“Lovely clean motel with very helpful staff”
Review of Theater Motel

Theater Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Westfield
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Lovely clean motel with very helpful staff”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We were delighted with this little gem - stayed in a 2 bed room which was spotlessly clean and had a really good sized bathroom with good water pressure for the shower. Older home style decor, floral curtains etc but nicely done and also had a handy fridge and micro. The staff waited up late for us to arrive and were helpful and friendly even posting a pair of shoes I left there back to me the following day. The location was well placed for fishing etc at Lake Erie, some nice places to eat on Chautauqua Lake and within an easy drive to Niagara Falls. Try it - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Fiona Z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

We booked this fleabag on Priceline in
August and ended up writing it off and instead staying at the maple inn, on the grounds of the Chautauqua institution.

The motel was old, dirty, smelly and was infested with bugs because, and I quote, "we keep doors open all day because weather is nice". It was also located right next to some railroad tracks, on which trains passed very frequently and were quite loud.

I would never stay here again, in fact, this motel was so awfull, we left and stayed somewhere else, even though the management would not give us a refund.

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank Mattk12345

Travellers are raving about these Westfield hotels

Anamosa, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We stayed in a room that they said had a queen bed but the bed was more the size of a king size which was very comfortable. Even though this motel was older, the room was very clean. The bathroom was done in old style tiles and colors but very nice. We stayed in a 3 star hotel that had a smaller bathroom. The room size is great and doesn't feel like a crowded hotel room.

We could hear the train passing by and Interstate 80 is very close.

The owner and his wife are very nice and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I recently stayed at this Motel and I guess you get what you pay for. I took a chance on staying here based on the reviews which were not to bad plus the rooms were reasonable.This room was filthy. The windows and shades were yellow with dirt and there were no curtains. There were socks under the bed, no blanket on the bed except for a comforter which was not washed. Thank goodness I brought my own pillow and blanket. There were flies in the room, dirty carpeting and walls, other people's stuff in the medicine cabinet, the list is too long to go on. I decided to suck it up since I had my own linens, but will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Not sure if I have any tips..
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank wenjay24
boston
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My husband and I and another couple stayed at this motel for three nights while visiting some of the wineries on the lake erie wine trail. I'm used to staying at hotels, so my review of this motel might be a little harsh. It was significantly cheaper than the hotels in the area. Staying in Westfield, NY is a great home base for touring the wineries because it is right in the middle.

The Good: We felt safe here, the people were friendly, and the bed in our room was actually comfortable despite how old it looked. There was a fridge, microwave, and working AC in each room.

The Harsh: The bath towels were the size of hand towels and as thin as paper. We had an issue with bugs in our bathroom (Beatles, spiders, and earwigs). A personal preference, but there was no coffee maker in the room, or coffee within walking distance. There was a McDonalds, Diner, and some gas stations about 1.5 miles away where you could get coffee which isn't the most convenient for those like to drink coffee when they get up. The owner had trouble with his maid staff showing up so our room was not cleaned the first day (no new towels). You could tell they forgot to vacuum under the bed, we had pretzels sticking out under ours.

Our friends door was broken, anybody could have gone in there room while we were away. We made the owner aware so that should be fixed for anyone else staying in the room. They also had trouble with their shower curtain. It was ripped off the rings so it didn't stay put too well. It was so annoying they were tempted to buy a shower curtain to leave there at Dollar General which is next door to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank coasterfreak_ma
Ada, Michigan
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Stayed here recently while on our way through the area. Knew from the other reviews that this was a place in need of a facelift. Yep. Older furnishings, especially in the bathrooms. Functional though. NIce to have a small refrigerator and microwave in the room. And nice that our dog was allowed at no extra cost.

BUT - pulled back the covers, this was after we'd been there a while, and found tortilla chips under one of my pillows. That tells me that the sheets were not fresh. It was late enough that we decided to just suck it up and slept on them anyway, with a hope and a prayer that they weren't TOO bad. I'm still here so survived the night....

My other concern was security...the only lock was in the doorknob. No chain, deadbolt, or anything else. That needs improvement.

Otherwise it was a decent enough room for the money.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
SHREVEPORT, LA
Reviewed 26 July 2009

My sister and I stayed one night at the Theater Motel in Westfield, NY. Westfield is such a lovely area. We stayed one night on our 10 day trip. The room was clean, but in bad need of a facelift, furniture was very worn. The lady working with was great! Ate at a great restaurant, Barcelona Harbor House. Overall rates were great, bed was ok, motel kind of takes you back to the 60's.. Just don't expect this to be a Hilton! Very budget friendly..

• Stayed July 2009
1 Thank OLDTHINGS
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westfield
Holiday Motel Westfield
Clarion Hotel Dunkirk
#3 of 4 in Dunkirk
Best Western Dunkirk & Fredonia Inn
Holiday Inn Express Findley Lake

Been to Theater Motel? Share your experiences!