“Ideal stay.”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in White Plains
Sligo
“Ideal stay.”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Had a wedding in Chelsea Piers so this was handy to avoid overpriced hotels in Manhattan plus we were flying from La Guardia the next morning. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The only negative was some construction work that was fairly loud in the morning but not alot they could do about that. The Crowne Plaza group are generally fairly consistent with good service and where possible we try to use them.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
CPWPD, General Manager at Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear IrishPurple:

Thank you very much for the time you took to write a review following your recent visit. We're very pleased that you found your stay ideal.

Outside construction, sirens, loud trucks, dogs barking...these are any hotel's worst enemy! There's no construction ongoing around the hotel that we're aware of, so we regret if there was some during your visit.

Thank you for your business and we certainly hope to welcome you back again soon.

Scott de Savoye ~ General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

I went to White Plains for business. This was the cheapest hotel option my company could find.
I was surprised by the kindness of Emily, the person in charge of the transportation, who helped me a lot when i needed to get to or from the office.
I was also not expecting to have breakfast included, and it did, and it was a good buffet.
The room was nice, with everything you need.
The only thing to improve was the heating machine, which was very noisy.
I would come back if i visit again White Plains.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Pangelmar:

We are grateful for the time taken to write a review and for your feedback. Thank you!

We too are fond of Emily and I know all of us here appreciate that you mentioned her personally.

We hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon.

Tampa, FL
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Staff is friendly and helpful, hotel is clean and as expected from Crown Plaza. Conveniently located near local restaurants and shops. Breakfast buffet is above=average. They do have a shuttle from the Westchester Airport.

Room Tip: Request a high floor due to some limited road noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tampa74
CPWPD, General Manager at Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Tampa74:

We are very appreciative for your time in writing a review following your recent visit...thank you!

Needless to say, we are humbled by your wonderful and concise review, and we know our associates are grateful for your observations that we are friendly and helpful.

We sincerely value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back as our guest again soon.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I was needlessly concerned after reading some negative reviews. My husband and I stayed for a family event over Thanksgiving weekend and we were pleased with this property. They had a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport that ran every 30 minutes. The room was immaculate with a very comfortable bed and better than average bed linens. It had a in room safe and a small refrigerator. The location was ideal. Directly across the street from a really nice shopping mall. Neimans, Nordstroms etc. Also walking distance to many nice restaurants. The fitness center has new equipment. Small but nice.
The only negatives were poor service in the dining room for breakfast the one morning we ate there. They did have a nice buffet. I also don't like in room air/heat units but this one at least had a thermostat. Overall good stay!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank brenda40024
Dear brenda 40024:

On behalf of all of us here, we acknowledge and thank you so much for the time taken to write a review.

We are of course delighted you found the Crowne Plaza White Plains to be a great location and that your room was immaculate. I know our Housekeeping team works very hard to ensure nothing but top-notch cleanliness!

We appreciate your comments regarding the concerns about breakfast service...we will certainly be discussion that with our service team.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

California
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I have stayed in Crown Plaza before but this has a bonus, it is connected to a great mall. The club is fully equipped and managed very well. It has a wonderful view, it was fall, so the trees were changing colors. The rooms are extremely clean. The hotel is walking distance to a lot of restaurants. Beds are beyond comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sibelcay
CPWPD, General Manager at Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Sibelcay:

We gratefully acknowledge and thank you for valuable time in writing a review.

Of course we're very pleased you found our property to be a great business hotel with clean rooms and comfortable beds. You should expect no less!

