“Business hotel with an outstanding staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Renaissance Westchester Hotel

Renaissance Westchester Hotel
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in White Plains
White Plains, New York
“Business hotel with an outstanding staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Expect to be treated like a VIP here by the friendliest staff. From the front desk to the window cleaners, you are greeted and made to feel welcome. Great lobby and area to sit and meet both inside and out!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator can be quite a walk!
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Melanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Westchester Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Jane T,
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and hope you visit us again soon.

Delighed,
Melanie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have stayed here several times over the past few months, and it is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I used the mobile check in and when I arrived, Leticia welcomed me saying "we've been expecting you!". She and Melanie went out of their way to thank me and make me feel welcome. Couldn't have a asked for a better welcoming.

Dinner in the. Bar was very good. Leslie went out of her way to take care of me. The R burger was fabulous.

Would highly recommend this hotel.

Rooms
1 Thank Lronn H
Dear Lronn H,
Congratulations again for being our very first mobile check in guest! We hope you are enjoying your new ipad. Thank you for your kind note and we hope we will see you again soon. I will be sure to pass this along to our team. Thanks again!

White Plains, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I wanted to share my outstanding experience at the Renaissance Westchester Hotel; uncharacteristically my suit was wrinkled when I removed it from my suitcase and I thought beyond salvation given that dry-cleaning would not be able to have my suit back until well after I needed to depart the hotel for a day of appointments. But....given the service offerings at the Renaissance I took a chance and called the front desk and asked for help; after a few moments I received a return call and the staff found someone in their contingent that knew how to iron a suit. Melanie Cancela not only ironed my suit by morning, but it looked better than the last time I had worn it.

I had to meet my savior in person to thank her and was even more impressed when she accepted my thanks, but refused monetary reward.

I am impressed by the hotel over all from the food to the fitness center and without a doubt the service - all the staff has been well above the standard and I will stay here again the next time I am in the area.

Location
Dear Mike F,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor, I am so glad we were able to assist with your suit, we hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Westchester!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed at the Renaissance Westchester for two nights. While it is an older building (it used to be the old Stouffer Hotel), everything seems fresh, new and updated. And the staff are all great - very accommodating and professional. The first room I was given (a small-ish queen room) had a strong, unpleasant odor. The desk staff very kindly found me another, larger room which was excellent - super clean, and very comfortable bed. And even though the hotel was quite full with various events (reunion, wedding) the room was very quiet The hotel grounds are spacious, and I took advantage of the very nice pool. The restaurant is certainly adequate (though not spectacular) but it also is a bit pricey so I would recommend taking meals elsewhere. As a Marriott rewards member I received free wifi, but I think there is usually a charge for this - not sure how much it is.
An excellent hotel and overall I had a great stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear explore with more,
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that our team took care of you during your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback.

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We needed a hotel in this area for our kids who were taking a nearby SWIM CAMP. This turned out to be a great option. Hotel was recently renovated and has a very nice lobby.

We stayed for 5 nights with our 2 kids. No problems and no extra charges. Rooms are very nice and lots of room. They are separated from the main lobby and parking, but not a problem. There is no free wi-fi in the rooms, but there is free wi-fi in the LOBBY. So you need to go to the main LOBBY to connect, which was not a problem. The LOBBY is inviting with lots of good seating areas.

Hotel has lots of extra activities which is good for a family. Nice outdoor sitting area, volleyball courts, horseshoes, etc. The hotel is located off the main highway in a nicely treed area with lots of green space. You feel like you are in the country, even though you are not. It was a nice place for us to relax each day after swim camp. Also a nice pool and exercise room.

The breakfast buffet was AMAZING. We managed to get a room that included breakfast for everyone, which was a great deal. We had a very enjoyable and big breakfast every morning.

Only downside is there are no nearby restaurants. We did not try the hotel itself, which did look pretty good.

Overall, felt like business travellers and conventions were the main clients, but we found it a really good family option as well and enjoyed our stay.

Sleep Quality
Dear Kirk0,

Thank you for your review. What great feedback! We appreciate you sharing your experiences and we hope you and your family visit again soon!

Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Renaissance Westchester because it was in between family in White Plains and Greenwich CT. We ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant with family twice, and had a gathering of 8 for lunch. The food and service was outstanding all 3 times.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Melanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Westchester Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Flaladytravels,
Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear you had a pleasant stay with us. We hope to see you again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We picked the Renaissance based on it's location to the Westchester County Airport. We actually stayed two nights, one at the beginning of our trip and one at the end. On both visits, we arrived late at night and the front staff was wonderful. They greeted us with smiles and were happy to answer any questions. The rooms were very clean and the amenities top notch. I only had two complaints: 1) if you need non-feather pillows - bring your own. I am allergic to down and after waiting for some time, I was finally informed there were no more foam pillows in the hotel. Sleeping on a rolled up towel just isn't quite the same; and 2) housekeeping comes very early. As I mentioned, we arrived very late on both nights and did not plan on leaving much before 9:30 the following morning. Unfortunately, on both occasions, housekeeping woke us at 8 am to clean the room (I guess I should have known better the second time). In short, may want to consider your own pillow and placing the do not disturb sign on the door - but definitely a place I would stay again.

3 Thank JennRosenblatt
Dear JennRosenblatt,

Thank you for your review! Please accept my apologies that you did not receive a foam pillow. Please know we have corrected this issue with our housekeeping department. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near White Plains
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester
Hilton Westchester
Hilton Westchester
#1 of 2 in Rye Brook

Been to Renaissance Westchester Hotel? Share your experiences!