I have stayed at the Grassmere several times, except for a few short breaks in the spring/summer, I've always stayed at least a month at the time, sometimes way longer than that.
When it comes to location, you simply can't beat the Grassmere. Sure there's not a ton of places around it open in the winter, but that's just how the Hamptons are. You can walk to the beach in 5-10 minutes, you can sit on the patio in the summer and just enjoy the sun, and you have all restaurants and bars of WHB just minutes away. There's literally no need to ever use your car while staying at the Inn, unless you are going to take the train, which is $10 in a cab, or a 5 minute drive to the station either at Westhampton or Speonk.
If you come out there expecting the Hyatt or the Four Seasons, you will be disappointed for sure - the building is older (just like everything in the Hamptons...) and the rooms are smaller, which to many people (me included) just makes it a lot more charming.
The staff (and the owner, Peter) were very helpful and always accommodated any requests I had, and also several times shuttled me back and forth to the beach, LIRR and the Jitney stop by the Gabreski Airport.
I also had some spectacular weekends here with my girlfriend, and I would have to look very hard to find a more romantic spot than the Grassmere and Westhampton Beach, and I have travelled the world many times over.
I know for sure I will keep coming back year after year - to me, there's simply no competition on the East End.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Westhampton Beach, the Grassmere Inn Hotel has been completely refurbished. Our 25-room hotel is the largest historic accommodation in the Hamptons. Our location in Westhampton Beach is within 75 miles of Manhattan. We offer rooms with private baths, shared baths, and suites. Daily maid service, complimentary newspapers, daily events listing, internet access, and continental breakfast are included. Afternoon beverages are served on the porch. Use of Eastside Tennis Academy is included in the various packages we offer. Beach passes are also available for our guests. The beach is within walking distance of the hotel. Use of outdoor grills, playground set and bocce ball are encouraged. No smoking in any of the buildings or on the porches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grassmere Inn Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grassmere Hotel Westhampton Beach
- Grassmere Inn b&b
- Grassmere Inn Bed And Breakfast Westhampton Beach, New York