We really appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Needham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I travel a lot for my work and I have NEVER written a negative review... until today. Perhaps it was just a really bad weekend for the property, but the number of negative service interactions was astounding, and really indicated a problem with the way that management expects their staff to interact with patrons.
The recap.... I stayed at the hotel on Friday night in October, 2013, arriving quite late in the evening. The driveway was clogged with cars, taxis honking their horns, and generally frustrated drivers with no one in sight to help figure out how to get folks moving. Once inside, there was one bedraggled desk attendant trying to help a line of 6 guests all trying to check in. Simultaneously, there were several large, and raucous groups leaving social events; only making the parking situation worse. I had called the week before to ask for a roll-away bed for one of our kids, and called again 2 hours before arrival to see if they could just send it up to the room, as we were definitely coming, and would be there soon. Of coursem, that did not happen... When we did check-in, the front desk staff attendant was not pleased with the request for the roll-away and was dismissive of the request. When I persisted that we needed it, she said it will be delivered when they could get to it. As it was already midnight, I said it would be great if they could get it to the room soon, so that the kids could get to bed.
Cutting to the chase.... We were given a room in a strange corner of the building that had the most incredibly narrow hallway, and no space on either side of the beds in the room. I knew there was no way a roll away would fit, so I called down to the lady at the desk, and was summarily dismissed...."we put beds in that room every day, sir." Of course the housekeeper did not arrive until after our 4th call, and 40 minutes after we arrived. He took one look at the room, and said "The bed is not going to fit". I said that is what we had been telling the front desk for the past 40 minutes. After he got into an argument with the front desk, he hands the phone to me and the lady at the desk said, "well what would you like do? I can refund the charge for the roll-away if you would like." Very generous of her.... I said that her suggestion was absurd, that we had reserved the roll-away since we had kids who needed it, and that she should find a room that we could use where the bed would fit. Ultimately she did... It was 15 feet away from the room she had assigned us.
My question for her and the management of the property is, why would they not trust that their guest was not trying to take advantage of them? The amount of time the overworked front desk attendant spent trying to avoid doing the simple thing of providing a room consistent with the reservation was ridiculous, wasting the time of myself, my family, her and her housekeeping staff. I asked the housekeeper whether I could speak to the manager on duty, and he told me that, of course, it was the lone attendant at the front desk.
The property really needs to rethink how it staffs its front desk on busy weekend evenings. This was the most atrocious level of hotel service I have experienced in decades, and that includes stays at pretty suspicious motels in less attractive neighborhoods. The Crowne Plaza should be able to do much better.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms adjacent to the elevators; loud and incredibly tight space.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank fsr02492
CPWPD, General Manager at Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear fsr02492:

We really appreciate the time you've taken to write a concise and detailed review following your stay with us.

Quite simply, the rollaway bed should have been in your room upon arrival (and obviously in a room where it would fit well). Any of us would have been frustrated too considering it was late at night and you had children in tow.

On behalf of our entire employee group, please accept our apologies for the clear inconvenience caused to you and your family.

We can assure you genuine hospitality is our top priority and certainly we will use your experiences as a training tool to avoid a reoccurrence.

We can only hope you'll reconsider returning to our hotel again in the future..."rest assured".

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I travel 3-4 days out the week every week for work and this is one of the best hotels yet! Very modern, quiet and extremely clean. I stayed 2 nights here and will be back again. Restaurant in he hotel, Outback across the street and Cheesecake Factory directly around the corner. Parking was safe and can be charged to your room also. As an IHG member I had a pick of a few things also. For all those ppl who did complain I really don't know what they expected other than someone to treat them like the prince of zamunda (coming to America). Front desk staff was friendly and processed everyone quickly with a smile. Maike (not sure if I spelled her name right) was awesome. I say stay and be surprised at how great it is!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
CPWPD, General Manager at Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Brenda T:

On behalf of all my colleagues here we extend a big THANK YOU for the wonderful review, and for the time you've taken to go on-line.

Naturally we're very pleased your stay was awesome and for sure we will happily acknowledge our Guest Services Representative Maike for the recognition so deserved.

We value your business very much and we look forward to having you back as our guest again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near White Plains
Doral Arrowwood
Doral Arrowwood
#1 of 2 in Rye Brook
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson

Been to Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown? Share your experiences!