so I cannot comment on the food, but I did have a massage and facial here both of which were very professional and enjoyable. It is not a large or busy spa but it was clean and pleasant. I would stay here again if I needed to visit this area again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Karen1656
Reviewed 16 October 2012

October 14-October 15: My first 1 night stay at this hotel was surprising. Upon entry you are greeted by an enthusiastic friendly staff. Check-in was quick and easy. Once in the room, I was pleasantly surprised to discover beautiful marble entry way, a spacious open room good quality furnishings [sorry no pictures]. Comfortable bed. Love the glass shower doors. For the most part the room appeared to be immaculate. I moved the nightstand to plug in my ipad and discovered a dirty pair of underwear that apparently belonged to a former guest. Upon checking out I mentioned then find of the underwear and how I found it. His reply was that shouldn't have happened. I hope that you washed your hands. I did not find that comment to be funny or useful. Ordered room service for breakfast [pancakes that were a little stuff] did not receive any butter. Did not try spa. Would have given this property a higher waiting had it not been for the underwear. Otherwise, I really like the room/venue.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Viana1, Manager at Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

Thank you for choosing the Viana Hotel and Spa for your stay on Long Island. We sincerely appreciate having the opportunity to serve you. We are grateful that you took the time to post a TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay. We value our guests; their opinions and concerns mean a great deal to us. Constructive criticism always helps us to praise those who have done well and the negative helps us to evaluate situations and make any necessary changes to improve our service.
Although, it is always unfortunate to hear of our shortcomings, guest comments are extremely valuable in guiding us toward complete guest satisfaction. I do apologize for the underwear being left behind in your room. It is our policy to always inspect our guest rooms, sometimes double inspect them. The Housekeeping manager has been informed of this oversight and will be speaking with his staff to ensure this never happens again. I am also sorry that when you spoke with the Front Desk about this situation they did not respond in the proper way. The issue has been addressed with the Front Office Manager.
We welcome any additional feedback from you in regards to anything else that might help improve or enhance our property and/or our restaurant based on some of the ratings you gave us. We do value your patronage and hope that you will come back so we have the chance to show you the level of service we have become famous for.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

My (now) husband and I chose the Viana as the place for our wedding guests to stay after our wedding. EVERYONE has said what a lovely hotel it is. The service was top notch all the way around. The staff knew we were newly married, and went above and beyond for us. They stored our cake top in the freezer, and helped us cart our dozen of boxes that we had to bring from the reception with us. The rooms were beautiful, very clean, and have a nice modern decor. The food at brunch was delicious, and the service was good as well. They kept the plates full and the tables clean and people came in and out.

The best thing about the Viana was working with them to get the booking done. E-mails and phone messages were all answered within a day, and they made some special accommodations for our guests such as allowing early check-in.

I would really recommend this to everyone. We live about 15 minutes away from the Viana, but we've already said we want to go back for a nice weekend to enjoy the spa again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2012 via mobile

Unfortunatly, I normally only take the time to write a review if I dislike something. But I was really impressed with this hotel and felt it deserved my time. It's definitely the best I could find in the area I needed. The rooms were immaculate. The shower large( no tub) and elegant. The bar and resturant were the highlight for me! " Miguelito" was an amazing chef. The Gorgonzola steak veggies and tiramisu was the best hotel meal I've had in recent memory! The area outside the hotel is not the best, but once inside it is a haven. Not really a place for kids. I loved the chenille blanket on the bed.
-room for improvement: the spa is unavailable and pricey. One of the receptionist at the front seemed condescending after I asked a simple question, but changed demeanor considerably once I changed into fancier attire. Pool is tiny. 1 person Stationary laps?

Overall exceptionally clean and well maintained. Great decor, and the halls smell like a light sent of lemongrass. Very pleasant. I would absoluy stay here again. -- just for some food made by Miguelito!

• Stayed: September 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbury
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel
Hyatt Place Garden City
Hyatt Place Garden City
#2 of 4 in Garden City
Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island

Been to Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!