“My favorite spot!”

Benjamin Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Benjamin Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 262 Restaurants in White Plains
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Metro North to Hartsdale
Description: Benjamin Steakhouse owner Benjamin Prelvukaj and chef Arturo McLeod have combined over 35 years in the steak house business, 20 of those at the famed Peter Luger's in Brooklyn! Since the opening of their Midtown Manhattan location in 2006, they have become a Mecca for steak connoisseurs. Now, with this new expansion, they bring the glory straight to the heart of Westchester County. Benjamin Steakhouse offers juicy cuts of dry-aged beoof-from 36-ounce Porterhouses to juicy, tender Ribeyes and succulent filet mignon. White Plains' decor may lok familiar to those who have dined at their Manhattan location, as well, with their signature dark wood floors, banquette seating, and burgundy booths in tow. The main dining room will also feature on oversized fireplace-a signature of Benjamin Steakhouse from day one. Whether it's a romantic rendezvous or boisterous family dinner, Benjamin Steakhouse is sure to please.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favorite spot!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Hands down the best steak house in New York. These steaks are so flavorful and the sides are so good too. Prices are fair and the staff is attentive and accommodating. My husband and I usually get the porter house for 2 medium rare. I have the broccoli or asparagus sautéed with garlic sooo good. My husband likes the fries. The drinks are strong and tasty and there is an excellent wine selection. We can always get reservations and we are seated right away when we get there. The tiramisu and the fudge Sunday are excellent and the appetizers. I must say my husband and I have been to a lot of the best steak houses in New York City but we always come back to Benjamin's it our favorite. Service is great and we especially like our usual waiter Lenny he's friendly and attentive. My husband and I try to come at least once a month the food is that good we've been coming for 3 years. Please try Benjamin's you will love it!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Valcaraballo

Hartsdale, NY
“Can't live without Benjamin Steakhouse!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have been frequenting Benjamin Steakhouse since they opened more than three years ago and I always have great food and a great time. Last Saturday, 7/26, was no different....my friends and I enjoyed appetizers, steak and seafood, several sides (and, of course wine) and it was fantastic. Service is always excellent and I now make it a habit of asking for Lenny's section. He is the best: perfectly helpful and perfectly attentive. We stayed late and no one cared or rushed us at all. I really like that.

Equally often, I will simply go to the bar and have a drink, eat dinner there....hanging out alone or with friends and I love that I can count on this place for both experiences. The bartender, Benny, is always great.

Benjamin Steakhouse is my go to place and am so happy they are in Westchester! (......I live for the wedge salad, steak, broccoli and Benjamin home fries...sounds simple, but whatever they do is magical!.....)

New York City, New York
“High End Steakhouse in Westchester County”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

If you've been to Peter Luger's, Old Homestead, Smith and Wollenskys, then you won't be disappointed with this place. Absolutely fantastic service, exceptional food, great setting, and valet parking. Can't wait to go back.

New York City, New York, United States
“Fantastic steakhouse”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This place is just fantastic. Great great Food all the way from apps to main course to desert. Service is just fantastic. One of the best steakhouse i have ever eaten

New York City, New York
“Good Food, Good Service, GREAT Atmosphere!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Ate here Saturday 7/26/2014 with my wife. We had a 5oclock lunch which was the beginning of their dinner service. We opted to eat outside and it was a great choice. It was cool under the awning and a beautiful day. Since it was indeed the beginning of their dinner, we were the first and only people there for about a half hour. This was great but was bad at the same time. Every waiter and busboy made it a point to come up to us and as us how it was--very overwhelming. We got the Benjamin's salad for appetizer. It's a mixed green salad with crabmeat. It was good but it says it was meant for 2 people--definitely not enough for 2. I would recommend it though. For lunch, I opted for the filter mignon. It was delicious, tender and cooked to perfection. My wife had the Benjamin Burger. High end steak places ALWAYS have the best burgers! It was a large burger with homemade, fresh cut French fries. It was delicious (of course, I had a few bites!!).

I would definitely go back but I am in no rush to go back. It is a good, not great, high end steakhouse. We enjoyed the outdoor seating the most!