“Great place to stay”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in White Plains
Tallahassee, Florida
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Crowne plaza has been a second home for me for the past 11 months I like staying on the lounge floor, everyone is so friendly. The housekeeping lady always has a smile, and my room is always freshly clean. I spend my mornings and evenings in the lounge with Andrea she is truly fantastic always makes me my coffee before I even ask for it, she is a great asset to the hotel everyone in the lounge seems to just love her. For my birthday being away from my family, Andrea remembered and surprised me with a cupcake and a candle, little things like that make all the difference when your away from loved ones. I'm going to miss not seeing my Crowne plaza family I have learned to love. This is a wonderful place to stay the staff is great.

I read the review below and I do admit that the food could use a little more improvement its the same food week after week. Other than that everything was wonderful.

• Stayed April 2014
CPWPD, General Manager at Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Jlawfl:

We wish to acknowledge and thank you for taking the time to write an on-line review.

We're so pleased you enjoy staying with us and consider us your 'Second Home'! Certainly we too are very proud of our employees and we will give Andrea a big BRAVO for her efforts.

We will of course share your comments with our culinary team to ensure a variety of food and beverage offerings.

We are sincerely grateful for your continued patronage, and look forward as always to your return.

Scott de Savoye ~ General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is a business hotel if you work in one of the offices in the area. For leisure, this hotel is not too conveniently located. There's only one shopping mall across the street, but it closes at 6pm on Sunday, and I think 8 or 9pm on weekdays. The area feels like a dead town by sunset, considering it's NY state. The walk to the train station is about 20 - 30 mins, depending on your walking speed, and it's not that easy to flag a taxi from the hotel. The hotel atmosphere is not energizing and rather somber I must say. The rooms look dated, and there's a hole in my bedsheet. The bedding overall is not too comfortable either. I think this hotel can use some makeover. But overall, if you're staying here for a business trip, it's probably a good enough hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Julie M:

Thank you for writing a review following your recent visit. We apologize if there were issues with the quality of your linens...we regularly get very positive feedback about the quality of bedding.

Taxis in White Plains are plentiful, but like any city the weather, combined with time of day, can delay their arrival to the hotel.

We appreciate your business and certainly hope to welcome you back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Let me start off with saying the hotel is in a great location the renovations are wonderful.
Now about my experience checking in was a bit tricky the staff is still inconsistent some are nice, some seem clueless.
I have been staying On the 12 floor, room is nice and clean. I do want to recognize the ladies In the lounge Andrea and Sonia both are so wonderful they provide you with great service making you right at home, which for me is very important since I'm constantly traveling. Even though both ladies are wonderful I was upset with the food choices offered in the evening. Even though I am a platinum member I am paying the extra price for staying on the lounge floor the food leaves more to be desired!! Its HORRIBLE! Does the chef have any culinary expertise? I feel like if I am paying extra It's for a reason. There should be a variety for travelers that stay at the hotel for weeks at a time. I come back for the home feel your servers provide, but someone should pay attention at the menu options you provide for paying guest.

• Stayed May 2014
CPWPD, General Manager at Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Sandrinem68:

We acknowledge and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We apologize if the check-in process is inconsistent...it shouldn't be. We are constantly honing our hospitality skills yet we're very proud of our young guest services representatives. Certainly our young front desk team will be saddened to read a review referring to them as clueless.

Our Executive Chef with 20+ years of service will most assuredly review the variety and quality of the Club Lounge offerings.

We hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel overnight on a wedding night of a close friend. The room was clean and well-stocked with above average toiletries. The bathroom was of decent size and modern furnishings. The room is well-maintained and quiet despite being close to the elevator. The beds are among the industry's finest and truly offered a restful sleep. I was not able to try the restaurant or the other hotel amenities. To access the guest room, you will have to use your room key to activate the elevator which is good for security purposes; however, it can be annoying if you are staying with a big group requiring your entire party to get room keys to access the elevator; unless you do not mind lending your room key all the time. Parking can be expensive. Luckily, the couple who had their wedding shouldered the parking fee. When I asked the lady at the front desk regarding any parking fees, she mentioned that there is a parking fee rate despite the validated, free parking shouldered by the wedding couple. It seems odd and frustrating that there seemed to be a discrepancy regarding parking. I just wish that it was clearer for guests attending a wedding and staying at the hotel. Overall, a very good hotel in downtown White Plains.

Room Tip: Make sure to clarify parking fees by calling the hotel directly.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
CPWPD, General Manager at Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear SouthPhillyPT19148:

We gratefully acknowledge and thank you for the time taken to write a review of the Crowne Plaza White Plains.

