“Multiple long stays - always a great experience!”

Grassmere Inn Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 5 March 2011

I have stayed at the Grassmere several times, except for a few short breaks in the spring/summer, I've always stayed at least a month at the time, sometimes way longer than that.
When it comes to location, you simply can't beat the Grassmere. Sure there's not a ton of places around it open in the winter, but that's just how the Hamptons are. You can walk to the beach in 5-10 minutes, you can sit on the patio in the summer and just enjoy the sun, and you have all restaurants and bars of WHB just minutes away. There's literally no need to ever use your car while staying at the Inn, unless you are going to take the train, which is $10 in a cab, or a 5 minute drive to the station either at Westhampton or Speonk.

If you come out there expecting the Hyatt or the Four Seasons, you will be disappointed for sure - the building is older (just like everything in the Hamptons...) and the rooms are smaller, which to many people (me included) just makes it a lot more charming.

The staff (and the owner, Peter) were very helpful and always accommodated any requests I had, and also several times shuttled me back and forth to the beach, LIRR and the Jitney stop by the Gabreski Airport.

I also had some spectacular weekends here with my girlfriend, and I would have to look very hard to find a more romantic spot than the Grassmere and Westhampton Beach, and I have travelled the world many times over.

I know for sure I will keep coming back year after year - to me, there's simply no competition on the East End.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 March 2011

We stayed last year and had a blast. The hotel is very cozy and you feel at home. The hotel is great located, you are just blocks away from the beach and from all the shops and restaurants.
Breakfast is great in the hotel, and the best is that you can participate in the tennis porgram they offer. They have really great tennis pros and the tennis camp help me improve my tennis and have a good time. The kids really enjoyed, now that we are back home in Germany they both wants tennis lessons everyday :-)

Would are planning already in going again this year.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2011

From the sweet,eager concierge who helped unload my car and ease us through an effortless check-in,the amazing welcome drinks and the fun and young Westhampton nightlife, I thought this just couldnt be real. I kept checking for some reality show camera because it was all too good to be true. Peter was there to make sure we were okay with our plans for the day of tennis at the quaint cold buffet breakfast at the inn and if we needed a lift the courts....oh....and be ready to be drilled....Eastside is serious about their tennis. The pros are hardcore! The only thing I would say to the staff about the weekend was....at the weekend barbecue....maybe a cocktail instead of lemonade?Just sayin....Moreover if you forgot tennis clothes or just want a great deal on some nike apparel, check out kimberlys on mainstreet,Grassmere Inn customers get ten to twenty percent depending on the start or end of season. I heart the Grassmere Inn!!!

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed 4 March 2011

Located smack dab in the middle of Westhampton Beach, equally between beach, food and shopping sits a lovely, gracious grand-dame of an inn. I have vacationed with my daughter and friends there for over 10 years. Have found accomodations to be clean, neat and basic, though not luxurious, with staff, including Peter Kaplan and his wife, Allison, always gracious and eager to please. Guests are quite friendly. If you want a quiet relaxing atmosphere in the middle of the hectic summer Hamptons, the Inn is for you.

Cannot speak directly to the tennis program as I am totally athletically challenged, but a friend of mine who has taken lessons in the past has told me that her lessons were taught by a top-notch pro, the courts were well kept and that transportation was provided both ways.

Great value for those looking to get away for some peace and quiet.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 2 March 2011

The teniis/inn package seemed like a great deal but between the great tennis instruction and courts & the super friendly inn turned out to be a fabulous holiday. Additionally being so close to a beautiful beach and the charming town was terrific. I don't think I drove once while there (which is a treat for me). The tennis program for my teenage daugher was tops and the Inn was comfortable, clean and well run; the on-site owners couldn't do enough for us and were very unrushed and friendly. ( Is this NY really?) The buffet breakfast was excellent. After those long, tough days on clay and sand, it was nice just to sit on the inn's spacious front proch inhaling the fresh sea air. What a life!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2011

When I first arrived at the porch of the Grassmere, I knew it would be a pleasant stay. The location was marvelous, considering you could literally walk to town and the beach, and it just felt like a very relaxing place. the staff seemed very kind and down to earth, and so did the guests staying there. everyone minded their own business, and there were no pests. On sundays, there is a nice little brunch put together for the guests. As I sat there in the little dining room, I felt like I was back home in CT. There is no lack of cleanliness what so ever, and there is a decent amount of rooms. i can honestly say that i slept like a baby during my visit. At night, it is so peaceful and all you can hear is the sound of silence. I can't wait to come back this summer!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2011

i came to this place for the tennis club and ended up having such a nice time. very friendly people and met tennis pros from all over the world who also stayed at the b&b. you can walk to the beach and the beach is beautiful. also, you can easily walk around the quaint town for shopping and entertainment and the place is also very easy to get to from nyc.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead
The Drake Inn
The Drake Inn
#1 of 12 in Hampton Bays

Been to Grassmere Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!