“Nice Hotel for the Area”

Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in White Plains
San Antonio, Texas
“Nice Hotel for the Area”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza for a business trip with several co-workers. Location was in good proximity for our needs. Hotel lobby area was updated and staff were friendly. Room was nice but not up to par with other Crowne Plaza properties I have stayed at before. I did not have an opportunity to eat at the hotel so I cannot speak to the food quality. Overall a good hotel but not overly impressive.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
CPWPD, General Manager at Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear es_in_tx:

Many thanks for the time taken to write a review of our services and facilities.

We are pleased you thought our hotel was nice and our staff friendly.

We are grateful for your patronage and do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Scott de Savoye ~ General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I was here for two nights to attend a wedding mid- April. In a advance of my arrival the front desk was helpful and directed me to a reasonable and reliable JFK airport shuttle.

My room on the second floor was spacious and had a comfortable bed and had the usual amenities including a safe. Free wifi in the room was fast and stable. The room and bathroom appeared to be clean but the sleeping area had a mildew odor. If the pre and post wedding festivities hadn't been so hectic, I would have reported it to the front desk and I would have asked for a room change. However, I am reporting it here because to me, it reflects on the quality of the hotel.The hotel or housekeeping should have noticed a mildew smell on their own so hence I gave the hotel a 3 instead of a 4.
Location was great. It is less than a one minute walk to the front door of Nordstrom's and tow minute walk to eateries such as the Cheesecake Factory and for snacking a couple of blocks from a Whole Foods Market. Wedding brunch provided at the hotel was delicious.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Berniniphile:

We gratefully acknowledge and thank you for writing a review following you visit in April. We are pleased you found our location good with comfortable beds and spacious rooms.

We are of course concerned about the mildew odor in the room and have had our engineering team investigated this thoroughly. We've never had a mildew odor problem before and have had no reports from our Room Attendants, who usually reported everything as they take great pride in the quality of their rooms! Nevertheless we apologize to you for this and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

We do appreciate your business and do hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed here in February for a business trip to White Plains. I've never been to that area before. The Westchester County airport is small (so very convenient to get in and out of) and the drive to the hotel was quick. Maybe 15 minutes.

The hotel is next door to what looked like an upscale mall and an Outback Steakhouse among other things. I was only there for one night so I didn't have the opportunity to explore really.

The hotel has valet parking or a parking garage across the street. Since I didn't arrive until late evening I used valet. I believe it was around $15?

The hotel check-in was uneventful. There is a small lobby with seating, a nice open business center with maybe 6-8 computers and a bar/restaurant connected to that. I did go down and eat at the bar. I had a pasta dish with vegetables in it and it was a large portion. I couldn't finish it all.l Service was great.

My room was fantastic. Very modern and quite large, and had a little side offshoot with windows where the desk was. I was near the end of the hallway so perhaps that's why my room was oddly shaped. Very functional room, tons of outlets, beautiful bathroom. I just have no complaints at all about the room.

I asked about breakfast and they said there was a breakfast buffet but it was $15-20 I think the front desk person said, so I didn't do that. I just grabbed something from the little sundry area.

Since I was staying on business and this was the recommended hotel with a contracted rate for my company the cost didn't really matter to me, but if I had been staying on pleasure I probably wouldn't have stayed here due to the pricey valet and food costs. But I think that area is just pricey in general so that's not necessarily their fault!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear JennyM777:

On behalf of all our associates we acknowledge and thank you for the time taken to write a review.

We're naturally very pleased you found our room beautiful; the room you were in is a Deluxe-category which is as you point out great with the extra work space.

Our hotel does have covered self-parking that is adjacent to the hotel and is accessible to the hotel lobby. Valet is of course another option.

We very much appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Clifton Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here, while visiting my brother in White Plains. I can't believe I didn't know about this hotel sooner, I was very pleased with it. It is right across the street from the Westchester, which is this nice upscale mall, that we walked to and a quick walk to Mamaroneck Avenue, where all of the restaurants and bars are. Considering all of the reviews are mixed, I am glad we stayed here and would definitely return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
CPWPD, General Manager at Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear LoneRock:

Many thanks indeed for the time you've taken to write a review.

We are very pleased you and your Husband selected our humble inn during your visit in beautiful White Plains. We always hear about our great location, and we're glad you found it perfect for your needs as well. And of course, we're glad too that stayed and would definitely return!

We really appreciate your business and look forward to your return in the near future.

Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 weeks. Nothing really special - all the expected features of a big modern hotel catering for business folk. Double rooms are spacious with all the usual features (safe, coffee maker, digital clock, desk at which to work, free wifi, plenty of storage for clothes, etc.). I stayed on the 10th floor overlooking the Westchester Mall and I-287 highway, but noise from the highway wasn't too bad (not a problem at all during the night). Breakfast is relatively simple (usual bacon, omlettes, croissants, etc.) - not too much choice but fine if you're on the go. The little bar just next to the lobby served a small range of meals - but good value and tasty. Really attentive staff. If you are travlling from the UK, Emily who organizes transportation from her lobby desk loves to receive canal boating magazines.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear JGT1964:

On behalf of all of us here we thank you for writing an on-line review.

We're of course pleased you found our rooms to be spacious and the 'Morning Mix Cafe' to be good value and tasty. Really attentive staff is of course precisely what we are striving for, and Emily our Chief Concierge will be delighted to read your suggestion on the canal boating magazines!

We are truly grateful for your patronage and sincerely hope to welcome you back again soon.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

People were nice; hotel was clean; service was good. Pool was nice to have at this location. It's what one might expect from a Crown Plaza. Staff is trained to give good, not great service. Linens and towels are second rate. Small room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Richard P:

Thank you very much for the time taken to write a review. We really appreciate the feedback.

We're delighted you encountered nice people, a clean hotel and good service.

We certainly strive daily to move our service levels from 'good' to 'great' and will keep working on that.

Thank you for your business and we do hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon.

Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Crowne plaza has been a second home for me for the past 11 months I like staying on the lounge floor, everyone is so friendly. The housekeeping lady always has a smile, and my room is always freshly clean. I spend my mornings and evenings in the lounge with Andrea she is truly fantastic always makes me my coffee before I even ask for it, she is a great asset to the hotel everyone in the lounge seems to just love her. For my birthday being away from my family, Andrea remembered and surprised me with a cupcake and a candle, little things like that make all the difference when your away from loved ones. I'm going to miss not seeing my Crowne plaza family I have learned to love. This is a wonderful place to stay the staff is great.

I read the review below and I do admit that the food could use a little more improvement its the same food week after week. Other than that everything was wonderful.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Jlawfl:

We wish to acknowledge and thank you for taking the time to write an on-line review.

We're so pleased you enjoy staying with us and consider us your 'Second Home'! Certainly we too are very proud of our employees and we will give Andrea a big BRAVO for her efforts.

We will of course share your comments with our culinary team to ensure a variety of food and beverage offerings.

We are sincerely grateful for your continued patronage, and look forward as always to your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near White Plains
Residence Inn White Plains Westchester County
Doral Arrowwood
Doral Arrowwood
#1 of 2 in Rye Brook

Been to Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown? Share your experiences!