“Thank Goodness for this hotel!”

La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Reviewed 1 January 2010

My family was traveling through Buffalo on our way home to Maine from Chicago. We had booked an overnight stop at the Rodeway Inn in Williamsville because my husband had points there. I can't describe how horrible the room at that hotel was. For the first time in our lives we demanded our money back and left...with no place to stay.

We called around to nearby hotels and they either were booked or they couldn't accommodate our dog. We headed down the road and saw the La Quinta. I went in - rooms were available and they were happy to let me see one before booking a night. Clean...well-maintained...dogs stay for free...we booked.

The 2 desk clerks were so nice & helpful ("have some fresh-baked cookies"), the room was basic but felt like the Hilton after seeing the Rodeway Inn! The breakfast in the morning looked substantial enough, but we were in a hurry to get on the road so we didn't stay and eat. Thank you, La Quinta! We make this trip every year and we will probably be back!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 November 2009

On a recent trip to Buffalo some friends and I stayed at La Quinta. The rooms are adequate but small but we did not have overly high expectations because of the price. We found the rooms to be relatively clean although the night clerk was not the most friendly person in the world. We were happy to see it was a completely smoke free environment. What spoiled my stay particularly was the fact that we had dogs running around the breakfast room while we were eating. I know it says pets welcome but PLEASE keep them in your room and do not feed them and let them run loose in the breakfast room. They are NOT your children. Don't get me wrong. I love dogs and even own one but I really did not appreciate having someone elses dog begging for food at my breakfast table :o(

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2009

We did a reverse park and stay and left our car there for two weeks. When they do not have room nearby, they use other hotel's parking lots. But we got to keep our keys and the car was fine. They shuttled us to and from the other hotel. The room was nice and very clean. The bed was comfy. The only thing we did not like was that the toilets were the lowest we have ever seen!! They looked (and felt) like child sized toilets!! Friends who stayed in another room also complained about their toilet being so low, so this appears to be a hotel wide issue. But breakfast was terrific. We would definitely stay at this hotel again if the price were competitive. Too bad they don't have normal height toilets or they wold have received an even better review!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2009

My wife and I stayed at this hotel to go shopping in the area, The hotel is in a good location, staff were very nice and the room was adequate for our rate - $89.00/nite. Initially they wanted 109/nite however when I said this was too much and wanted directions to another hotel they offered the room for 89.00. The room was clean and adequate. My wife really liked the continental breakfast which the staff kept replenished. There is an internet station which was nicely available. The bed in the room (233) however, was absolutely horrible. The king bed seemed to have a concave shape which was so severe that we got little sleep. Other reviews seemed to say that their beds were comfortable so we must have got a bum bed. Hopefully, they will change the bed in that room.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BobLaS
Reviewed 6 July 2009

I stayed here on business recently and made my reservation on line. I reserved a king room with micro/fridge. When I got to the hotel the desk clerk informed me that they "upgraded" me to a jacuzzi room.
Now I don't know about you, but the last thing I'm looking for on a business trip is an old, dirty, mirrored up jacuzzi "suite".
The room was 80's / 90's vintage that had a standup shower you might find in an old health club. The 20w light bulb in the bathroom was probably a good idea to limit the light of day on the poor condition of this place...
During my phone call to the reservation desk at LaQuinta (I'm a Returns member) they told me that there was nothing they could do about the switch of rooms and that I should speak to the person that checked me in. My expectation of a go no where shouting match with anyone at the front desk was not one I was going to entertain.
During the phone call I did however manage to kill a spider, which I felt good about.

In defense of this old hotel, they did put in a beautiful new granite counter top with new faucet and under-mount sink, so I guess that justifies the 20 year old gross jacuzzi tub, dirty full wall mirrors (how classy), "leave the shoes on" carpet and in general, an understated elegance that defies comprehension.

Hey, I'm not looking to stay at some "full service" hotel when I'm on the road, but at least give me a decent room and if you can't, walk me out to another hotel that can. I spend about 100 nights a year in hotels and they could have done better to satisfy a regular customer of the chain. (Normally I have gotten good service and decent rooms at LaQuinta in other parts of the country. I'm going to make sure they are "newer" from now on before booking)

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank edge540
Reviewed 24 June 2009

We stayed here for one night June 20th to attend a wedding reception that was was 1 1/2 miles away. The room was clean and quiet. The AAA rate was $89 plus tax. This was actually the best rate I found among the other hotels I considered in the area. Our room was on the second floor and there is NO elevator. I do not consider this a problem,but some people may. The only ice machine is on the first floor. Again....no big deal.

There is a computer on the first floor that anyone can use. It had fast internet service. The continental breakfast was acceptable. It was not crowded. The waffles were good and they continually filled up the fruit bowl with fresh bananas.

The staff allowed us to check in early, which was nice because we were able to change our clothes before leaving for the wedding.

We left in the morning to go spend the next night in Niagara Falls. The ride was about 25 miles away.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank mekopp
Reviewed 24 April 2009

My visit lasted three nights. Honestly I was concern on what to expect despite some of the positive reviews but as in previous occasions I trusted what I read on Trip Advisor. My question at time of booking was: “Would I be paying the price on the price at the expense of cleanliness and comfort?” My price was $69.99/day and I was in for a surprise! The room was clean with minimal but not deplorable wear and tear. The bathroom had a marble sink, tile bath room floors, some spots in the plastic tub and shower walls, as well as in the toilet; but over all nothing to make me think twice about taking a shower or using the toilet. You will be provided with clean and smooth 2-3 large and 3-4 small towels soap and shampoo but remember if you are staying here is because you are on a budget. The bed was very comfortable and well kept, 4-5 pillows, cotton sheets without stains and bad smells. Thus I did not have a feeling that I would be waking up with bug bites all over my body. The décor is very similar to what you see in the web photos, pleasant but not cheap looking and well kept. The same goes for the carpet and walls, thus as I walk through the room I had the feeling that the property manager was aware that cleanliness regardless of price means repeat business. You have room wireless service that is free and fast. Be aware that the room and thus the closet are small but not claustrophobic. It is true; the noise form the heating unit takes some getting use to. A the time of my check in I was told that the property is smoke free and will be kept smoke free consequently you will sign a document stating you will be charged $250 if you smoke in the room, great idea!. My only lingering concern is if they keep a selected number of rooms as “pet rooms” or if they rotate them as I heard a few barks at night. The property has two floors and no elevators so if you have luggage you will have some hard labor up the stairs. The property even has a small work out room with a very descent treadmill and an elliptical machine. I stayed in the first floor that back ups to an empty filed thus if you are safety conscious I would recommend you ask for a second floor room. The breakfast is minimal and essential in the form of cereals, fruit, toast, yogurt, fruit and juices. If you want a better breakfast you can walk a few steps across the parking lot to a Bob Evans next door and take your free news paper with you. The staff is friendly and when I approached the cleaning lady on my second morning to let her know my room had not been cleaned until noon after my first night, she stop cleaning the room she was doing went to clean mine and even changes my linen despite one night use. The location is on Transit Road, currently under construction, you will find many good dinning and lunch options to use the money you saved on the hotel. My only negative experiences, if such, were the smell coming into my room from the breakfast bar in the morning and a non working phone. If you think that your stay will be one similar to what you would have at a Motel 6, Travel Lodge, Econo Lodge, or Red Roof Inn. You are in for a surprise.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank vtxman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
#1 of 12 in Williamsville
Best Western The Inn at Buffalo Airport
Wyndham Garden Buffalo Williamsville

Been to La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!