“Journey to the past”

Skene Manor
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Whitehall
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Skene Manor is a beautiful 1874 Manor house with a fantastic Victorian Tea Room, free tours and great architecture.

Reviewed 2 February 2013

First up let me be honest , we didn't get to eat here , we didn't even know the place existed !!! Heading from Vermont to Niagara we crossed into NY State and came upon a little place called Whitehall. As we came into town I slammed on the brakes of my Chevy when I thought I saw my family name ? Boy, did I , the place used to be called Skenesborough Harbor ! I found Skene Valley Country Club, a US Navy Museum and Skene Manor.It appears my famous namesake was a big thing in Benedict Arnolds Navy during the War of Inderpendence and he kicked a few pommy backsides at that time. As it was early a.m. everything was closed and we had a tight timetable to keep but took some great photos and I intend to touch base with the locals and check up if I'm related to this revoluntionary hero , I like to think so !!! The Manor is located on a cliff top overlooking the river and town and is set in large grounds and has a great outlook so the view is first class. I intend to get back one day and maybe get a discount as a possible original owner of the Manor.

Reviewed 26 November 2012

This mansion has been lovingly restored by a host of volunteers and its really lovely. The grounds are beautiful, the views are spectacular, and the lunch was absolutely wonderful.

2  Thank Julie E