“Great rafting trip!”

Beaver Brook Outfitters
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Wevertown
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Our guide was very nice. The rapids were great for a family trip...not too treacherous. Lunch and dinner included for the special price. All equipment provided.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

Great day on the Hudson- Beaverbrook is a class outfit with friendly, helpful staff. Our guide Liam was helpful, knowledgeable and a pleasure to spend the day with. After the trip, dinner was provided at the Inn on Gore. Well worth the money and had a wonderful time. would definately repeat

1  Thank L K
Reviewed 20 July 2012

If you've NEVER canoed in a river, ahem, Hudson River, don't even think about learning the ropes here. Once again, this is a river with unpredictable current strengths. I took my mother, who is also not experienced, and two minutes later (if that), we're stuck in rocks. Thankfully getting stuck there we avoided the upcoming current. I didn't know what to expect and felt somewhat disappointed the staff did not prep us or uncover our experience level. I really felt as I was in danger and felt helpless. We didn't even know how to maneuver a canoe and during our takeoff the staff could see that and just waved goodbye and laughed it off. When we returned, I was trying to calm my emotions and nerves, the staff was apathetic and unhelpful. Didn't give us tips, recommendations on how to become better or even apologetic. I am just fortunate they returned our money without hesitation. Just as an FYI, a few hours later, we saw a different company, with a group of people all in their canoes and they had a guide shouting commands, instructions and overseeing their safety. Should have done more research beforehand for companies who cater to beginners.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

We went on the day trip with Jessy. She was well trained and very friendly. The sights were wonderful!! It was spectacular!
The food offered at lunch was good
Dinner could be improved with fresh salad and desert. Just a thought

1  Thank Melzbelles
Reviewed 8 November 2011

My husband and I went kayaking together for the first time. They were great at explaining what to do. The rates was very reasonable. We will definitely be recommending this place.

1  Thank HJZM2010

Been to Beaver Brook Outfitters? Share your experiences!