“Always disappointing”

New Lucky Kitchen
Ranked #10 of 10 Restaurants in Whitney Point
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I'm ashamed to say I have been to this place more than once as I live in the village. I don't know why I keep going back. The wait time is ridiculous every time I go there. Tonight, I called my order in 15 minutes before I arrived and still had to wait 30 minutes after I got there. The people ahead of me had waited 30 and 45 minutes as well. The food is nothing special and I don't know what the other reviewer could mean by generous portions as all Chinese restaurants use the same size containers.

I think I've finally learned my lesson and will not return.

Reviewed 26 October 2012 via mobile

On any given night they serve a lot of people. Customers return again and again. The portions are generous; Nice clean restaurant, friendly service, good food. And no MSG!

Reviewed 18 October 2011

This establishment is in a small town off Interstae 81 between Binghamton and Syracuse NY.
They obviously cater to phone in orders and disregard the patrons who come in to order in person.
It was only after we gave the counter person our order that we were told mooshu pork would take at least 25 minutes. This was news to me so I said I would order something else . We wanted to get back on the road to get home before dark.
She said that she already called the mooshu order to the cook. This was in between 4 phone interruptions of her taking our order along with the phone orders.
So we took a walk in town and returned not realizing we had parked in a 10 minute parking zone.
Two hour parking in front of New Lucky Kitchen was curbside and full. Not only did we get a $25 parking ticket but the order was "forgotten". I asked for my money back as I paid cash and they insisted they would finish cooking the order. So another 25 minutes later we left in semi darkness with food we no longer cared to eat.
The Kung po, moo shu, dumplings, beef and broccoli, lo mein were okay but nothing to rave about.
I live an hour from this place and I will never go there again. They need to manage their kitchen better and take a few lessons in customer service.
I am at fault for the parking ticket but there was no apology from the clerk that we got the ticket because of the messed up order.
I will repeat - never again !

1  Thank chambord