“Service pluses and minuses”

Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Williamsville
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The poor reception at the front desk was more than compensated for by Ashley at Remington's. She made us feel at home. The driver was very courteous. The room was clean and fresh. Our flight was late but Ashley was able to get us some great appetizers.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Seal360

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I've stayed at Salvatores Garden Palace Hotel several times while visiting Buffalo on business. The property itself is beautiful with tons of sculptures and fountains inside and out.

The staff is extremely professional, friendly and helpful.

The hotel itself is loaded with sculptures, fountains and art.

I've stayed in King Standard, King Suite and King Jacuzzi rooms. All of them are nicely appointed, large and very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Dave Y
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We had a great anniversary at the Garden Place Hotel. We stayed at this hotel the night of our wedding 11 years ago. We loved it then and we still love it today. They have made many changes and our updated room was clean and spacious. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, making sure we had everything we needed including reservations at Salvatore's Italian Gardens (a sister restaurant that we would highly recommend). Breakfast the next morning was delicious. We especially liked the waffle stations where there were plenty of waffle makers to serve the whole crowd. We would recommend this hotel to anybody coming to visit Buffalo and we are happy that it is in our own backyard! Thank you to all of the staff at the Garden Place Hotel who made our anniversary simply perfect.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChrisBuffalo716
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Buffalo Niagara area hotels are pricey in the summer, but Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel is an exception. I paid $130 for a large room with king size bed, large sofa pull out bed, full desk, fridge and complimentary breakfast, the room compared to $160-$180 charges at the Hilton Garden Inn, Marriott Courtyard, Hampton Inn, and others.
The hotel is a five minute drive from Buffalo airport, and around 30-40 minutes from Niagara Falls. The hotel is far enough away from Highway 90 that the noise is not a problem, but if you find a room facing the front, rather than the back of the hotel, you have a nicer view of a wooded area. Showers in the rooms allow you to set your own custom temperature.
The included breakfast is typical of those included free with hotels, but with a few great differences. There are real dishes to eat on. No plastic spoons. No styrofoam. The coffee is outstanding. There is real granola. The eating area is bigger than many restaurants.
There are many restaurants on Transit Road, which the hotel faces - Bob Evans, Cracker Barrel and many other chains. However, if you want a low priced treat, go to Ted's hot dogs - turn right out of the hotel and drive 5 minutes up the road. These are the best hot dogs I've ever had, and the shakes are made with real ice cream and milk, the old fashioned way. They have been there for decades. To your left about a quarter mile is the famous Salvatore's Italian Restaurant. It is expensive, but the meals are worth it and the decor is totally unique - like a museum inside.
The hotel is 5 minutes from movie theaters and 10 minutes from several shopping malls.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing front wooded area for a nicer view away from the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Gerry K
Reviewed 16 July 2014

That is the best way to explain our time at Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel. It was frustrating from beginning to end! I could go on and list all of the problems, but really what it comes down to is this hotel did not care about our comfort, or the inconvenience they caused us. Sometimes I like to tell about minor issues hoping the hotel management will see it and use it as an opportunity to fix the problem - but in this situation - ugh! I do not think anyone would care. Just complete apathy to all of their guests needs. There are so many other hotels in the vicinity of this one, there really is no need to go here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Girlsweekendreview
GMIII, General Manager at Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us here at the Garden Place Hotel. I actually read this review a couple times because it's quite disturbing that you would clearly state management doesnt care about issues and list poor customer service. Clealy I do not agree and also I do not think it was a fair statement to post. I never have spoken to you about any issues and I also messaged you to find out more information and have not heard back from anyone as of yet. My concern is all issues no matter what the size. If a guest has an issue our front desk staff take action and make the customer happy to the best of their ability. I understand you cannot please everyone, but within reason we go above and beyond to make sure our guests leave happy and want to come back in the future. I hope you get a chance to call me or email me so that I can hear about these issues because none of them are stated on here as well. I hope you give me a chance to make things right as I only want you to be happy with our services, especially our customer service.

GARDEN PLACE HOTEL
716-635-9000x4416
JSantora@gardenplacehotel.net

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We visited here overnight and this hotel was absolutely wonderful. They offered beautiful artwork and impress sculptures throughout the hotel and a lovely view from our room as well. Our room was clean and comfortable and very spacious. Their breakfast was included and was ok. They offered room service and extended stay accommodations. The bar was nice and the staff were all friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. It was a fabulous experience.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JulieD1228

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Garden Place Hotel. I want to thank you for the kind words and things you have stated about our hotel and the experience you had while staying with us. I will be sharing this with our management team and all our employees as a "Job Well Done." All departments work very hard to make sure our guests feel exactly the way you did and it makes us all feel good and put a smile on our face knowing we have done just that. Hospitality is our business and we gladly assist with any needs or requests our guests may have. So thank you again from all of us here at the Garden Place Hotel and we look forward to seeing you again. Have a great weekend.

GARDEN PLACE HOTEL
716-635-9000x4416
JSantora@Gardenplacehotel.net

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel was ok, not great. It's tired. The gold carpet I the room needs to be steam cleaned and/ or replaced. The rooms are not vacuumed every day. Other than that, it's ok. Price was good, location great. We had a bogus charge on our checkout invoice . I called and was told that would be reversed, but why was it there in the first place? Left a detailed comment card in the room,,interested to see if it gets turned in! This hotel served its purpose, but not so sure we would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Travelers0205
GMIII, General Manager at Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. I want to apologize for the issues you had with us while staying but I can assure you that this is not true about the rooms not being vacuumed daily. Our rooms are not only cleaned every day, they're inspected with checklist regarding the room’s necessities. Some of the rooms are getting renovated still and it looks like you had a room that had a light gold color carpet. We are switching them out and completing renovations this year. We have a very user friendly booking system, even through choice hotels now that sends email confirmations and informs guests of what they reserved when they book with us. I will definitely bring these issues up my management team and we will approach these issues immediately so that yourself and other guests visiting with us do not experience the same type of issues again. Thank you for letting us know and we look forward to your return. Please make sure you say hello and introduce yourselves to me or even make your reservations through me directly next time as well.

GM
Garden Place Hotel
JSantora@Gardenplacehotel.net
716-635-9000 x4416

Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
Days Hotel Buffalo Airport
Days Hotel Buffalo Airport
#9 of 22 in Cheektowaga
Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville

Been to Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Address: 6615 Transit Rd, Williamsville, NY 14221-7213 (Formerly Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel)
Region: United States > New York > Williamsville
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Williamsville
Price Range: £67 - £99 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Salvatores Garden Place Williamsville