“Enjoyable Evening” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Madison and Lexington Avenue
Transit: Just one block away from the long island rail road Westbury stop.
Westbury, New York
“Enjoyable Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

FINALLY went to Chi. Should have gone sooner! We live right in Westbury and have many great restaurants within 5 miles, but for whatever reason just never went to Chi. We did go early on a Thursday night so it was not crowded and it was quiet...just the way we like it. The food was fantastic, as was the service. The "Chi" salad was one of the best salads I've ever had. With the tremendous amounts of great restaurants in this area, I would recommend Chi highly. NOT cheap....but worth it. If you want cheap, go to Fridays.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Westbury, New York
“Horrible!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

Just left this restaurant-first time in my life that I never left a tip! Food and service was absolutely horrendous, and not cheap! First hostess, then person who gave us menu, then waiter, basically grunted at us. We felt like we were intruding on the lounge scene. We had the Kung Pao calamari for appetizer, my friend had the Chilean sea bass and I had the Thai shrimp; it was so salty my tongue was swollen! Had a 7pm reservation on Sat. night and only one other table was occupied, and 2 more when we left an hour later. Even when dissatisfaction was expressed to waiter he was idignant! If they want to emphasize the lounge scene, then give up the attempt at dining. I live a few blocks from restaurant, will never return to this local establishment!!! The 30 minute travel time to NYC is worth it for a first class dining experience rather than waste your time
on this amateur attempt.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank jend953b
malujerry
“good drink specials”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

good drinks and food, but go when they have 1/2 drinks and appetizers, then it's really worth it.

• Visited January 2012
East Rockaway, New York
“Nice atmosphere, spotty food/service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

I went here for Long Island Restaurant Week.

This place was awesome on the inside. Very stylish.

I understand it's a restaurant/ lounge but they had a large open area in the dining room with lounge seating which looks nice, but wouldn't it be better to have tables in the area for dinner service and rearrange for the bar scene later?

Food: appetizer- calamari and beef sliders. Both excellent dishes!
Dinner- cognac chicken and Asian skirt steak. Chicken was good, a tad, tad, salty but a good dish.
Steak- ordered medium well, received medium (no biggie, it's a steak) then I began to cut...

What a task I undertook. I have cut through metal pipes with better ease than this. The steak was tough to eat. That being said, the flavor was good.

Dessert- banana cheesecake wanton and chocolate soufle. Both good dishes.

Service- service was ok, waiter looked overwhelmed, food did come quickly.

Overall ok. I would go back another day to try their regular menu.

• 5 of 5 bubbles