HYATT house White Plains
  • Breakfast included
US$179
CambriaHotels
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown(White Plains)(Great Value!)
US$165
Esplanade Hotel(White Plains)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsfull kitchentwo bedroom suitesocial hoursummerfield suitesoutdoor poolbasketball courtliving areamanager anthonysmall kitchenextended staybusiness centercomplimentary breakfasthome away from homeexercise roomnew yorkfree shuttleshuttle service
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a first-rate hotel by most measures. It's not what you'd call luxury, but believe me, I've been at some allegedly five-star hotels that were not as well maintained or as comfortable. Everything works and everything you need is there. Plus it's clean and kept up to date.

Some might complain about the bathroom setup since it's not totally physically separated from the bedroom; it's not a "his and hers" sink setup etc., doesn't have marble walls, for example, which is what keeps the hotel from being 5-star. This is not a resort and does not bathe you in luxurious trappings, but insofar as hotel being a place to reside while away from home, there's nothing lacking.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Arthur B
Anthony D, General Manager at HYATT house White Plains, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

We wanted to thank you for sharing your experience and staying with us. We appreciate it and look forward to having you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We chose the hotel based on its proximity to the White Plains Metro so we could attend a graduation at Yankee Stadium. The room was clean and accomodated my husband and two daughters comfortably, but we could have used extra blankets and pillows. The fourth floor was noisy, directly underneath of (our guess) rooftop air conditioning units which ran all night long. I phoned the front desk around 3 AM asking if they could do anything about it and was told it would have to wait until morning. The breakfast buffet was fresh and filling...all in all, the air conditioning unit was the only negative, and it was a good value. The hotel offered a free shuttle to the metro stop, and the driver skillfully got us to our train on time.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower floor in the summer months. The air conditioning unit on the roof humms all night long. I would recommend this hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DHL4457

Dear valued guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your experience. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. In addition, please know that your comments and will be addressed.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to having you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I spent just an overnight at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised. The room was HUGE, very clean, and they had plenty of amenities I did not get to take advantage of. In the evening, they had a lovely dinner-like spread (including free wine!) as well as a great breakfast buffet in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Anthony D, General Manager at HYATT house White Plains, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to having you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Where do I start first of all I want to thank the wonderful team of hospitable individuals who take their time out to greet me like i'm Vip. If there is anything my client or myself needs they are lending a helping hand. And having access to all the amenities are a plus. I am on a job assignment and I am enjoying every bit that the hotel has to offer. The manager Anthony is a wonderful person to have come into contact with. I really thank and appreciate every staff here. Everyone is so helpful. Oh and the view in which it is located is awesome. Feels like I'm on vacation as well. Keep up the great work!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have a better poolside view
1  Thank Tamco368

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience. We appreciate it and look forward to sharing the information with the entire staff. We take pride in our service and look forward to assisting in any way.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here for a quick overnight trip. Was very happily surprised at the hotel. The hotel is close to the Westchester Airport, as well as convenient to White Plains shopping (The Westchester, Bloomies, Niemen Marcus, etc.

The room I had had two bedrooms with full baths, 's sitting area with TV, and a kitchen.

The exercise room was well furnished, and the buffet, while it didn't have a huge selection of foods, they were all cooked quite well.
The scrambled eggs were the best I've ever had. Go figure.

All in all, a very comfortable stay, at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Good evening. We wanted to thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We truly appreciate it and look forward to having you back in the near future.

All the best.