“Great location for NYC day-trip”

HYATT house White Plains
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in White Plains
Brunswick, Maine
“Great location for NYC day-trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed here one night on a day-trip to NYC for college visits (Barnard/Columbia) and to tour the iconic NYC tourist areas (Times Square/5th Ave/Broadway). The hotel was excellent: clean, beautifully decorated, spacious, kind staff, easy access on/off the highway. The bed was super comfortable. The "room" had a bedroom (of course), but also a living area with a work station and a kitchen. It was really nice to walk into the room like this after a long day on the road. The drive to the colleges was extremely simple - I was worried about it. It took twenty minutes door to door to get to the colleges. I would stay at this hotel again without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Anthony D, General Manager at HYATT house White Plains, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
We wanted to thank you for not only staying with us but sharing your experience as well. We appreciate the details given and look forward to having you back in the future.

All the best.

Anthony Damiano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Breakfast is nice and the suites have full kitchens. If you are traveling with someone with kids, you may want to get the two bedroom suite. It totally kept me sane throughout the trip. Clean property and good housekeeping.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Anthony D, General Manager at HYATT house White Plains, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
We're happy to hear you and your family enjoyed the spacious suites and hotel. The two bedroom/two bathroom suite is a great option for families.

Once again, thank you for staying with us.

White Plains, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

We're locals who stayed overnight. All rooms are suites, which is why we booked here. Plenty of room in our 1 bedroom suite. There are doors to the bedroom that can be closed. Our king sized bed was very comfortable.

On the other side of those doors is a cozy couch/sofa bed with a nice size TV/DVD player, a kitchen area with large fridge, oven, sink, etc, and a small work area.

This mostly works very well. The TV in the living room area is good sized, but the one in the bedroom less so. It is also somewhat awkwardly in the corner of the room, which is the price to be paid for the privacy doors. There is also a vanity area next to the bedroom, followed by the shower/toilet room.

A suggestion-- there should be a doorway or some partition between the vanity area and the bedroom area, in case one person is sleeping and the other wants to use the vanity area.

We drove to the hotel and did not eat the food so we did not utilize some of the services, although we did use and appreciate the exercise area and business center (with free printing!). Although the kitchen should be fully stocked, there were no glasses in our room. We went down and asked for some paper cups (that was all that was needed), which were promptly given to us.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Anthony D, General Manager at HYATT house White Plains, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear valued guest:

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.
By the way, we will double check the "glasses" situation since all of our kitchens are equipped with everything.

We look forward to having you back in the near future.

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

This place was really nice to stay in and affordable too. Having the kitchen is what prompted booking and the staff were friendly, place was clean and reviews were correct! They have social hours at night and breakfast in the morning. They give you menus for local delivery food places.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Good afternoon. We wanted to thank you for your feedback and staying with us. We appreciate it and look forward to having you back in the near future.

All the best.

Marlton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I spent one night at the Hyatt House with my sister and niece. Two days before my arrival, the hotel called and asked if we wanted to be upgraded to a two bedroom suite for a small fee. I excepted and I was glad I did. We had two bedroom, 2 bathrooms and 3 TV's! It was great. There was even a kitchen. We were on the first floor. The hotel was quiet it night and check out was quick and easy. The only downside was the breakfast, it was not the greatest.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Anthony D, General Manager at HYATT house White Plains, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
We wanted to thank you for staying with us and giving us some valuable feedback. We do have some exciting “enhancements” coming in the near future and hope you will be back.

If we can assist with anything please feel free to contact us.

Once again, thank you.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

This place has been home for me while I've been on the road in NY. Everyone is REALLY cool, kind, and courteous!! Also, they MUST have ESP because, after you've been here for awhile, they know your routine and they have what to want and need before you ask!! I know them ALL by name, but I won't post for privacy reasons!! I've enjoyed my stay here!!

Room Tip: Stay away from the recreation area.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Anthony D, General Manager at HYATT house White Plains, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
We want to thank you for being more than just a client. We appreciate your support and the opportunity. Your feedback is tremendous and will be shared with the entire team.

We look forward to having you back in the near future.

Once again, thank you.

Bangalore, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

This is a good hotel with amazing staff... I used to stay in this particular hotel every time I traveled to NY to be at the IBM headquarters, Armonk. This time, I faced challenges with the shuttle system and I reached out to the hotel staff, who could not manage to resolve the issue. I was told, “It is not in the contract.”

I was shocked and I called their competitor, Hyatt House, White Plains and spoke with Anthony Damiano, who I did not know, was the GM of the hotel, but spoke with me with utmost care and personal touch. I was impressed. He took the details of my request and asked for 60 minutes. He then responded to me and assured me that, Hyatt House would be glad to have me as a guest and offered free shuttle service to IBM Headquarters, Armonk.

That was exceptional! Here was a hotel which was ready to go the extra mile for me, although I had never given business to them and the other hotel, although, I was a loyal customer, shoved the contract in my face! I packed my bag and moved to Hyatt House, White Plains. Read my complete review on khalidraza9.wordpress.com

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank khalidraza9
Anthony D, General Manager at HYATT house White Plains, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Good afternoon. It was a pleasure assisting you. We appreciate the kind words and the opportunity to "win" you over. Our goal is to provide great service and we are happy to know we have a future supporter of the Hyatt house White Plains.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us with great feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near White Plains
Doral Arrowwood
#1 of 2 in Rye Brook
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester
Residence Inn White Plains Westchester County

Been to HYATT house White Plains? Share your experiences!