All of us here appreciate that you encountered a clean room with well-stocked with above average toiletries. We agree too that our beds are among the industry's finest and truly offered a restful sleep!

Regarding the confusion on the parking, we apologize for that - your comments will certainly be shared with our guest services associates to ensure no confusion in the future. Overnight parking should be very straight forward.

We hope to welcome you back as our guest again very soon. Thank you for the feedback.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stay at this hotel primarily due to its location. I know what to expect from a quick check in process, clean room, familiar decor, quiet room and a lovely concierge. However, there is always a little something annoying. This visit (May 2 and 3) the room cards didn't work properly. I had to go to the desk three times to have it corrected. When getting my car from the valet, they asked me to pay but the charge is always on my bill. Getting it corrected took more of my time. It seems that ever since this hotel was redecorated and the front desk staff changed, that operations just don't flow. I know not to expect the Ritz but I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Karmaisfive:

On behalf of all our associates, we thank you very much for the detailed review.

We are of course pleased you experience a quick check in process, clean room, familiar decor, quiet room and a lovely concierge (Emily). We regret and apologize for the key cards not working as they should...we did recently experience a tech "glitch" that was remedied fairly quickly (technology is great...when it works)!

We will share your comments with the Valet Parking Company that services our hotel; certainly the process shouldn't be complicated and should definitely not waste your precious time.

We remain very grateful for your continued patronage, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

NJ
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed here on a chilly April weekend with my daughter for a non-business convention that took place at the hotel.

First, make sure to turn onto Hale Avenue itself for the hotel high rise parking. It is on the right after the hotel entrance. I followed the nav and turned the block before, with a random choice of garages - wound up parking in one and walking all around until asking in the hotel and finding out I had to move my car.

Check-in was unusually chaotic. There was no orderly place to stand for the next available agent, so it was a matter of pushiness and luck. It was ok once you got to an agent, but you would think somebody in management would have taken charge of the situation.

The elevator situation was a pleasant surprise - usually with a convention I expect to have problems but we rarely had to wait more than a few minutes.

We attended one hotel catered dinner - food was OK but service was basically leave the food and run away. We never did get the one roll that the table was shorted and forget about refills on anything. The two breakfasts were the same - prepared plate put down and goodbye. I realize that the conference people set the food orders, but there were plenty of wait staff around that could have refilled coffee, water, etc or asked if anyone needed bread or rolls.

Room was fine - nice but not exceptional. There are individual thermostats for temperature control. Bed was reasonably comfortable. We received free WiFi as a member of the hotel chain loyalty program, so be sure to sign up if you plan on staying.

The hotel is walking distance to several stores and restaurants, but you will need transportation to the convention center or train station.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
CPWPD, General Manager at Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear DestinationMoon:

On behalf of all our associates, we thank you for the time taken to write a comprehensive review following your recent visit.

We regret that the check-in was unusually chaotic. There are times where, by coincidence, large groups arrive at the very same time. This clearly presents challenges and we will see about better coordinating the lines when we have so many arrive at the same time.

Thank you as well for the observations on the banquet service. We will be using your comments at our next training session to ensure, even in a banquet setting, that individual attention is paid to each, well, individual!

We really appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon.

Ascot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is my 5th stay at this hotel so far this year and it is a mixed bag. Check in is very spotty some excellent and some very poor. Sometimes my IHG platinum status is recognised and sometimes not. NEVER been offered an upgraded room or access to the lounge (not included even though I am IHG platinum) and do not even get allocated one of the better rooms (I have stayed here so many times I know most of the rooms types).

Emily on the concierge desk is FANTASTIC and it is worth staying here just for her friendliness and excellent help.

Soundproofing in the rooms is very poor and the air conditioning units very loud so a good nights sleep is sometimes hard to get.

Location is excellent just across the road form the Westchester mall and there are a number of very good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear NWS1959:

We are grateful for the time you've taken to write a review of our services and facilities. Thank you very much for that.

We do apologize for the inconsistencies you've experienced. We are certainly working towards far better consistency at the reception desk - we've had a fair degree of turn-over of late and we offer this to you not as an excuse, but as a potential explanation.

IHG recently standardized the "local extras" that we offer our Gold & Platinum IHG Rewards Club members.

We think Emily on the concierge desk is FANTASTIC too! Emily is a true ambassador; not only of the hotel but to the great State of New York.

We will share your comments with Engineering to see to that HVAC unit you refer to.

We are very grateful indeed for your continued patronage, and wish you a safe trip (back) to beautiful White Plains for your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near White Plains
Doral Arrowwood
Doral Arrowwood
#2 of 2 in Rye Brook
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh

Been to Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown? Share your experiences!