“The Grassmere Inn Hotel Review by PopImpressKA Journal. www.popimpresskajournal.org”

Grassmere Inn Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Please read our complete review posted by our International Publication PopImpressKA Journal.
We have just come back from our weekend trip from the Hamptons. The Grassmere Inn hotel is lovely and very clean, decorated very tastefully and historically. The staff were wonderful, very friendly and helpful, we felt like we are at country home with our family. This bed and breakfast hotel is in a great location, short drive by car to the beach area and one block walking distance from the main street of the most adorable town. The breakfast food was good. This week we are returning to stay at The Grassmere Inn hotel again for a repeat visit. We would recommend the hotel for a relaxing few days or a holiday with a wonderful friend or a family.
- PopImpressKA Journal

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

go to riverhead instead
140usd for a crappy room
that s not a good deal
i took it because i had no car and needed to sleep (long day)

have a look at the bathroom pic for instance!!!!

mot much more to be said
read others opinions
some go same way exactly

dont trust toi quickly positive opinions
they might not be very honest ones!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
westhamptontennis, Owner at Grassmere Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
I am the owner of the Grassmere Inn and take every single inquiry, reservation, and complaint seriously. I previously wrote a response to this review but also sent a note to the guest as I was disappointed he did not enjoy his stay. I have subsequently removed my previous response as I now understand his concerns. And, I know write a new response !!! I am very appreciative he took the time to write and he was in fact a guest. We focus on cleanliness and service as we are not a fancy property. However, we are super neat and clean, simply furnished in a great location. Our housekeepers are given twice the amount of time the industry standards suggests to clean our rooms. We then have a front office person inspect and sign off on each room. Finally, a second front office person must inspect and sign off on each room. We recently removed beautiful Stark Carpet which was in great condition. We either reclaimed the wood floors by sanding and applying poly or we installed a beautiful wood laminate. This makes it much easier to clean. However, it is a little noisier than having carpet covered floors. I personally handle 98% of the phone inquiries and attempt to contact every single guest prior to arrival including those who book online. We want all to have realistic expectations and then we try to meet or exceed them. Regardless of what one pays, he/she is entitled to immaculate conditions and realistic expectations. The room this guest stayed in is a small room (9 x 12) with a comfortable bed, ac, brand new wood floor, and a large bathroom. He was shown the room and elected to stay in it prior to being charged.. . He also was not happy with breakfast. However, the breakfast included fresh muffins and bagels from a nearby great bakery. Cereal, 2 types of fruit juices, fruit salad, milk, coffee, tea, English muffins, peanut butter and oatmeal. We do not have a commercial kitchen so are not permitted to prepare eggs, pancakes, French Toast, etc. There are not many places to stay in the area as operating accommodations in the area is beyond challenging. IF one is looking for incredibly neat and clean accommodations with working ac's, great service, and round the clock staff, we are potentially a good choice. The beach is beau;tiful and down the street. If one is seeking flat screen tv's and marble bathrooms, he/she will likely be unhappy in most accommodations in the Hamptons. Feel free to call me if interested in staying with us. 631 288 4021 Peter Kaplan
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I am a little late writing this review but did not want to pass on the opportunity to share my wonderful time at the Grassmere Inn. I stayed at the property over Memorial Day weekend and could not have asked for a better time.

Peter, the owner of the property, was absolutely fantastic from beginning to end. I received a call from him a week before my arrival to ensure that the room he was selecting for my party fit our needs. I'm surprised at other reviews because the owner if very open about the condition of the property. Yes, it is an older building but quite frankly that adds to the charm and appeal. It is a darling bed and breakfast, it is in the PERFECT location, and the staff sincerely cares about each guest's experience.

Grassmere around the corner Main Street in Westhampton Beach. It is less than a 2 minute walk to lovely high end consignment boutiques, restaurants, and a theatre. It is also less than a 3 minute drive to the beach.

Our room was clean and in order upon arrival. I stayed in room 9 on the second floor. The room was fairly large and there was plenty of space for luggage. Overall it was quiet in the evenings, and we had no issues sleeping.

