“A good experience”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Westbury
Massachusetts
“A good experience”
Reviewed 2 June 2006

We had a comfortable, hassle-free stay here. As other reviewers have mentioned, the Garden Inn line from Hilton strikes a good balance between comfort and price.

Our room was a good size, and for a "budget" hotel there were a surprising number of amenities -- not just a TV and a phone but also a coffee maker, hair dryer, mini-fridge, and microwave oven.

In the lobby they have complimentary, self-service coffee and tea set out, which we appreciated after a long car trip. We only stayed one night and didn't interact much with the staff, but we were treated courteously, and check-in and check-out were both quick and efficient.

Stayed May 2006

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
New York
Reviewed 17 May 2006

My husband and I stayed overnight at the Hilton Garden Inn. It is a very nice hotel, close to restaurants and stores (across the street) and Jones Beach (15 minutes). The lobby was very nice and they had free apples for a snack. The room was very nice, clean, good size. It is a very quiet hotel. I would definitely stay here again. It was a little pricey, but that should be expected in Long Island, It's a great place to stay if you are going to Jones Beach or the amphitheatre. It's conveniently located off the highway.

• Stayed May 2006
Niagara Falls, NY
Reviewed 11 April 2006

I stayed there for two nights in April. I requested a quiet room and got one, no problem. The room was very clean, and contained a mini-fridge, a microwave, and a coffee maker and was very spacious and roomy. I was very satisfied with it.

Unlike the regular Hiltons, if you don't bring a razor, or toothpaste, they don't supply one gratis, but they do have a place in the lobby where you can buy one, so it's not a problem. They do have a variety of teas for people in the lobby, as well as coffee, hot water (they were out by the time I got back late Saturday night, but I just took my teabag
to my room and microwaved the heavy duty cup they
had for the beverages in the lobby.

There is also no shuttle service. I had to get a cab to the train station, which is about 4 minutes away. The average price is $4 to and from.

I wasn't in the room all that much, but when I came back from being out, the room had been nicely cleaned, and for once the maid service left the things I'd taken off the desk off the desk, so that was a nice touch. I'd taken the scratch pad of paper out of the holder and put the holder on the floor to have the desk free, and the maid replaced the pad in the holder and left the folder on the floor. First
time that's happened, and I was glad to see it.

• Stayed April 2006
5 Thank niagaranewyork
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 November 2004

My stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Westbury was my first stay at any Garden Inn. As a HHonors member who frequently stays at Hampton Inn and Hilton hotels, I was impressed by the Garden Inn's ability to find a middle ground between both levels of service. In all honesty, I often prefer the Hampton Inn's to many of the Hilton hotels, as they are more recent, and feature more updated amenities. In the case of the Garden Inn, it's practically a Hilton hotel. I stayed with my significant other in a Junior Suite; a two-room, well equipped and adorned suite. Two TV's and two phones might have been useless to us, but could definitely come in handy to many travelers. For those who know the Westbury area, I find the Garden Inn to be a little high priced for something "below" a Hilton in the luxury scale. However, this is Long Island, and when has anything here been affordable. This would have to be my favorite of the Hilton family of hotels.

17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbury
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Courtyard by Marriott Westbury Long Island
Hyatt Place Garden City
Hyatt Place Garden City
#1 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Westbury? Share your experiences!