“The Best Ritz ever”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in White Plains
Red Hook, NY
“The Best Ritz ever”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Our stay this past weekend was the very best we've had at a Ritz, ever. The place is beautiful, the service and staff are just the best you can imagine. If you ever have a chance, stay here to learn just how great a hotel can be.

Room Tip: Ask for a Suite
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Arnold, Maryland
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I've stayed in a few RC's in my time and I'd have to say that these rooms are some of the most fresh/new I've been in. The bathrooms are new feeling with shower heads that aren't crusty. If you want to get a feel for how old things are in your room, look at the shower heads. On the other hand, the lobby bar isn't really a lobby bar. It's a room with a fireplace and some tables that don't accommodate big groups. There's table service but it can take awhile if there's a crowd. The doormen were somewhat distracted and not on top of things. Unusual for the NYC area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sticknrudder47
Babylon, New York
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This is our second time at the Ritz Westchester. It I now going to be an annual tradition for our wedding anniversary. From the minute we arrive it is a true Ritz Carlton treatment. Gary at the door remembered our names from last and he is always extremely friendly. Andrew at guest relations made it truly wonderful experience by giving us a free upgrade to one bedroom suite which is larger than most peoples apartments. They never disappoint by sending a half dozen complimentary chocolate covered strawberries to the room with a thoughtful note for our anniversary. No request is ever denied.This trip I left my toiletry bag at home and as any woman probably attest, this is a absolute tragedy for most women. However, seeing my distress the Manager and front desk personnel were ready to lend a hand by making sure I was able to get everything I needed so as not to ruin a trip my husband and I look forward to every year. The housekeeping staff is also extremely attentive and everyone is very friendly. We live in Long Island but since our anniversary is in February, trying to fly somewhere is always risky with the weather, so the Ritz in Westchester is the perfect getaway We are looking forward to next year already. In fact we are actually thinking of coming with my son in December as he is huge fan of luxury hotels and you don't get much better than this. Whether you are visiting NYC or White Plains, for the price the Ritz is the only place to stay.

Room Tip: If you can afford it the One Bedroom Suite and the Executive Suites are worth the price. We stayed...
Thornhill, Canada
Reviewed 11 February 2014

So we just got back from just a bad stay. I don't know where to begin.
When we arrived. Everything was amazing, they doorman and all the staff did a great job.
They even treated my kids to some cookies. And that was the best part of my stay.
Overall the staff are really nice and its a beautiful place in the centre of White Plains.
So location is amazing for shopping, food and everything you need.

From then on it was frustration after frustration.

The valet services never got our car out on time and even lost the keys to our car. It took 30+ min on average to get my car out in the morning or evening. And having to ask for our car several times before it would show up.

I took my kids for breakfast and it took 40 minutes to get eggs and they got the order wrong. The waiter apologized and tried to make it up by bringing us some fruit.
And my breakfast was not even made to order. I wasn't prepared to wait another 30 min to get a new order out.

Our bathroom was backed up and I had to call 3 times to have someone fix the problem.

When we called for our rooms to be cleaned later in the day, the took the garbage and left all the dirty dishes in our room from the day before. So a half job was done.
We also ran out of TP in the bathroom on the second day without a spare to be found.

In addition we had gift baskets left for us by our families and we only received half of them.

I feel that this place is highly mismanaged and people only know how to say sorry really well.
Unfortunately with that many mistakes in 2 days its not worth the stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are really nice here.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Erez Z
RC_Westchester1, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you for sharing your experiences about our hotel. Your comments are extremely important to me. I personally apologize for not meeting your expectations and I look forward to resolving these opportunities with my ladies and gentlemen and making our hotel a better place in the future.
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I have been to the majority of the JW Marriott and Ritz Carlton properties. I have to admit this is probably one of the absolute best. The hotel and grounds was immaculate and the staff starting with Allie at check in was A++++. These people go way above and beyond their job responsibility. I don't think I remember a better tuned group of people working together to ensure a great guest experience. The room was simply perfect, beyond clean and very well appointed. The food in the hotel lobby, breakfast in our case, was of the highest quality meals in recent memory.

Albany, New York
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Really nice hotel. Clean, excellent service, great rooms. Housekeeping staff does a great job of making the room look fresh and clean every day. Comfortable beds, nice TVs, plenty of room to work at the desk. Outlets at desk level. Good workout facilites and good steak house. Walls are a little thin so if your neighbor is noisey the experience declines.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Will A
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed at the Ritz White Westchester on our way North. It is a little out of the way, but a great place to stop and have a superior room and dining options. The lobby and common areas are warm and inviting and the rooms are traditional Ritz style. The staff were helpful with directions and made our stay our new favorite stop when heading North or South of NYC.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
#5 of 8 in White Plains
Castle Hotel & Spa
Castle Hotel & Spa
#5 of 7 in Tarrytown

Been to The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester? Share your experiences!