“The outside may not look like all that much...”
Review of 800 Maple

800 Maple
Reserve with OpenTable
800 Maple is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 156 Restaurants in Williamsville
Price range: US$0 - US$48
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: 800 Maple is Williamsville's homegrown destination for the best prime steaks, chops and fresh seafood. The wood-fired grill assures perfection. Authentic wood oven pizzas are also a specialty here. Hand-picked wine selections compliment every taste and budget. The casual, contemporary setting is a great spot for private banquets, office parties. Enjoy a fine dinner or a late-night cocktail with an easy snack. Live music is a regular happening in the bar. Call for more info.
Buffalo, New York
“The outside may not look like all that much...”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I've been to 800 Maple quite a number of times. My first visit was instant addiction. The atmosphere, whether in the bar on in the restaurant, is first rate - sleek, clean and feeling trendy, in a classic kind of way. The food is among the best in the city. It's an inventive menu, but not obtuse. You can get a great wood-fired pizza here, or a great flat-iron steak. Some friends of mine collect at the bar every so often, and make a meal out of cosmopolitans, manhattans, wine, and truffle-dusted french fries, breaded artichokes and any number of salads. These evenings generallly cost us all of $30 apiece, which is a steal, given how great everything is. Highly recommend this place. Will keep going back again, and again, and again...

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Litany

Buffalo, NY
“Wonderful meal, great vegetarian selections, great drinks!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My husband and I tried this restaurant for the first time last night and we are so glad we did. We like to try new places on our date nights, and this was one we never really considered before. We were pleasantly surprised. There were plenty of vegetarian selections on the menu. We ended up starting with one of the best salads we've ever had (we both agreed...) - a spinach salad with bleu cheese, pecans, apples and dried cherries with a maple dressing. I could have made a meal of this alone (if I had ordered a double portion..). We then shared one of their wood fired pizzas - the Benny (with pesto, Ricotta, artichokes, olives, hot peppers, and tomatoes). It was simply delicious. The toppings were plentiful, the crust was thin and crispy, and the flavor combination was great. Drinks were great too. There was a great selection. We ended up trying a martini that tasted like summer and a nice, stiff Old Fashioned. We were hoping to try a few more things, at the very least share a dessert, but we were quite full after that. Dinner was expensive ($60 for pizza and salad), but well worth the cost. We made reservations, but were seated at the bar in a high-top bar table. At first this was disappointing, but we found the table surprisingly comfortable and preferred the bar area which was a bit less congested than the dining room. We will be back.

• Visited May 2014
central PA
“Great brunch”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Brunch on Easter Sunday was my first visit to 800 Maple but will not be my last. The food and the service were both wonderful. My poached eggs on crab cakes with hollandaise sauce were outstanding. My husband had some wonderful Challah French toast and my son a frittata with chicken sausage, spinach, and feta; both were delicious. Fresh fruit, potatoes, and pastries rounded out our meal. The atmosphere was elegant but not stuffy, very relaxing and felt like . From the outside appearance I was not expecting the interior to be as nice as it was. Our waiter was a delight and deeply apologetic when a mix-up in the kitchen delayed our food. Other reviews have commented that the prices were high but I found them to be appropriate for the quality of the food and service. Will be trying dinner next time I am in the area.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank momzilla-6
Tonawanda, New York
“excellent food, great sevice”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

The wife and I went out for a Saturday night dinner without a kid in tow. I chose this restaurant because I have heard many good things about it and wanted to try it out. I try to dine locally when ever I can. We arrived about 15 minutes before 8pm. We went into the bar and had a cocktail before being seated, right about on time. We had a nice large square table near the kitchen and pizza oven. It was a busy area but the place was a busy place no matter where you sit. One complaint is that it is a very congested seating area and it is loud. Very open dining room that lends itself to carry sound around the room. Besides that, the steak was prepared to a tee. The chicken Milanese was tender and juicy. The food was top notch and worth the money. I would go back, probably on a slower night to see what the place was like on a slower night with less action.

Visited April 2014
Clarkston, Michigan
“Great food. Fabulous service!”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Just outside of Buffalo, close to all the hotels and University of Buffalo, it was packed on. Saturday night at 6:00 in the middle of a snow storm. Very popular with locals, a very good sign. Great bar, wine list was ok, but the food was outstanding ding. Roasted 1/2 chicken, spinach fettuccini, caprese salad with really fresh buffalo mozzarella, beet salad with nice fresh frizz and Gorgonzola . At at the bar , excellent table and glassware! Only 5 hours from Detroit and nothing like it there.

• Visited March 2014