Extended Stay America - New York City - Laguardia Airport
Hotel de Point(Flushing)(Great Value!)
US$147
Travelocity
US$167
Flushing Motel(New York City)
US$138
US$179
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgrab and gocereal barsfront deskfull kitchenlaguardia airportroom was cleanneeded a place to stayperfect hotelgreat place to staypleasant stayshort staywhetstonekitchenettenycpetsstoverates
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This is a good place to stay if you need kitchen and are ready to travel that extra 30 mins to compensate for. Quite standard across in all the facilities except for this is bigger one. Good location, markets very nearby.
I checked in early and had to pay for whole day to ensure i get a room for sure after a long night flight from Seattle, I hope they could have charged only for half a day. I would have given 5 stars for this.
Rest all is as per the brand "extended stay"

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New York City - Laguardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the kitchens in the room were efficient for your needs. Also, I am glad to hear that you found our location to be ideal.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for my 3rd or 4th time this past weekend on a trip to NYC from DC. Things were off to a rocky start when I called to make my reservation at the Whitestone/LaGuardia location weeks prior to my trip and was booked instead at the White Plains location 45 minutes away in Westchester!! To make matters worse the rate for the White Plains location was almost $60/night cheaper so I was stuck with a more expensive hotel room bill at the last minute. All this and I wouldn't even have KNOWN about the snafu had I not called the hotel back to confirm my reservation. This was the last weekend of the US Open, which was also taking place in Queens, and I can't begin to tell you how angry I would have been had I showed up to the hotel after a 4 hour drive from DC and they had no room ready for me.

Now this was mostly the fault of the Extended Stay bookings line via their 800 number but nonetheless, not a good start. Upon arrival when I was billed for my stay I was informed of nearly $40/night in taxes and other fees on top of the room rate. Again, I had made sure to ask was the rate I was quoted including all taxes and fees and they said it was (800 line of Extended Stay). Of course we were none too happy with this.

Just as we thought things couldn't get worse we arrived to our room on the 4th floor of the hotel to find the peculiar smell of cigarette smoke. It was faint but noticeable. It didn't take me long to realize that we had been booked in a smoking room, as there was even an ashtray in the room and the windows had been left partially open to air out the room. I promptly requested a room change but we were informed that all the non-smoking rooms were booked. At this point we were quite upset and requested to speak with the manager at their earliest convenience. They stated the manager would call us on the morrow.

Well the manager didn't call us but we ended up calling them and they were fairly sympathetic to our concerns and ended up crediting us some of the hotel fees back to our card which was a nice gesture for repeat guests and helped smooth things over for the rest of our stay.

The reason why we enjoy staying here is you get twice as much room for half the price of a room in Manhattan. The parking is easy and reasonably priced, and you can save a ton of money by shopping at the Target next door and preparing meals in your hotel suite which has a full kitchen, sans oven, and all the accoutrements you'd need to prepare a meal. There is a bus right out front that takes you to the Flushing-Main Street Subway and Long Island Railroad which is super convenient so you're minutes from all the ethnic and local eateries of nearby Flushing/College Point.

The hotel is generally very clean, contemporary, with comfortable beds, ample TV channels, decent isolation, free- wifi, and COLD A/C. They have flat-screen TVs in the rooms now which I don't think they had when I first began staying there. They also now have a free shuttle to the airport for those who need it. Generally I'd say service is cordial if somewhat detached from the young women who work the front desk.

All-in-all they redeemed themselves and I look forward to returning to the hotel again when I can get a competitive rate.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank White2tn
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I did not make it to the hotel (due to a canceled and then rebooked flight that did not allow me time to get to the hotel), but the hotel VERY nicely refunded my money, even though it was not in keeping with their policy. For this reason alone I would come to stay here on a later trip!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Was traveling in route from Greece to Detroit with a family of 4 when our flight out of JFK got cancelled at 2 am in the morning. Next available flight was out of LaGuardia the next evening. Totally unfamiliar with the area, I called hotels.com and they set us up with this hotel, as all others in our price range were booked for the evening. This hotel was EXCELLENT! Our taxi driver for some reason had no idea how to get there and Junior at the front desk talked my husband through directions. (turned out very easy to find) When we arrived, Junior was a welcoming presence and made us immediately relieved that we had chosen this spot. The room was clean , spacious, quiet and felt like heaven after fearing we'd have to stay at the airport that evening. Room cleaning service was friendly. Front desk staff helped us get toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc since our luggage had been lost. Since we didn't get to sleep until 3 am that morning, we had slept through the express breakfast. No problem. The front desk attendant pulled us some delicious blueberry muffins from the back. The manager let us stay til 1 pm to allow us a place to stay until we had to be back at the airport, even though check out time is normally 11 am, with no fee! Easy walking distance to McDonald's , a grill restaurant, retail stores, supermarkets. Area was safe. They had free shuttle service to the airport (only a 10 minute drive!) and the driver was smiling and friendly just like the rest of the staff. Stay here. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We had 424. Very quiet b/c it's next to the electrical room so there's no one on one side of you.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New York City - Laguardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that enjoyed your stay with us. I am also very proud of our team for being so kind to you , we strive to provide excellent customer service for our guests and am glad we accomplished that for you.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

This is actually a review of Expedia.com. I made a reservation on this site for my daughter who had her flight delayed from NYC, she wasn't feeling well & needed somewhere to stay before flying out. I made a last minute reservation on Expedia for the Extended Stay which was confirmed & my credit card run. When my daughter called the hotel shortly after, they said Expedia overbooked that night by 10 rooms. If the rooms aren't available, my credit card shouldn't have been run by Expedia. Needless to say I won't be using them again...ever!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Meredith55
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New York City - Laguardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Meredith - The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to fulfill the reservation for your daughter which was made through Expedia. This is a truly disheartening situation, one which I wish could have been handled better. Still, in response, I am speaking with our 3rd party vendor to ensure this experience is not repeated.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. Please feel free to contact me directly, at lga@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.