“OK, Not A Typical LQ”

La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Williamsville
Reviewed 11 April 2010

I'm a La Quinta Returns Member and try to spend most of my nights at La Quinta hotels. Coming to the Buffalo area did not leave me with much of a choice but to pick this hotel close to the Buffalo airport. Looking back at my stay leaves somewhat mixed emotions, although not too negative. The property is definitely not your typical LQ, it is a two-story L-shaped building that is directly connected to another hotel next door. It is located just off the interstate and there are restaurants and other hotels nearby. Amenity-wise I found wireless internet, the typical "business center" (an internet PC), brochures of the area, vending, well, the typical LQ-equipment, absolutely no complaints here, everything as expected. Parking is a bit of a nightmare, at least around the weekends, the lot is tight, twisty and fills up quickly. I had a room facing out back towards trees and bushes, so I did have a very quiet night, which is good. The room however, lets just say housekeeping should be more careful. I had to laugh reading the other review here about killing a spider. I did not find a living spider, but there were spider webs on the ceiling and on the lamps, things that could easily be cleaned. Don't get me wrong, it was not overly dirty, but it could have been better - the furniture is the outdated La Quinta style but in OK shape. I would like to highlight the Front Desk staff, which I found extremely good. I don't know if it was the owners in person - I checked in using a free night certificate and a separate reservation for the following night. During checkin the clerk immediatly knew that I had a second reservation for the next night (which has never happened before...), and the next morning I came to make sure everything was OK and again they knew who I was, what the reservations where - seriously, my compliments, I have never found so informed and thoughtful staff!
Coming to a conclusion: The hotel is not too bad, it could do with better housekeeping, if you need a place to spend the night in Buffalo, feel free to come. I was unhappy with the price, New York State in general is expensive, but I don't really agree with the LQ's pricing policy here - it would strongly depend on the pricing whether I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 February 2010

Very happy for the price I paid. Hotel was clean and the front desk staff were very helpful. Great hotel if you just have a one night stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 January 2010

This is a good choice if you need a place to spend the night near the airport. It's not honeymoon-worthy or special occasion worthy, but it's clean, reasonable, and convenient for an early flight departure. I was impressed that the continental breakfast started very early, making it easy to catch a quick coffee, juice and toast before take-off. The shuttle service was running early too, although we did not use it as we had a rental car to return. My only complaint, and this is the second time it has happened at a La Quinta property, is that the front desk staff does not know anything about the loyalty rewards program. I prefer to earn airline miles and the staff tells me to deal with the on-line service later, but the on-line service tells me that the clerk should enter the appropriate numbers and they can't help me. Still, better to have a clean, quiet, comfortable night's sleep than to earn miles for a night in a flea-bag. The free Wi-Fi worked well in our room. I would return under similar circumstances.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2010

My family was traveling through Buffalo on our way home to Maine from Chicago. We had booked an overnight stop at the Rodeway Inn in Williamsville because my husband had points there. I can't describe how horrible the room at that hotel was. For the first time in our lives we demanded our money back and left...with no place to stay.

We called around to nearby hotels and they either were booked or they couldn't accommodate our dog. We headed down the road and saw the La Quinta. I went in - rooms were available and they were happy to let me see one before booking a night. Clean...well-maintained...dogs stay for free...we booked.

The 2 desk clerks were so nice & helpful ("have some fresh-baked cookies"), the room was basic but felt like the Hilton after seeing the Rodeway Inn! The breakfast in the morning looked substantial enough, but we were in a hurry to get on the road so we didn't stay and eat. Thank you, La Quinta! We make this trip every year and we will probably be back!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2009

On a recent trip to Buffalo some friends and I stayed at La Quinta. The rooms are adequate but small but we did not have overly high expectations because of the price. We found the rooms to be relatively clean although the night clerk was not the most friendly person in the world. We were happy to see it was a completely smoke free environment. What spoiled my stay particularly was the fact that we had dogs running around the breakfast room while we were eating. I know it says pets welcome but PLEASE keep them in your room and do not feed them and let them run loose in the breakfast room. They are NOT your children. Don't get me wrong. I love dogs and even own one but I really did not appreciate having someone elses dog begging for food at my breakfast table :o(

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2009

We did a reverse park and stay and left our car there for two weeks. When they do not have room nearby, they use other hotel's parking lots. But we got to keep our keys and the car was fine. They shuttled us to and from the other hotel. The room was nice and very clean. The bed was comfy. The only thing we did not like was that the toilets were the lowest we have ever seen!! They looked (and felt) like child sized toilets!! Friends who stayed in another room also complained about their toilet being so low, so this appears to be a hotel wide issue. But breakfast was terrific. We would definitely stay at this hotel again if the price were competitive. Too bad they don't have normal height toilets or they wold have received an even better review!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2009

My wife and I stayed at this hotel to go shopping in the area, The hotel is in a good location, staff were very nice and the room was adequate for our rate - $89.00/nite. Initially they wanted 109/nite however when I said this was too much and wanted directions to another hotel they offered the room for 89.00. The room was clean and adequate. My wife really liked the continental breakfast which the staff kept replenished. There is an internet station which was nicely available. The bed in the room (233) however, was absolutely horrible. The king bed seemed to have a concave shape which was so severe that we got little sleep. Other reviews seemed to say that their beds were comfortable so we must have got a bum bed. Hopefully, they will change the bed in that room.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BobLaS
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
0 mi away
#1 of 13 in Williamsville
Comfort Suites Buffalo
Comfort Suites Buffalo
#19 of 22 in Cheektowaga

Been to La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!