Breakfast is provided each morning. I don't know where the bagels came from but they were seriously the best bagels I've ever had. They also had fruit, yogurt, juices, coffee, and tea. Peter was more than helpful in providing suggestions for places around the area and local restaurants.

I would definitely stay at the Grassmere Inn again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Hostel style B&B. Stayed in room 6 up sagging stairs with worn carpet with a comfortable king bed, but the room is completely devoid of any charm. I've never seen such a sparsely furnished room with such shabby run down furniture in a B&B. The floor's finish was completely worn away. Small bathroom with tiny Dixie cups that leak overnight for water, but they do provide big bottles of liquid soap, lotion, shampoo and conditioner. Good towels changed each day. Lighting was surprisingly good and the air conditioner was good, but the window unit was extremely noisy. The room was a decent size so had room for big suitcases.
Desk and chair, but no other seating. No problem sleeping at night, but the inn was quite noisy in the morning. Breakfast was decent - buffet style with fruit salad; cold and instant hot cereal; bagels; muffins; juice; coffee but only sweet herbal tea. Breakfast room is a pretty sterile affair but clean. The staff are friendly and helpful. Wi-fi very poor. First night easy to connect, but couldn't connect at all the next day. The only reason to stay is the location, the inexpensive price and the fact that early in the season nothing else is open midweek.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
westhamptontennis, Owner at Grassmere Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
I am the owner of the Grassmere Inn. I am happy this guest felt we were clean and service oriented. However, I am disappointed we didn't score higher and somehow didn't meet his/her expectations. Service, cleanliness, and providing realistic expectations and then meeting or exceeding them are our highest priorities. We have a staff member clean a room, and at least 2 front office staff inspect and sign off. I typically handle 95 % of the reservations and as all will advise, attempt to contact virtually every single guest even if they book online. This is not always possible as there are many times email info is not provided or the guest is from out of the country with no phone number or overseas number.We typically under promise, over deliver, and exceed expectations. Any prospective guest is welcome to call me directly if interested. Re :Specific issues. Chair This guest is correct. There was ony 1 chair in the room. We had another but found that many guests asked for an extra bed. We took the bed out to provide more room for this guest but perhaps we should have added it upon his/her arrival. Wifi. I don't know the problem there as we had it recently upgraded. Most feel it is fine contingent upon one's device. Re Floors. This is not accurate. We recently replaced beautiful Stark Carpet that was in great condition to reclaim beautiful wood floors. Sanded and poly added. Despite being in great shape, wood floors provided a much cleaner look particularly being near the beach. The stairs are creaky. The building is 150 years old. We can't do anything about that. We recently added a flat screen to the wall so some wires are showing and will be hidden. Size of bathroom. There is a nice sink, tub/shower combo and a toilet. We have not had anyone complain about that previously in this room. Some of our other rooms actually have smaller bathrooms and we typically advise including the size of the bathroom. Dixie cups. For years we had large glass cups. Many broke and were a hazard. I think we should get larger cups as I can't see a reason we had the smaller ones. I will take care of that. We are very simply furnished. If one is seeking or expecting a Ritz like property in the Hamptons, he/she will likely be disappointed anywhere. However, if one is seeking super, neat, clean accommodations in a great location with service oriented stay, perhaps one should consider us. Peter Kaplan 631 288 4021
Wall Township, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I booked this for my fiances birthday weekend and it was amazing. The room we had was large 2 queen beds and private bathroom and shower in the back of the main house. The people working and staying there were all very nice people with great attitudes. Everything was clean and the breakfast was a nice free continental breakfast--really enjoyed our stay and we'd love to go there again, though this was a couples trip hopefully in a few year's it'll be our own family trip! I could definitely see us bringing our future kids there! Location is RIGHT NEAR a 24/7 Rite Aid, main street, and a very short drive to the beach. It's quiet and amazing even though our stay was 2 days I feel that it was a week long, that's how relaxing it was for us!

Room Tip: Go for a private bathroom/shower--nice upgrade and worth it!