“Expected more”

Benjamin Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Benjamin Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 276 Restaurants in White Plains
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Metro North to Hartsdale
Description: Benjamin Steakhouse owner Benjamin Prelvukaj and chef Arturo McLeod have combined over 35 years in the steak house business, 20 of those at the famed Peter Luger's in Brooklyn! Since the opening of their Midtown Manhattan location in 2006, they have become a Mecca for steak connoisseurs. Now, with this new expansion, they bring the glory straight to the heart of Westchester County. Benjamin Steakhouse offers juicy cuts of dry-aged beoof-from 36-ounce Porterhouses to juicy, tender Ribeyes and succulent filet mignon. White Plains' decor may lok familiar to those who have dined at their Manhattan location, as well, with their signature dark wood floors, banquette seating, and burgundy booths in tow. The main dining room will also feature on oversized fireplace-a signature of Benjamin Steakhouse from day one. Whether it's a romantic rendezvous or boisterous family dinner, Benjamin Steakhouse is sure to please.
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Had dinner and really expected a grand steakhouse based on some of the reviews. The location is nice and the restaurant is very nice and I had high hopes. Overall the meal was average at best with the main course, filet being really average. I started with a wedge salad which was nice having Canadian bacon adding flavor. My filet was average at best with no real flavor to it. At other high end steak houses I have been at, the steaks normally carrying themselves without the need for any sauces / salt and pepper. I ended up using the house steak sauce which helped out but I felt I really should not have needed it. Also, the steak did not "bleed" out on my plate which indicates a level of dryness even though it was medium rare. I also ordered a bake potato and a side of mushrooms which were unremarkable. Overall, a disappointment as I love really nice steak houses.

1  Thank Mark C

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Went for restaurant week. Lobster bisque was good. Sirloin and creamed spinach were nearly inedible. Sirloin was very greasy, lots of fat and ordered medium rare the outside was seared and inside pretty raw. I like an even cook and it appears chef threw it on grill on high and took it off after outside cooked. Meat was flavorless. Put"special"steak sauce on it didn't make it better, but added some taste. Sauce tasted like combo of sweet bbq with cocktail ketchupy taste. Spinach looked bad and tasted blah. Best part was dessert of chocolate mousse cake. Don't get ice cream if you're expecting anything from a high end restaurant. You'll get two scoops of breyers (actually think breyers tastes better than what they served). Wine was typical $10 glass, but good. Bread rolls looked better than tasted. Annoyed that they make you valet park even when the lot is empty and close. They also made us choose between 5:30 or 7 reservations. We choose earlier, but restaurant was empty until 6:30/7. Best part was chatting with wait staff who were from Kosovo.I like to travel, so the unique multiculturalism was a highlight.. But others might note care as much as me.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Having New York City just a short ride away made finding this restaurant a pleasant surprise. The quality of the meats & level of service was excellent. Both appetizers & main course were served in a timely, non-rushed fashion. Granted, we were there during the week, but everyone in our party have been to a number of excellent steak houses and this one stood out as very good and NYC quality. The prices were high as to be expected, this is a twin of the Benjamin Steak House in NYC and prices are comparable. I'd recommend this location for a great meal with good service and a great selection of prime meats.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We expected an excellent dinner and were disappointed. Our steak was not tender nor tasty. The baked potatoes were under baked , making them difficult to eat. Our Merlot was excellent and at $ 12.50 a glass......should be........!
While all steakhouses are typically noisy, this one wins the decibel prize. Conversation at our table for four was painful and almost impossible.

1  Thank Randy105
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Went here last night with some friends. Seated exactly at our reservation time.
Waiter wasn't the most knowledgeable with regards to cocktails.....didn't know which premium brands of spirits they had. Might have been a language issue.
But the cocktails arrived fine. Salads were good and the steaks for 2 (ordered X2 for the 4 of us) were perfectly cooked. The sides of mushrooms and steak fries were a good addition and the key lime pie was excellent.
The steak was a la Peter Luger.....sliced up, on a scorching hot plate and served to us while spooning the juice on the slices. I'll never say any steak is as good as Luger's.....but this was as close as you can get. Very nice
Bill with cocktails was around $100 each person with tip included.
Very nice looking restaurant. Valet parking only.