“doing a budget, do econolodge”
Review of Econo Lodge

and 1 more site!
Econo Lodge
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Syracuse, New York
“doing a budget, do econolodge”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

once again, I rolled the dice using my travel coupon book from the NYS Thruway.This location is at the transit rd exit of the NYS Thruway, rt 90..... Econolodge :$39.. King size room with king size bed- the door plate says executive....Clean, quiet, easy check in. Breakfast buffet could use attention:cereal, bread / waffles, 2% milk only. Oj and other juices machine, coffee... no fruit...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Great for shopping trips. Wifi is weak in spots. Nothing special, would stay again. Great rate.

• Stayed November 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Reviewed 21 October 2011

My sister and I booked this hotel for one night so that we could catch an early flight, and take advantage of the park and fly option. FYI: When you book, it is listed as Rodeway Inn. The sign outside says Econo Lodge. Not helpful when you're trying to find the place.
The room was comfortable, but the bathroom had not been thoroughly cleaned (telltale hair of previous tenant on shower walls). We were not able to connect to the free wifi - there were at least 3 options it may have been, but the front desk person was not able to tell us the exact name of the network (Ramada? Rodeway?? Ramada 6???).
We were caught off guard at check when we were told that the park and fly option cost $30 extra. We were fairly snidely told that it was in the reservation confirmation, our fault for not knowing this, and did we want to cancel our stay. It was indeed hidden in some fine print in the reservation confirmation - not sure if this is the fault of the hotel or the booking agent.
The shuttle service to the airport was fine. However, they really failed on our return. Our flights were delayed, and we landed after the midnight cut off for shuttle service. When we called the hotel to ask what they could do, we were informed it was our problem, get a taxi, no they would not refund it. Extremely bad attitude. While I understand all of this was documented in the fine print, they really had no interest whatsoever in providing any kind of customer assistance.
So, we didn't get the full value of the $30 surprise park and fly fee we paid.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Williamsville hotels

Reviewed 7 September 2011

I booked a 3 night stay at this hotel then was advised by sister-in-law to read the reviews.after doing so was really dreading that I made a mistake.we traveled and was late we arriving and checking in with Lysol in hand.we was surprised at wat we saw. It wasn't as bad as wat we read. R room was acceptable.(but however after my husband used the toilet shortly after arriving. Toilet was clogged after notifying it was taking care of right away) pool was clean and we enjoyed it a lot. Breakfast wasn't to extraordinary but it was OK. I think r family wld go back over all.

• Stayed September 2011
MARKHAM
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We stayed there in May 2011 for the convenience of taking an early flight. I trusted some comments and expected a reasonably basic, good priced motel. I booked the motel by phone clearly mentioned that I would parked my car there for 10 days and needed a ride to the airport at 6am. When I checked in I was told that the cost was $30 more if I park and fly, the staff gave us a real bad attitude and said, "now, do you want it or leave it ! We are fully booked and there are people waiting !!!!"
It was late and rainy, I was very regret to make the wrong decision to stay. The motel was very rundown, it was unacceptably DIRTY, there were yellowish mucus-like dirt on the wall. Moreover, we were being rushed at 5:50am to the shuttle car as if we were not punctual. The driver was not only rude but driving very unsafely. I will never ever stay in the Rodeway Inn again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 111WendyToronto
New Hampshire
Reviewed 15 August 2011

This was the worst $100 I ever spent....

The halls and common areas were scary dirty. There is nothing here that a day or two of renting a carpet cleaner couldn't help immensely. The mismatched colors in the room were pretty awful. I lifted the toilet seat (I'm a guy!) and the whole thing came off. The shower head came to my chest--I'm tall, but that's TOO low. I went out and came back and the phone was blinking with a message for me to come to the front desk. I did and it turns out it was an old message for another guest.

I DID check the mattress and drawers for creepy things and didn't see anything and nothing has shown up, so there's one good thing.

From my room I could see the Microtel next door advertising $59 rooms.

I understand this place is famous for bad PR. Making it better would be SO easy. I was only here because the *excellent* Clarion across the street was fully booked for the last night of my stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank georgecleveland
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I was warned about this location. Everything that I was told was true. This Inn is in serious need of upgrading/updating. The hallways and lobby were stifling hot; my room A/C unit barely cooled; the privacy backing of the curtains had holes; ceiling had cracks; overhead light fixtures in bathroom were filthy; had only 2 minutes of hot water in shower; front desk did nothing to mitigate overly noisy guests in next room that decided to slam doors and talk loudly at 4:30am. I WILL NEVER STAY AT RODEWAY AGAIN!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank GardenBarbee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
SpringHill Suites Buffalo Airport
Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville
La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport
La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport
#6 of 12 in Williamsville

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!