“Terrible managerial skills”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Madison and Lexington Avenue
Transit: Just one block away from the long island rail road Westbury stop.
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I have dined at Chi frequently and usually have a good experience. The atmosphere, decor and music are wonderful. The food is an eclectic array of delicacies. Upon my last visit however, I was appalled by being asked by the manager to move our table halfway through our appetizers to accommodate another larger party. The manager did not even offer to comp a drink or appetizer, much less thank us for the inconvenience and embarrassment of everyone in the restaurant gawking at us like we did something inappropriate. This happened just this past Friday night on May 10, 2013

1  Thank Donna R

Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

Went here with a Travelzoo voucher on a Saturday night. I asked for bottled water, and they ran out! Unheard of! The music was very loud, the waiter couldn't hear our orders. I asked a question about a salad dressing and it took 10 minutes to find out the answer. Food was mediocre at best, and very expensive. We will not be returning anytime soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Arrived about 7pm on a Saturday evening for dinner, was seated promptly. The waiter was very nice, we started off with drinks Delish!!, then flatbread, olives, french bread and butter were placed on the table while we reviewed the menu. I had the surf & turf special, in addition to the filet & lobster tail it came with shrimp also. The food was so good, I still smile when I think of it. When we left we went out the back which led to a beautiful outdoor patio, they had a brick oven making homemade pizza, a huge bar, lounge chairs everywhere with comfortable cushions. It felt like being on vacation, you really forget its location is a busy street. I will be back. Its a bit pricey but u get what u pay for ...

Reviewed 21 September 2012

FINALLY went to Chi. Should have gone sooner! We live right in Westbury and have many great restaurants within 5 miles, but for whatever reason just never went to Chi. We did go early on a Thursday night so it was not crowded and it was quiet...just the way we like it. The food was fantastic, as was the service. The "Chi" salad was one of the best salads I've ever had. With the tremendous amounts of great restaurants in this area, I would recommend Chi highly. NOT cheap....but worth it. If you want cheap, go to Fridays.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

Just left this restaurant-first time in my life that I never left a tip! Food and service was absolutely horrendous, and not cheap! First hostess, then person who gave us menu, then waiter, basically grunted at us. We felt like we were intruding on the lounge scene. We had the Kung Pao calamari for appetizer, my friend had the Chilean sea bass and I had the Thai shrimp; it was so salty my tongue was swollen! Had a 7pm reservation on Sat. night and only one other table was occupied, and 2 more when we left an hour later. Even when dissatisfaction was expressed to waiter he was idignant! If they want to emphasize the lounge scene, then give up the attempt at dining. I live a few blocks from restaurant, will never return to this local establishment!!! The 30 minute travel time to NYC is worth it for a first class dining experience rather than waste your time
on this amateur attempt.