“one of my favorites”

John Scott's Surf Shack
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 21 August 2011

i come here all the time! definitely one of my fav places. great atmosphere and live music

1  Thank littlemermaid17

Reviewed 1 August 2011

Honestly the worst live music I have ever heard in my life, and too loud to top it off. The bartender was rude and made as if she was doing us a favor to make a drink... Food was poor. we ordered the fish and chips which were basically 2 lbs of deep fried batter

Reviewed 28 July 2011

We were on a bike ride along Dune Road and decided to stop at the only obvious spot to eat. We were greated right away and told to sit anywhere. Apparently we took the invisible seat! After 15 minutes my wife went and found someone. Our waitress apologized. She didn't realize no one helped us. On to the food.

I had the Wasabi Shrimp Salad which was delicious. My wife had the Chicken Salad which was huge but average. We did have the special house dessert-Rice Chrispie Treat Pie. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

In the end the meal was slightly better than average at a very above average price.

Reviewed 29 June 2010

I like to dine out and spend time with my better half more in the summer, at first from the outside it looks quant, but inside a pig pen. Digusting furniture, tables and chairs needed replacement about 10 years ago ( they invest back into the business). The prices for food and drink depick a place like Dockers or other high end Restaurants, which this does not qualify. The waitresses are incredibley rude only to be surpassed by thier incompentance (at least the ones we came in contact with, ours was over the top useless). The bar tenders would serve you drinks if they looked at the patrons once and awhile. If you decide to try this place you deserve what you get, the food is better at the beach not too far down the road. It is a shame that places like this give the Hamptons that stuck up attitude they have become famous for. The final straw came after I tiped the waitress what I thought she was worth and she waited for us to come out of the bathroom to yell at us for the tip. We will contact the owner we are not done with them yet. So if you want so so food, a high bill, lousy service, yard sale seating and ruder waitresses this is the place for you, enjoy. my e-mail stang1zoc@gmail.com.

Thankyou for your time.

3  Thank stang1zoc
Reviewed 1 October 2009

I've been eating here for years an the food is great! I would really like to see the owner put some money back into cleanin the place up. I love the whole beachy thing don't get me wrong, but it needs some updating.

1  Thank Hamptonlocal22