Residence Inn White Plains Westchester County
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in White Plains
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The rooms are bigger than my apartment at home (and cleaner). I was laughing so hard the first time I had entered the room - I have not expected to have that much space and 2 TV`s all to myself. But that is not what makes this place excellent. It`s the staff. The service they provide to you, the advice they give you, and all the small stuff you see everywhere in the hotel - starting from breakfast, free tea/coffee at all times, restaurant next door... Overall, you can feel the atmosphere in here is good. Although there was a construction work going on, did not bother me at all (have been on the 1st floor). The cleaning ladies were proactive with vacuum cleaning in the morning, but since I had been suffering first 2 days form a jet lag, I did not mind... And then figured out that I can close the door to my room and than hear nothing.
Also, it`s convenient and walking distance to both shopping malls and the center, plus it takes you like 7 minutes to get to train station in case you want to go to NY.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Daeena
Jay F, General Manager at Residence Inn White Plains Westchester County, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay and provide feedback for us. We are happy to hear that the spacious suite, convenient location and the service we provided was above and beyond your expectations. Please let us know if you are ever returning to the area, and we will ensure that your stay is even better then the last. Thank you!

Jay Finney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The hotel itself is great like most well run hotels in its category. I am a business traveler and I stay in many hotels across various chains. I encountered the best front office associate I have ever met in this hotel. His name is Robert.
From the beginning he was friendly, courteous and professional. He explained everything from parking to dinner in detail but efficiently. He predicted my questions and needs and met or exceeded them. AND he did all that with a big smile and lots of enthusiasm. He is better than front desk at the Ritz, four seasons or mandarin. Mr. Finney, you have a great asset at your front desk where first impression is key, you got a winner!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Joe L
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

the overall accommodations were very satisfactory. I had a separate bedroom with a king size bed, separate bathroom, living room and kitchen The breakfast in the morning could not have been any better plenty of variety.

The staff was good, especially the front desk personnel by the name of ROBERT KHOURY. He always was very helpful to all issues I needed addressed.

I think this holel would be an excellent choice.

Once again many thanks to Robert Khoury for making my stay a pleasant one.

Room Tip: comer suites are large and suny
Green Features: environmentally practices are great no smoking was great since I don't smoke
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank patriciajeter
Dear Valued Guest-

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience and stay with us. We are excited to hear that your stay was a memorable one and we hope to see you back in the future. We appreciate the praise of our front desk staff as well and I will make certain to recognize them for their efforts. Thanks Again!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I am not one to write reviews, but I have to tell you if you are fortunate to stay in White Plains, you want to stay at this hotel. The staff they have is great right done to the maintenance men. Michael, Sheldon, Robert, Christopher and the 2 Kelly’s (yes there are 2 ladies named Kelly).These guys got your back your stay will be great. I have been staying there for the last 6 months and they make me feel as if I am home and important and checking in for the first time. Anything you need you just ask them, they service you with a smile. Marriott is lucky to have them.
The property is being renovated this is the reasing for the very good rating.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Nicey57
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel because it adjoined the office building we visited during our business trip. The hotel was ok and convenient, the rooms were large, but in need of a renovation. My room had a separate bedroom, living space and kitchen. There were signs stating that the renovation for the hotel began January 2014 and we saw the workers, but it was not bothersome. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The hotel was completely adequate for our needs.

Room Tip: The hotel is about 15 minutes from the local airport. The corner room I was given was nice, many wi...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank FredPT
Jay F, General Manager at Residence Inn White Plains Westchester County, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience here. We were happy to hear that the renovation did not inconvenience you during your time here. We hope to see you return in the future as renovation is nearing completion each and every day. We will be certain to get you in a brand new room as well. Thanks again for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Los Angeles
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Prior reviews have it right. The location is terrific, the staff is friendly and the beds are comfortable. The furnishings, hallways, doors, etc. are shabby and await the promised renovation.

Breakfast was good. Fitness center is small. I had no problem getting on one of the two elipticals at 6am (plus 2 treadmills and a bike), but I could imagine a potential traffic jam later in the day.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Mblaca
Dear valued guest-

We very much appreciate your feedback and we hope you will return in the near future to enjoy are fully renovated guest rooms. We should be fully complete with the work in the next 6 weeks and it is looking Fantastic thus far. We were happy to hear the exercise facilities were convenient for you and you were able to stick to your daily routine while you were here. Thanks again for staying and thank you so much for the review. We hope to see you soon.

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stayed here for one night this November after staying here a few years ago. Again it was a positive experience. Sure, the rooms and halls need renovation, but that's being worked on. Lobby and restaurant already look awesome, so cannot wait to get back after everything is done.
Beds are comfortable, staff is very friendly and the breakfast buffet is a real treat!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Renaissance Westchester Hotel
Doral Arrowwood
Doral Arrowwood
#1 of 2 in Rye Brook

Been to Residence Inn White Plains Westchester County? Share your experiences!