“clean and quiet”

Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Westbury
Reviewed 11 August 2014

loved this hotel . it was quiet area so you can leave the window opened without excessive noise,, room clean so was rest of hotel. beds were comfy, had a lil fridge and microwave, and tons of outlets om microwave and lil nite table between beds..sink in hallway , bathroom consisted of toilet and tub/shower, thats great buti like a sink in the bathroom also .. my only issue was booking.i booked for one price a few weeks prior and the price dropped on a another site so i called hotel and also the 800 number and i was told that theres nothing they can do about it, even if i didnt stay there and gave there business to the competitor,which i thought was odd for 20 something bucks but ok.. ive worked in the hotel industry and the way it is now take 20 bucks off a room . A, to keep the monies in my hotel . B, to have a repeat customer. even if i couldnt take monies off then a breakfast, or something anything to keep the monies in the hotel.. so i originally booked for 147,.. but with a little research i found a discount code to travelocity and only paid 101.. so they got there money but if they would have matched my original price i never would have looked any further,, but that being said would stay again

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It is greatly valued as we want all our customers to receive excellent service with quality accommodations. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island

Reviewed 13 July 2014

after reading reviews on trip advisor my husband son and i booked this red roof in because of the location central to everything we needed including visiting sick family members on long island .....the 1st night there was no air conditioning in our room and the hotel was booked solid .....so danny to the rescue ...he brought us a stand up fan that got us through the night thank goodness.

the next day air conditioning was still not working to we had our room changed, only to find our door had been left open by the maid service that day when we returned the evening. there was nothing missing thank goodness and no "credit" to be put towards these mishaps as we had booked through american express points. i did not read the fine print which allows dogs of all sizes into the hotel ...i never have seen so many dogs in one place except at a shelter !

besides danny and his good deeds we found the staff in general to be quiet and not friendly at the front desk .beds are in 2 sizes only full or king ...not good for us 3 adults in one room pillows were hard and couldn't tell of sheets were ever changed during our 6 day stay (we lysol everything anyway ) bathroom toilet kept running and when shower was turned on pipes started making noises . wifi was good but to be charged for using the business computer to print out board passes wasn't great . refrig and microwave were a nice touch so was flat screen tv once you got used to channels. would recommend this hotel for younger people who don't really care for amenities ,as for us i guess we are spoiled with the hampton inn which was not available in this area where we needed to stay
ps forgot to mention that fire alarm when off twice once at 5am and again at 8am we were't comfortable in our bed situation in the 1st place then that happened !
after the fact we should have asked to be put up in a different hotel or called and complained to american express!

Room Tip: i called a number of times to ask questions regarding rooms sizes bed type location and all. i guess...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank aheyliger
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us at Red Roof Inn Plus Long Island.

I can certainly understand your concerns as this property has had some recent changes in leadership which have impacted our levels of quality.

Since my start at the property just a few short weeks ago I have identified a number of things that we have quickly been able to change for the positive which is the trend I plan to continue.

Our goal is for all guests to receive a pleasant stay with all services of the highest quality. I have looked into the issues you have noted to make sure thy are corrected and don't occur again in the future.

Again, I want to thank you for your valuable feed back as your concerns are our concerns!

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Picked the Red Roof Plus while attending the Belmont Stakes. The staff were friendly & helpful. The premium king room was spotless, quiet & I had a great nights sleep each night. Made good use of the snack, popcorn, juice and water each day. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The service at the front desk was very professional. I upgraded my room which I feel was a total rip off - the upgrade was A bottle of water, A bottle of juice, A bag of microwave popcorn, and two granola bars. Our upgraded room had a small coffeemaker. The upgraded room certainly was not worth the difference in price but now I know better. The hotel was renovated but I am not so sure about the bed - it was creaky like I can't even explain. The room was pretty quiet except my husband was up late one of the nights we stayed and said if he didn't know better he would think they were filming an adult movie in one of the neighboring rooms. I read a previous post about marijuana being the choice of air freshener - I assumed it was one of the guests - now I am inclined to think its the employees since its still going on.

Room Tip: Save yourself the money and don't upgrade the room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bethypoo
Richard_Auer, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for reviewing our Inn, and for your kind comments about our renovated rooms. Beside the daily snacks, water and juice our premium rooms feature large high definition TVs and free access to premium channels, as well as extra pillows and towels.
Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Danny at the front desk is truly the face of service at the red roof inn+ westbury.His balance of peofessional customer service and down to earth compassion you feel like youre seeing a business partner or an old friend. He always smiles and has made my family feel safe and secure during our stay. Hes a family man and has inspired me to be the man i want to be rising through adversity to be a wolf in business. Weighing his kindness and dedication to customers is outstabding and has changed my outlook on life for the better. He sets a great example for the social community of customers staying in the hotel by blending good kind hearted service with realistic real life appkications any entrepreneur conmunity leader or role model can relate to. I think all the staff is great but Danny is the best. You know hes going to go the extra mile and embody a dynamic representation of courtesy abd professionalism. Id like to thank the management team for bringing him on board. He is an incredible asset to the company. I have already tried several times to apply abd im still interested, but whether im hired or not Danny's wisdom and expertise will be carried through life with me and i will teach my children to be strong responsible professionals as he is. Id reccomend he become a manager, and that he is a delegate for any networking or marketing events.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Mwestfal89

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Inn and for your kind comments about Danny and about our staff in general. We recently renovated our property and now our focus is in providing the best personalized service to our guests. Danny is an example of what we had accomplished so far.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

After having to stay at a hotel due to moving circumstances I found myself at this Red Roof. My first time every staying at this establishment but regardless it has been quite the experience. The staff, all the way from the maids to the nightly security attendants were friendly and approachable. At the front desk Danny and Joseph kept conversation and helped me find great local restaurants to dine. I was new to Long Island and it was nice to be greeted by such friendly and helpful individuals like themselves. I thank the people at the Red Roof for hiring such members, they've made my stay both memorable and enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank ImagineLimit
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The customer service is great. The Hotel Staff was reliable and helpful with everything needed and more. Rooms always spotless, and always ready for a true relaxing stay. The Price is always very reasonable as well, so overall a very good experience.

Room Tip: Just always make reservations the rooms book quickly.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Jeremy Patella

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbury
Hilton Garden Inn Westbury
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Hyatt Place Garden City
Hyatt Place Garden City
#3 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island? Share your experiences!