Grassmere Inn Bed and Breakfast
The Quogue Club(Quogue)(Great Value!)
US$553
US$538
Colonial Shores Resort(Hampton Bays)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$184
  • Pool
Bayview Resort(Hampton Bays)(Great Value!)
US$218
Bowen's by the Bays(Hampton Bays)(Great Value!)
US$278
  • Pool
US$144
US$130
Mari Manor(Westhampton Beach)
All reviewspeter kaplanperfect locationyogurtclose to townprivate bathcharming townwest hamptonevery summermain stgreat tennistennis lessonsgreat place to staytennis prosmain buildingrogers beachking bedtennis club
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Great location in town, close to the beach. If you like tennis, this is a great place to stay because you can take lessons from a really friendly staff nearby the hotel.

The inn is a casual family-run business and has a nice spread for breakfast in the morning. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable about the town.

The accommodations are beachy- but Peter, the owner certainly manages your expectation prior to arrival. I would recommend bringing your own beach towels/toiletries, as this is not a full-service hotel- but its a super-fun, friendly, affordable, campy getaway from NYC.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I would definitely return. Had a great time meeting other guests, friendly group of people. Some guests took advantage of the tennis package, they were very pleased with the court conditions. Breakfast was self serve and the staff was ready to assist with anything we needed.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Would absolutely recommend the Grassmere to anyone looking for a Hamptons adventure. The staff was incredibly friendly and I loved my room. Stayed in the main building in room 4. Couldn't have asked for better service and everything was incredibly neat and clean. Additionally, this is really a fantastic location. It is literally right next to main street in Westhampton and the beach is right down the street. Stay here!!

Room Tip: Room 4! Main
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2014

During the summer of 2013 I had the pleasure of staying at this motel with my mom for two nights. Before I start the review just a little background to hopefully add some credibility. It was my first week back home after I finished my 3rd year of medical school. I have a single mom who I had not seen in more then 6 months and she wanted to take me out east for a couple of days. Money is tight so when we found the Groupon we were really excited to spend a couple day together near the beach.
We get there and meet this Peter Kaplan, he fed us his nonsense life story about his days in college, how he is a lawyer and listed all the important people that stay at his place. Of course he needed to know our life story; where I go to school, my moms job, where we are from. My mom is VERY friendly so she talked.
I didn't print the Groupon and just showed him from my Iphone the digital version. This was not OK and he told us we had to go to the library to print it out, but he trusts us so whenever we get around to it, don't worry, don't worry, blah blah. We are happy no complaints, and I just wanted to go to the beach/ get some lunch.
He gives us a room in this house, not in the main facility but next door. I think this is where the house keeping and maintenance stays. Very very old and falling apart, paint was chipping off the walls, the bathroom was in mid renovation, windows did not open, and the view of the backyard was just heaps of garbage like old junk/ useless lawn mowers/ cars. It was gross honestly. We didn't complain we just did our thing and hung out.
Except that..... since we had not printed the Groupon and he didn't know how to use to digital version from my I phone, every time we would leave to go to the beach or get food or do anything, Peter would run out and ask us if we had went to the library and printed the Groupon yet. Then he would say OH OK I trust, don't worry about it, just get me the paper when you can. Another time we are getting into the car and he runs out again and puts me on the phone with the Groupon people. I keep explaining that I have it on my Iphone.
Finally about the 5th time he runs out and asks about it my mom tells him to relax, it was getting very irritating. She got upset and told him that the conditions of the room were really bad, definitely not as advertised on the website.
This man FLIPPED OUT like I have never seen, and she was just talking. He threatened us, then threatened to throw out all our stuff with no refund. I chimed in to say along the lines of please keep your voice down, don't speak to my mother like that. I have NEVER heard anyone scream at her like that. He told me I was patronizing him, and eye rolling him and he continued screaming more and more. This whole thing turned into such a heated argument on Peters side, his face was tomato red, screaming and spitting, he had some psychotic nervous breakdown. My mom was in shock and I just started hysterically crying because I have never been treated or talked to so disrespectfully in a hotel/motel facility, where the aim is to have a flippin pleasant couple of days.
He had a kid working behind the desk so mortified at this situation, trying to apologize to us. He was able to PRINT OUT THE GROUPON IN 5 SECONDS and kept saying how unprofessional Peter is, and how he has no idea how to run a business. Peter later on apologized and tried to give me a hand shake and told my mom we can have a free night any time we want, blah blah blah. He also sent me an email some time later apologizing as well, talking about some networking/ connections for me. Zero stars doesn't even come close to the awful experience I had coming here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Natalie R
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Wow, What a Great time of the year to Visit This Bed an Breakfast, We Stayed at the Grassmere for a long weekend In January an loved it, What a nice place, Friendly Staff, Cosy Rooms, an the surrounding area was just as beautiful!

Great Time, We will be back again soon!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business