I have stayed at many IHG properties, including many Crowne Plazas, and I was quite disappointed in this stay. Given the location, I knew it would be expensive, but, I thought that more items would be included as standard, particularly for Platinum members. The line for check-in took 15 minutes. Parking is expensive. And the 'bonus choices' for being a Platinum member are a joke. A free bottle of water? Really? I get two of this AND a granola bar at Holiday Inn Express.
Room service was expensive, but, well, worth it after a long drive.
The biggest tick-off? No free WiFi. At every other IHG property I have been to, WiFi has been free for Platinum members. Thank goodness I have an iPad with cellular service, because I was not willing to pay the WiFi fee.
This is also the first CP I have been to where I have not been given a free breakfast.
I can't say service was terrific, either. Once I made it through the long check-in line, I turned in a tax exempt form and was told it could only be used with a company credit card. When I pointed out that it was, indeed, a company card, and that it was printed on the credit card, I got a dead look and was told they would have to make a photocopy. Fine. But, first time that has happened.....and I stay in 50+ hotels each year.
The room was clean (save for a stain on the comforter) and comfortable. The tub was slow to drain with the shower, however.
While the comfort was there, I don't plan on returning. I would rather add extra travel time to my schedule and stay a bit further up in Westchester or even change brands for a stay in the region. The value here is just not there.
Note that my most recent hotel stay (three days earlier) was at a different Crowne Plaza where I was upgraded to a suite, was greeted warmly as a Platinum member, my tax exempt paperwork was taken without issue, I had free parking, free WiFi, and was given a huge fruit tray as an evening snack for being Platinum. I guess location does matter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza White Plains Hotel is situated in downtown White Plains, NY, the heart of Westchester County. This White Plains New York hotel is only 30 minutes from Manhattan. Perfect for business and leisure travelers alike, it's accross the street from world class shopping at The Westchester Mall with Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom, among other fine retailers. New York Airports - La Guardia, JFK and Newark, are all easily accessible from the hotel. If you are planning a meeting, the Crowne Plaza White Plains Westchester Hotel is 'The Place to Meet' with the Crowne meetings director to work with you hand in hand until your event is completed. We'll ensure that you have one point of contact for all of your needs during your events by providing a daily meetings debrief. This Crowne Plaza White Plains NY hotel promises a better meetings experience for the meeting planner and a better night's sleep for the meeting attendees and guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown Hotel White Plains
- White Plains Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown Westchester County